Jim Bell out as Bombers COO

gbill2004

Haha - I guess that's deserved - gotta start somewhere though.  Actually I used to post a lot at Ourbombers (Buzz4QB) - but got tired of trolls and negatrons so stepped away for a while.  This site seems a lot more like Ourbombers used to be originally... I'm usually content to just lurk but I'm a Miller fan and don't really want to see people start making this into a WWE 'heel vs. hero' match.  Guess I'll go back to lurk mode!

The only thing I'll say regarding the post about it being an old boys club, Miller came in and got rid of some of them "old boys". Not really sure those posts really make sense.

Unless people are referring to the BOD, but the BOD has removed a few older guys and added a few new younger guys and gals for that matter.

Thinks are a changing, for years and years people referred to us as a gong show, Bell might have been a nice guy, Bannon too, Others also but... Times, they are a changing.

I'm fine with whatever decision Miller makes. He knows what he is doing regardless of some pretty obvious personal shots a few posters have taken against him. People talk about Ameet Pall kicking Iso's dog on the other thread, Well apparently Miller has done the same to a few on here too. 

It's a business after all. 

Haha - I guess that's deserved - gotta start somewhere though.  Actually I used to post a lot at Ourbombers (Buzz4QB) - but got tired of trolls and negatrons so stepped away for a while.  This site seems a lot more like Ourbombers used to be originally... I'm usually content to just lurk but I'm a Miller fan and don't really want to see people start making this into a WWE 'heel vs. hero' match.  Guess I'll go back to lurk mode!

Don't take the comments so seriously fellow lurker.There is a bit of a wolf /coyote mentality around here and they love to pounce. I happen to agree 100% with your post and no, I'm not Wades Dad!

I also go back quite a ways with Jim so I guess I would be considered partial. So when things were not good and the fans were upset like when the stadium was not ready or when the traffic to the stadium was a mess who did the Bombers trot out to face the music? He also took most of the flack during the security issues. I won't speculate as to the reason for his departure but I doubt it had to do with his work.

I wish him well.

Holy crap, talk about throwing around rumour and innuendo. The anti-Miller crowd is out in full force.

Seems to me changes from the past were in order and it looks like the changes mostly have been positive. 

Bell, as COO, has a nice ring to it, but if he's not "in" with the plan, I guess they had to move on.

Miller and Walters seem to be on the same plan long range and goal-wise and that's, at least, a very good start.

What I've also 'figured out' is that winning, also starts with 'W,' and I've already seen proof of that.

Holy crap, talk about throwing around rumour and innuendo. The anti-Miller crowd is out in full force.

Seems to me changes from the past were in order and it looks like the changes mostly have been positive. 

Bell, as COO, has a nice ring to it, but if he's not "in" with the plan, I guess they had to move on.

Miller and Walters seem to be on the same plan long range and goal-wise and that's, at least, a very good start.

What I've also 'figured out' is that winning, also starts with 'W,' and I've already seen proof of that.

I assume you know something about this? Jim lived Blue & Gold so please explain what you mean.

IMWT. Look if Bell came on board in 2002 he's been here through some of the shittiest years for this club, why are we lamenting him being shown the door? Being a nice guy is great but maybe he's not good enough for what Miller wants to do? Gotta trust the guy because so far he seems to know what he is doing. 

Jim Bell is a top-notch individual.  IMO if he was ever given the full title of team president after Bauer, a lot of pain would have been saved.

I always wondered why Garth got the job instead of him.

Garth could sell radio time like the dickens. Never under-estimate the power of a salesman. Garth was in a lot of so-called power meetings with guys like Bauer, Asper, board presidents, etc. so with a new stadium coming they thought a radio time sales guy could translate that into season tickets. In a word, garth was horrid from the get-go.

I assume you know something about this? Jim lived Blue & Gold so please explain what you mean.

What has living Blue and Gold have to do with it? Miller also lives Blue and Gold.

I'm not steering this thread, and I'm not purporting to know anymore than anyone else, I'm just following along with the same information everybody else has

Reported earlier was the phrasing:

gbill2004, on 26 Aug 2014 - 1:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Bell says he did not resign his position. It is believed he and CEO Wade Miller reached a mutual agreement on a parting of the ways due to philosophical differences.

They had differences, I can't see Miller not being in with the plan…that leaves Bell.

Call it what you will... re-structuring, firing, salary cuts, whatever…it doesn't mean Bell is anything but another good guy who lost a position he loves.

It happens to all of us.

I was just saying people are jumping on Miller…without knowing all the facts and perhaps on previous prejudices of Miller.

I just see it as another Bomber organizational move, I'm not trying to breath life into any rumour.

What has living Blue and Gold have to do with it? Miller also lives Blue and Gold.

I'm not steering this thread, and I'm not purporting to know anymore than anyone else, I'm just following along with the same information everybody else has

Reported earlier was the phrasing:

gbill2004, on 26 Aug 2014 - 1:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Bell says he did not resign his position. It is believed he and CEO Wade Miller reached a mutual agreement on a parting of the ways due to philosophical differences.

They had differences, I can't see Miller not being in with the plan…that leaves Bell.

Call it what you will... re-structuring, firing, salary cuts, whatever…it doesn't mean Bell is anything but another good guy who lost a position he loves.

It happens to all of us.

I was just saying people are jumping on Miller…without knowing all the facts and perhaps on previous prejudices of Miller.

I just see it as another Bomber organizational move, I'm not trying to breath life into any rumour.

Who said they had differences? The thread you use as your reference says "it is believed ...." 

How does that make it they had differences? I respect Miller's right to fire Bell but to say it was because he did not buy into the plan is not correct. What I'm trying to say here is I have a hard time believing Bell would not have bought in a plan that was good for the Bombers.

I liked Jim Bell (as an outsider, never met him) and wish him all the best.  Always hate to see someone lose their job.

Still, Wade Miller has really helped this organization.  He might very well be a jerk (he's very business oriented, which as positives and negatives), but he's the jerk we need right now.  This organization has been a complete and utter mess for a long time.  We needed someone who has a strong plan, isn't afraid of changing things and most importantly helps the franchise.

I was worried when we initially hired Miller just because our history of going 'back to the past' hasn't worked out well and this franchise needed someone who was going to steer the ship, not sit in the life raft.  Miller seems to be that person.

Not sure this is truly an anti-Miller crowd.  More like an anti-everything crowd.

New boss, different approach, philosophical differences, a mutual agreement to part ways because you realize there isn't a future together.  Been there, done that.  It can actually be that straightforward.  What's with all the conspiracy garbage?

Timing of Bell being fired is interesting. Trying to free up some money to sign Dressler?

This needs way more likes.

It happens to all of us.

Who said they had differences? The thread you use as your reference says "it is believed ...." 

Finish reading the sentence. The belief was they reached a mutual agreement……due to philosophical differences.

How does that make it they had differences?

I guess Miller believed the position was unnecessary and Bell didn't agree…you know they didn't think the same.

I respect Miller's right to fire Bell but to say it was because he did not buy into the plan is not correct. What I'm trying to say here is I have a hard time believing Bell would not have bought in a plan that was good for the Bombers.

I don't think you should take this whole removal thing personally.

Nobody is attacking Jim Bell.

And if you don't like the phrasing 'in' with the plan, then how about 'in sync' or running on the same track, reading from the same book, didn't wade in the same pool…hell I don't know.

Tell Jim I didn't mean anything by it.

Sounds like it's just as simple as restructuring. It happens in business all the time. This is a community owned team, the bombers are looking to save some money. I can't really blame them. Bell, don't know the guy, seemed like a nice guy but he was a nice guy who got paid a nice chunk of money for a very long time. He will be fine. In the end, it comes down to money and i'd suspect this one did too. The fact that they aren't going to go out and hire another COO and VP says all any of us really need to know.