Jim Bell out as Bombers COO

gbill2004

680CJOB Sports has learned that the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be leaving the club effective the end of this week.

Jim Bell first joined the club in 2002 as Director of Finance.

He served two years as President of the Bombers in 2009 and 2010 before being named VP and COO in 2011.

Bell was heavily involved in the transition to Investors Group Field and has been responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Bombers.

Bell says he did not resign his position. It is believed he and CEO Wade Miller reached a mutual agreement on a parting of the ways due to philosophical differences.

Jim Bell is a top-notch individual.  IMO if he was ever given the full title of team president after Bauer, a lot of pain would have been saved.

I always wondered why Garth got the job instead of him.

Because Garth was an easy target to pin the stadium delays on.  That was their plan from the start.  Bring in someone and blame the stadium delays on him, then fire him.

This concerns me as well.  I have spoken with Jim Bell several times over the years and he is a true professional...a class act.  Can Wade not get along with people?  Why is he firing all these good people?  What is Wade scheming up...some creative accounting? 

It will unquestionably be the worst case scenario.

You have major changes at the top of the organization.  An organization that was pretty much a tire fire for a few years.  Not saying it was Jim Bell or Jeff Bannons fault.  No doubt it was not.  But when the winds of change blow through a building they will sweep out all kinds of folks.  

Wade Miller is an extremely intelligent, successful & shrewd businessman.  We've seen the results of his hard work so far on the field, now we're seeing more of it off, as well.  He knows what he's doing.

Welcome to the board Mr. Miller. If you know what you are doing, please give us insight as to why Mr. Bell had to walk the plank.

Figure it out.....this started when Bell didn't get the Pres job and Mack and Buchko got hired. If people haven't figured it out the"W" no longer stands for Winnipeg...it stands for Wade. If people aren't concerned they should be.

It should stand for Wade...he is the President whether you like it or not! Sure is a lot of conjecture and nothing in the way of facts on these posts. And I'll take the changes that have been made regarding how the stadium is being run and the game activities, and the product on the field, over what it has been in the past!