Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

There have been broad hints that both Brandon Stewart and Jovon Johnson had attitude problems last year which didn't help the team culture at all. Having gotten rid of those two problems, Walters and O'Shea were probably very loathe to bring another prima donna on board.

I'm sorry but JJ did everything this organization asked him to do and never complained publicly, ever.

I think there were huge 'attitude' problems last year... once the coach visibly quit on the team and the GM vanished.

The description came from Wiecek, so take that for what its worth. Considering how little Poblah and Banks have contributed to their respective clubs, this looks like a lose-lose transaction.

There have been broad hints that both Brandon Stewart and Jovon Johnson had attitude problems last year which didn't help the team culture at all. Having gotten rid of those two problems, Walters and O'Shea were probably very loathe to bring another prima donna on board.

I'm sorry but JJ did everything this organization asked him to do and never complained publicly, ever.

I think there were huge 'attitude' problems last year... once the coach visibly quit on the team and the GM vanished.

The description came from Wiecek, so take that for what its worth. Considering how little Poblah and Banks have contributed to their respective clubs, this looks like a lose-lose transaction.

Huh?  Poblah's playing for BC.

Poblah has already contributed more than Banks has this season.

That said, I don't view acquiring Banks a mistake. The organization recognized they had a void in the locker room with the departure of many defensive veterans. He was viewed as a guy to fill that void. A bridge for the short term. Nothing more. Signing Banks shouldn't be viewed as a failure .. other players have stepped up and performed (so far) and the team looks quite composed. Could Banks be on his way out? Maybe. But I don't fault Walters for trying to add a steadying influence to a unit that was anything but steady last season.

Huh?  Poblah's playing for BC.

made a nice catch in the game today...

I am curious how people seem to randomly declare someone as a "leader" when they have no real knowledge as to what if any leadership qualities they actually have?

A leader might be best determined with the the qualities they display on and off the field.....it doesn't mean those with the biggest month.

I am curious how people seem to randomly declare someone as a "leader" when they have no real knowledge as to what if any leadership qualities they actually have?

A leader might be best determined with the the qualities they display on and off the field.....it doesn't mean those with the biggest month.

Given how well respected he was in BC .. in that community and by his teammates .. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Banks is a quality guy ..

Interesting that the author of today's Banks' article is blaming TSN for calling him a healthy scratch ... hard to judge the performance of a knicked up athlete .... Banks will eventually get on the field and then we will see 

Don't like trolling reporters trying to peddle their papers

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Not only was @24Banks a healthy scratch, as per @GlenSuitor, he is also being shopped by #Bombers in trade talks. #CFL

Exactly ... I don't believe Banks is at 100% but I do believe we are getting lazy reporting here but what do I know

Why is everyone accepting this rumour as fact?

Penton is very connected with Walter and is extremely credible.

Penton said it was a CFL source, not a Bomber source. And Penton and his sources have been wrong.

He's connected league wide as well.

Doesn't mean his sources are always right. 

Why are you arguing over something like this?

oh well, is this really that big of a deal? lets be honest, the guy looked turrible in the pre-season when he got in, looked slow, looked like he could care less actually... just cuz he went on twitter and "tweeted" a few things doesn't mean he's a leader, as a matter of fact, i'd suggest the reason he will be cut/traded/released is because he's not being the leader they expected him to be. And if he aint bringing that veteran leadership, then why keep him around when its apparent he's not good enough any more. 

He made the team though (Poblah) and made a couple of catches, one really nice one. But that being said, he's just eating salary (Banks) on the bombers right now. Even in preseason with his limited action he 'missed' a few tackles, or was run through by the ball carrier. Add to that he's lost a step - he's done. Though not sure if making room for Romby for Banks is a great move either.