Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

And how much cash did Hufnagel blow on Chris Bauman in 2012? And this after everyone else could see he was extremely over-rated. Huff is one of the best GM's in the league, and yet even he makes a boo-boo once in awhile. Hannah Montana can teach us all a great lesson.

Yeah, that Bauman signing by Huff was a head scratcher as the guy was a bust on every team he played. That was a six figure loss, by the way. I heard he was paid $120,000 a year by the Stamps so the 2 seasons of nothing that Bauman contributed cost the team over a cool quarter mill. Huff then drafted center Brent Jones & rookie left guard Brander Craighead last season who are now both starting on the offensive line for Calgary. The talk is Craighead could be another Dmitri Tsoumpas. Craighead was an NCAA OL so he had another year of eligibility in college when he was drafted so he came to training camp for the first time this season.

The only true first round bust that Huff ever had was DT Ameet "My Motor Never Stops" Pall selected in 2012. He never played a single down for the Stamps. Got injured in training camp, refused to go on the PR after the injury & was picked up by the Als where he contributed very little as well in 2012. I think he's out of the CFL now. So, this stuff happens to the best of them. Huff's draft record is rock solid otherwise.

For all the ass kissing some seem to be doing for Wally, his team sure looked great the other night didn't it....?

....Oh wait a minute....

Don't worry about that game it's still early, check back in at the end of the season.  in 23 years as a coach/GM Wally's teams have won 13 West Div. Championships and 5 Grey Cups while appearing in an additional 4 Cup games.  If he would have accomplished half of that for the Bombers people would be lined up from here to Brandon to kiss his ass.

Of course it's early. BC will still likely finish third place in the division (hard to see them higher than that assuming Calgary and Saskatchewan stay relatively healthy). That being said it's been pretty apparent BC has been on a slow but steady decline since winning the Grey Cup in 2011 and it appears so far that will continue. Trading the fifth overall pick for Kevin Glenn on paper isn't a particularly good trade either but I understand why it had to be done or else the Lions would obviously be a joke this year. Wally hasn't done much in the last few years in terms of getting out of this slide.

From Lowell Ullrich today:

There was no gloating. There was also no interest.

It was nonetheless a tad amusing to learn a certain Korey Banks called the Lions Sunday to see whether there was any interest in his services, as it appears what was once viewed as a one-sided trade in the off-season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers may eventually have to be scored in a different manner.

It’s never a terribly prudent way to operate in the absence of all the facts, but it would seem as if the former Lions defensive back could be on the way out with the Bombers if they don’t soon find a willing trade partner.

Word out of Winnipeg last week was that there were several coaches who didn’t want to keep him after training camp. He officially was placed on the one-game injured list.

He hadn’t been traded or suspended as of this writing, but it may not take much to conclude he’s not considered a part of the puzzle in Winnipeg, and really, why would the Bombers change anything after their impressive start over David Braley’s other team last week.

It brings back to mind the reasons why Banks is no longer playing with the Lions, and as Wally Buono reminded a questioner Sunday it’s not always what you think. To recap, Banks wanted an advance of his contract, as had become custom. The Lions didn’t give it to him. They also didn’t think he was worthy of a raise and dealt him to Winnipeg when Banks thought otherwise.

Buono said Sunday he would have worked out the money if he thought Banks would help, but he didn’t and apparently another team feels the same way. The real upside, as the Lions see things, is that they received in exchange a receiver in Kito Poblah who can play two positions in their offence, and got considerably younger at Banks’ last spot in the defence in Josh Johnson.

Poblah hasn’t been spectacular but he has been steady, showing supreme athleticism against Edmonton to make one of his two catches. The Bombers, meantime, are still auditioning; they signed import Romby Bryant today.

Banks could still resurface in Winnipeg or somewhere else around the league to make a contribution. There’s certainly a storyline waiting to happen in Ottawa, where he began his CFL career. But you have to admit, the guy running the Lions isn’t wrong often when it comes to cutting loose a player whose best-before date is approaching.

For all the ass kissing some seem to be doing for Wally, his team sure looked great the other night didn't it....?

....Oh wait a minute....

Don't worry about that game it's still early, check back in at the end of the season. in 23 years as a coach/GM Wally's teams have won 13 West Div. Championships and 5 Grey Cups while appearing in an additional 4 Cup games. If he would have accomplished half of that for the Bombers people would be lined up from here to Brandon to kiss his ass.

The guy is was good but he still made mistakes.

Also lots of benefits with Flutie, Dickenson and Garcia...

Wally superstar Buono has resorted to Joey Elliott, Buck Pierce And now Beck and Partridge... Had Ottawa stuck with Glenn people would be saying Buono is gone-o..

....Oh wait a minute....

Don't worry about that game it's still early, check back in at the end of the season. in 23 years as a coach/GM Wally's teams have won 13 West Div. Championships and 5 Grey Cups while appearing in an additional 4 Cup games. If he would have accomplished half of that for the Bombers people would be lined up from here to Brandon to kiss his ass.

The guy is was good but he still made mistakes.

Also lots of benefits with Flutie, Dickenson and Garcia...

Wally superstar Buono has resorted to Joey Elliott, Buck Pierce And now Beck and Partridge... Had Ottawa stuck with Glenn people would be saying Buono is gone-o..

So you're seriously going to blame Buono for Lulay's injury?

What a way to possibly end his career.

If he never comes back, I hope there's someway to get that signing bonus back.

He did nothing to breach his contract so why would should Banks be forced to give his signing bonus back? 

The original reports that he went home on his own would have been a breach of his contract. That's why I thought that. Apparently that's not what happened though.

Sounds like they also paid for him to fly home to Atlanta. Have fun watching the Braves all summer Korey.

Farhan Lalji ✔ @FarhanLaljiTSN

#Bombers re suspending Banks will be temporary. Theyve already paid for him to fly home to Atl. Wouldnt want him to play against them w/ Ott

not saying i disagree but.. lalji and tsn jumped the gun yesterday by saying he was released so i'm not sure i'd really take what this guy says seriously at the moment. They had an article on their main site yesterday saying banks was released, IMO, they lost a bit of credibility with that, i like farhan, i do but i think a bit of his credibility has been lost. If he's on the suspended list, i dunno, might mean that he did indeed fly home on his own, doubt they could put him on there if they told him to go home. I don't really know how that works though.

I'm waiting for the Madani tweets on this....

"POW!" Korey Banks suspended by Bombers #Waltersterriblegm

"BANG!" Banks on plane home to Atlanta #Majorbombermistake

"KERPLAW!!" Poblah given away as freebie to Lions due to bumbling Bomber management #whatwaskylethinking

@arashmadani: Boom goes the dynamite!: Korey Banks just went to the bathroom.

Look at it this way.  When Walters signed Banks nobody in their wildest dreams would have predicted that the Bomber defence was going to look this good and that Banks would end up as the odd man out.  Nobody, especially Walters and Banks.

Insurance costs money...whether you need it or not.

And actually in the long run they will end up saving money...by not having to pay his full salary for 18 games.

Look at it this way. When Walters signed Banks nobody in their wildest dreams would have predicted that the Bomber defence was going to look this good and that Banks would end up as the odd man out. Nobody, especially Walters and Banks.

Insurance costs money...whether you need it or not.

And actually in the long run they will end up saving money...by not having to pay his full salary for 18 games.

But you're paying another guy to take his spot, likely a cheaper import. So it evens out in the end.