Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

Banks had very limited reps in the 2 pre-season games and, frankly, looked like he had lost a step or two during training camp. You knew O'Shea was not happy when Banks took a day off during TC. I was expecting Bombers to release him at final TC cuts. Guess they decided to see if they could get something for their investment while keeping him on ice on the IR, but then word leaked out that they were shopping him and so now he is gone. It's good that it is being spun that Banks asked for his release, it makes him still somewhat marketable. Won't be surprised if Ottawa signs him tomorrow, so they can get a grip on Etch's invisible playbook. Does this mean the person who won the signed #24 Banks jersey at a recent fundraiser I attended now has a collectors item? 

I really doubt that is spin, because if anything that makes him less marketable.  Doesn't mean someone wouldn't sign him, but hugely diminishes the "bring him in as a veteran leader" idea anyone might have, basically spins him as a malcontent if that's spin.  Puts him down to what he can do on the field, and that probably makes it less likely he finds a better opportunity than the one he's running from.

And here we go with the GM competency posts and a swipe at the HC too.

And earlier than normal….triple bonus!

Geez, I forgot about the lying…the constant lying.

Think of where we'd be without the lying.

Did I miss anything?

Frankly, i think it speaks to the ability of walters to bring in talent that pushed banks out the door... Very competent.. Brought in banks as insurance and insurance can be pricey...

But now he and his bigger contract are gone minus his signing bonus... The cost of business and covering your ass...

**** happens but definitely not some kind of embarrassing gaffe worth ridicule... and insinuating o'shea is somehow a negative on this because he made the call.. Did you see our secondary last game, nuff said..

are you dizzy from all that spinning? You can point out a guys mistakes and still like what he's doing overall. 

There is no spinning anything, jesus. The guy asked for his release cuz he isn't a starter. Thats not spinning anything, thats a fact. fact: he got beat out for his job by a younger better johnny sears, ill take sears over banks any day. Fact: in the off season when he thought he was going to be handed the starters job he was rah rah rah. Fact: he hasn't been rah rah rah recently. Fact is.. banks asked for his release cuz he isn't starting. Thats not spinning anything. The only spinning going on here is from you  guys who think it's got nothing to do with all that stuff mentioned above. MOVE ON. Another fact: banks was actually never the starter for us, he might have been in pre-season but... that is irrelevant. Never was named a starter, just assumed he was going to be and with the way he played in the pre-season, im surprised he wasn't cut cuz he sucked.

Banks had very limited reps in the 2 pre-season games and, frankly, looked like he had lost a step or two during training camp. You knew O'Shea was not happy when Banks took a day off during TC. I was expecting Bombers to release him at final TC cuts. Guess they decided to see if they could get something for their investment while keeping him on ice on the IR, but then word leaked out that they were shopping him and so now he is gone. It's good that it is being spun that Banks asked for his release, it makes him still somewhat marketable. Won't be surprised if Ottawa signs him tomorrow, so they can get a grip on Etch's invisible playbook. Does this mean the person who won the signed #24 Banks jersey at a recent fundraiser I attended now has a collectors item? 

I really doubt that is spin, because if anything that makes him less marketable.  Doesn't mean someone wouldn't sign him, but hugely diminishes the "bring him in as a veteran leader" idea anyone might have, basically spins him as a malcontent if that's spin.  Puts him down to what he can do on the field, and that probably makes it less likely he finds a better opportunity than the one he's running from.

Misunderstood what transpired today. I thought his request for release had been granted by the club. But after watching O'Shea news conference, Banks has obviously not been released - yet. Guess they want to see if they can get a bag of footballs or something for him. Yes, JBR you are correct, Banks's demands makes him look selfish and therefore less attractive to another club. He's as good as gone from here, but as others have said, wouldn't be surprised when we do cut him loose that another team adds him.

There is no spinning anything, jesus. The guy asked for his release cuz he isn't a starter. Thats not spinning anything, thats a fact. fact: he got beat out for his job by a younger better johnny sears, ill take sears over banks any day. Fact: in the off season when he thought he was going to be handed the starters job he was rah rah rah. Fact: he hasn't been rah rah rah recently. Fact is.. banks asked for his release cuz he isn't starting. Thats not spinning anything. The only spinning going on here is from you  guys who think it's got nothing to do with all that stuff mentioned above. MOVE ON. Another fact: banks was actually never the starter for us, he might have been in pre-season but... that is irrelevant. Never was named a starter, just assumed he was going to be and with the way he played in the pre-season, im surprised he wasn't cut cuz he sucked.

except we're not talking about what Banks did, we're talking about our GM giving up an asset and then paying a decent signing bonus to lock this guy up only for him to never play a snap for the team. That's just a poor move from a GM and there's no two ways about it. 

except we're not talking about what Banks did, we're talking about our GM giving up an asset and then paying a decent signing bonus to lock this guy up only for him to never play a snap for the team. That's just a poor move from a GM and there's no two ways about it. 

You pays yer money and ya takes yer chances. I'll give Walters a mulligan.

There is no spinning anything, jesus. The guy asked for his release cuz he isn't a starter. Thats not spinning anything, thats a fact. fact: he got beat out for his job by a younger better johnny sears, ill take sears over banks any day. Fact: in the off season when he thought he was going to be handed the starters job he was rah rah rah. Fact: he hasn't been rah rah rah recently. Fact is.. banks asked for his release cuz he isn't starting. Thats not spinning anything. The only spinning going on here is from you guys who think it's got nothing to do with all that stuff mentioned above. MOVE ON. Another fact: banks was actually never the starter for us, he might have been in pre-season but... that is irrelevant. Never was named a starter, just assumed he was going to be and with the way he played in the pre-season, im surprised he wasn't cut cuz he sucked.

It's impossible for Walters to predict Banks would act like a complete selfish person when asked to be a backup. Cut your losses and move on. Good riddance Banks.

ahh i see, any reason to crap on management.. makes sense. 

Why is there an article on the tsn site saying he was released when he hasn't been yet? 

they should keep him on the IR one more game then release him after we play the redblacks. 

Why is there an article on the tsn site saying he was released when he hasn't been yet? 

I posted a comment on that very point more than 4 hours ago, and they must have "lost" the posting as it still hasn't shown up.

So now I posted a question as to where my comment went.

I guess they don't want to show it.

I posted a comment on that very point more than 4 hours ago, and they must have "lost" the posting as it still hasn't shown up.

So now I posted a question as to where my comment went.

I guess they don't want to show it.

TSN has lost some credibility there. 

Look at it this way.  When Walters signed Banks nobody in their wildest dreams would have predicted that the Bomber defence was going to look this good and that Banks would end up as the odd man out.  Nobody, especially Walters and Banks.

Insurance costs money...whether you need it or not.

Lol at TBurgess & 17.. Really a black eye for releasing a guy who didn't perform?

So is popp a evil man for letting go of Richardson?

Is Taman a buffoon for dumping Etienne after trading away superstar Willy?

Every gm makes a move or trade that doesn't work.

One miss and multiple hits ... I'll take that any day

Every gm makes a move or trade that doesn't work.

One miss and multiple hits ... I'll take that any day

hmm I'm concerned that Walters is one of those guys who makes trades too quickly without really knowing what he's getting. Foster was a pretty useless acquisition for this team too. Yeah he's trading players he doesn't want to keep, but is he really getting full value? I like the guy overall and I think there are some things he does do well, but we can talk about things he might not do well without pretending that his **** doesn't stink. 

This move was a horrendous one, that's just facts. I expect my GM to know what kind of player they're getting back. Kudos to them for not sticking with the mistake, but mistakes are still mistakes. 

Horrendous lol that is a massive over reaction.

A horrendous move is Jyles for Ray.

Or dropping six figures on Kelly Lapo and Burke for them to sit at home.

It's a move that didn't pan out big whoop.

Every team does this. Name one current gm who has never cut a vet they signed or traded for???

Every team has done this. We paid Max Hall and Goltz decent money last year to take a dump in the field...

Austin signed Collaros for big money and for him to throw for Goltz like yards and to take ten sacks? Colossal failure.

Buono traded for completely done Buck Pierce only for him to retire. Buono massive failure....

Korey Banks was a move that simply didn't pan out. This happens all of the time and it only cost us a bit of cash.

Every team does this. Name one current gm who has never cut a vet they signed or traded for???

Every team has done this. We paid Max Hall and Goltz decent money last year to take a dump in the field...

Austin signed Collaros for big money and for him to throw for Goltz like yards and to take ten sacks? Colossal failure.

Buono traded for completely done Buck Pierce only for him to retire. Buono massive failure....

Korey Banks was a move that simply didn't pan out. This happens all of the time and it only cost us a bit of cash.

I think you're missing some insight into the game if you don't understand why Wally acquired Buck Pierce, he was a temporary fix.  I'd bet that Wally was also the first one that advised Buck to retire. 

So much Buono love...can we just get rid of this crappy meme that Buono can't be questioned?

There's no doubt that he's one of the greatest coaches of all-time, perhaps even the best, and his track record of evaluating talent is superb.  Still, everybody makes mistakes, Buono included.  His team has their own set of flaws to deal with just like any other team.

So much Buono love...can we just get rid of this crappy meme that Buono can't be questioned?

There's no doubt that he's one of the greatest coaches of all-time, perhaps even the best, and his track record of evaluating talent is superb.  Still, everybody makes mistakes, Buono included.  His team has their own set of flaws to deal with just like any other team.

Agree. BC has no depth on their OL and that's on Buono

Agreed. I'd rather have a GM like Kyle Walters that's proactive than a guy like Joe Mack who sat on his ass who couldn't sign his own free agents, refused to sign other CFL free agents & went off the board on draft day for guys like Pencer, Etienne & Poblah. In other words, a GM who took up wasted space himself in the Bomber offices, did nothing to improve the team but still loved to cash his paycheques every 2 weeks. So, the Banks signing didn't work out. It's going to happen. Give the man credit for at least trying to shake things up & change the losing culture of the organization.