Anyone miss the old Section S at the old stadium?

Pitthead

Yes the new stadium is very lovely and the bathrooms and concessions are swell, however game day experience sure isn't as fun as the old S section on the East side of the old stadium. Remember how everyone stood the entire game? Remember Hogan? Remember the Eat the Corn guy? How about "Cell phones suck" or the infamous Beer Snake? Used to be an entire section where all the maniacs could gather and have a wild and crazy time without worrying about any form of judgement. Now all the maniacs are scattered throughout and  there's no more maniacal cohesion. Too bad!

Now if one cheers a little too much or tries to help out the D with a little noise, one is met with disparaging  looks designed to "shush" the perpetrator. Section S at the old place used to feel like a football game. Now it's more like being in a library or a church. Hate to say it but the old place (at least Section S) was a helluva lot more fun than the new place. Now the new supposed S section is in the endzone and who the hell wants to sit there? Nobody. So now all the funsters are scattered around sitting on their hands and trying not to make too much of a disturbance so as not to offend the "serious" football fans. How lame is that? Get over yourselves everyone. It's a football game. It's supposed to be fun! It;s not a funeral. Geez!

Okay, I've been to 2 games including the infamous "Boltus Game" last September & I've experienced nothing but noise & enthusiastic fans which was no easy feat last season. IGF has a reputation of being the loudest stadium in the CFL so I don't know where you're sitting. if you want to make noise & cheer for the Bombers just do it as long as you're not drunk, constantly standing up when the play is going on &/or using foul language or being loutish. It's your right to cheer. If you're behaving yourself when cheering then security can't kick you out.

Of course, I've found in my travels that here are 2 sides to every story & the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

What section are you in? Are you watching the game from your car parked on Pembina? The first two games this year were crazy loud considering we only had 24k and 27k. This last game wasn't as loud but we never had much to cheer about. I know there isn't a student section anymore but it's still louder then Canadinns ever was. The only time you get the shhhh is when the offence is on the field.

Yes the new stadium is very lovely and the bathrooms and concessions are swell, however game day experience sure isn't as fun as the old S section on the East side of the old stadium. Remember how everyone stood the entire game? Remember Hogan? Remember the Eat the Corn guy? How about "Cell phones suck" or the infamous Beer Snake? Used to be an entire section where all the maniacs could gather and have a wild and crazy time without worrying about any form of judgement. Now all the maniacs are scattered throughout and  there's no more maniacal cohesion. Too bad!

Now if one cheers a little too much or tries to help out the D with a little noise, one is met with disparaging  looks designed to "shush" the perpetrator. Section S at the old place used to feel like a football game. Now it's more like being in a library or a church. Hate to say it but the old place (at least Section S) was a helluva lot more fun than the new place. Now the new supposed S section is in the endzone and who the hell wants to sit there? Nobody. So now all the funsters are scattered around sitting on their hands and trying not to make too much of a disturbance so as not to offend the "serious" football fans. How lame is that? Get over yourselves everyone. It's a football game. It's supposed to be fun! It;s not a funeral. Geez!

Exactly 

You paid money to watch a football game

I think there should still be a section "S" spot for those who want that kind of environment.  I also think there should be a booze free section and a family section for folks who want that kind of environment.  The game day experience should be great for everyone, no matter what kind of fan they are.  Putting like types together would really help that IMHO.

I don't miss drunk idiots falling down the stairs and cussing out old ladies. It's nice going to games not half expecting to have to make a choice between getting in a fight or letting some meathead berate a woman.

Not saying it was just Section S, but the new atmosphere at games is fine by me. I've never seen anyone get "shushed" either.

I don't miss drunk idiots falling down the stairs and cussing out old ladies. It's nice going to games not half expecting to have to make a choice between getting in a fight or letting some meathead berate a woman.

Not saying it was just Section S, but the new atmosphere at games is fine by me. I've never seen anyone get "shushed" either.

Some guy puked in front of me on the street at the Banjo Bowl last year.  Luckily there was no splash that hit me or my kids.

It's kind of sad people have to get that drunk at a Football game.  This isn't a friggen bar.  I don't mind people getting drunk, but if you get so shitfaced drunk you have to throw up, this isn't the place for you.

I've never understood the philosophy of paying a lot of money for a ticket to a concert or sporting event, and then getting so drunk on overpriced beer that you can't remember the event you bought a ticket for in the first place. At least go to a pub where they won't charge you $30 or $40 (or more) just to walk in the door. You could easily spend $100 or more and have not even have memories to show for it.

I've never understood the philosophy of paying a lot of money for a ticket to a concert or sporting event, and then getting so drunk on overpriced beer that you can't remember the event you bought a ticket for in the first place. At least go to a pub where they won't charge you $30 or $40 (or more) just to walk in the door. You could easily spend $100 or more and have not even have memories to show for it.

I also agree... though the positive is that the dumb drunks are sinking money into the club.   

I assume most people who get super drunk are mainly out to socialize and not to watch the game in the first place.   

Now if one cheers a little too much or tries to help out the D with a little noise, one is met with disparaging  looks designed to "shush" the perpetrator.

I was trying to make a souffle.  What did you expect?

I don't know what imaginary game you were at.  I'll hazard a guess the situation has not fully been described.  More likely there was a drunken lout screaming profanities at the opposing team while some poor mom and dad wondered why they would ever bring their kids to another Bomber game.

Something along these lines perhaps:  "FUGGINBURRISDIEARGHYUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEE (barfs on shoes) WADDDDAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOULOOGINGATJERGTHISIZNTALYBRARRREEEEIMAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEELFANN!!!"

I bring lozenges to games for all the yelling I do and the situation you're describing is totally unknown.  Pretty good chance the problem is you.

or drink alone at home in the dark

lol Can't say I've ever been "shushed" at IGF for cheering.... and I have sat in probably a dozen different sections so far.

If someone tried to shush me for cheering on our defense that would go very very poorly for that person.

Seems a little excessive no? Just tell the uninformed individual that what your doing is making like miserable for the oppositions offense and it's practically a requirement at this point now.. They still don't get it, tell em to go watch baseball..

Section S was fun but... it was distracting for sure. 

Section S got ruined for me when i went to a game and i saw a few 40-50 year olds sitting in there acting like they were 20. Hogan was cool but man, that guy is a good example of what ruined it for me. Got lame when i realized that The "student" section wasn't just for students.