QB - Could Hall get cut?

Brandon

Well I admit I was wrong. I didn't think they'd cut their most experienced QB.

Most experienced at losing QB. Clearly the staff was under-whelmed by Hall, and so was I. If Willy goes down, we are dead in the water this year, but pretty much everyone in the CFL other than Calgary has this problem with their starter. How screwed is Ottawa if Burris goes down? Edmonton if Reilly goes down? Even Saskatchewan if Durant goes down? I think it was a case of keeping a guy like Brohm who has shown potential upside vs a guy who only shows mediocrity.

Don't forget Hall was as brittle as Pierce so really no need to keep the guy.

I think Brohm and Marve will be able to do more then guys like Goltz, Boltus and Brink did with us over the last few years.

Good luck to Hall I assume he goes back to coaching.

Most experienced yes. But maybe the coaching staff doesn't give too much weight on his experience as a 1-8 starting QB.

Wonder if hall throwing the oline under the bus after the last game and saying " if that block was made, it was a td" and "i thought i played well" had anything to do with it? That is probably not something you want your qb or leader to say, leaders don't throw team mates under the bus like that and hall most certainly did. 

Most experienced yes. But maybe the coaching staff doesn't give too much weight on his experience as a 1-8 starting QB.

Wonder if hall throwing the oline under the bus after the last game and saying " if that block was made, it was a td" and "i thought i played well" had anything to do with it? That is probably not something you want your qb or leader to say, leaders don't throw team mates under the bus like that and hall most certainly did. 

I think it contributed.

One thing to consider in all of this is the psychology of the decision making process and how a coach or scout's ego comes into play when choosing which players get cut.  Ie. McManus supporting Brohm over Hall.  If there is a competition between two players a coach is almost always going to go with "their guy"  so that he is associated with the success that player achieves and is thus validated as a "wise judge of talent".   For other coach's to override and choose Hall over Brohm would have reflected poorly on McManus's judgement and nobody has big enough balls to do that.  Unfortunately for Max, Joe Mack's opinion was not sought.

A good example of this is Marcel Bellefeuille sticking with Aaron Kelly.  Just thankful he was willing to give up on Boltus eventually.

One thing to consider in all of this is the psychology of the decision making process and how a coach or scout's ego comes into play when choosing which players get cut.  Ie. McManus supporting Brohm over Hall.  If there is a competition between two players a coach is almost always going to go with "their guy"  so that he is associated with the success that player achieves and is thus validated as a "wise judge of talent".   For other coach's to override and choose Hall over Brohm would have reflected poorly on McManus's judgement and nobody has big enough balls to do that.  Unfortunately for Max, Joe Mack's opinion was not sought.

A good example of this is Marcel Bellefeuille sticking with Aaron Kelly.  Just thankful he was willing to give up on Boltus eventually.

Or.....  they kept these players because they performed better.......

One thing to consider in all of this is the psychology of the decision making process and how a coach or scout's ego comes into play when choosing which players get cut. Ie. McManus supporting Brohm over Hall. If there is a competition between two players a coach is almost always going to go with "their guy" so that he is associated with the success that player achieves and is thus validated as a "wise judge of talent". For other coach's to override and choose Hall over Brohm would have reflected poorly on McManus's judgement and nobody has big enough balls to do that. Unfortunately for Max, Joe Mack's opinion was not sought.

A good example of this is Marcel Bellefeuille sticking with Aaron Kelly. Just thankful he was willing to give up on Boltus eventually.

Or..... they kept these players because they performed better.......

Wait wait wait... Hold on... They can actually DO that?! Wonders will never cease...

And ill say that while max did get into a lot of games last season and developed some experience (negative as it was..) Its not like willy and brohm are wide eyed, wet behind the ears cfl rookies..

One thing to consider in all of this is the psychology of the decision making process and how a coach or scout's ego comes into play when choosing which players get cut. Ie. McManus supporting Brohm over Hall. If there is a competition between two players a coach is almost always going to go with "their guy" so that he is associated with the success that player achieves and is thus validated as a "wise judge of talent". For other coach's to override and choose Hall over Brohm would have reflected poorly on McManus's judgement and nobody has big enough balls to do that. Unfortunately for Max, Joe Mack's opinion was not sought.

A good example of this is Marcel Bellefeuille sticking with Aaron Kelly. Just thankful he was willing to give up on Boltus eventually.

Wait wait wait... Hold on... They can actually DO that?! Wonders will never cease...

And ill say that while max did get into a lot of games last season and developed some experience (negative as it was..) Its not like willy and brohm are wide eyed, wet behind the ears cfl rookies..

Both Brohm and Marve are wide eyed, wet behind the ears CFL rookies.  Neither has played a down.

Both Brohm and Marve are wide eyed, wet behind the ears CFL rookies. Neither has played a down.

I know marve is, this why i didnt mention him but brohm sat "injured" with hamilton for a full season so hes familiar with concepts, how the game is played and differs from NFL.. hell, he probably ran the second team offense in practice i would think... So, no.. Not wet behind the ears cfl rook even if he hasnt played a snap of real game action.. Did he get into preseason last season?

If willy gets hurt, i don't think i'd feel too comfortable with Brohm starting, On the flip side, i wouldn't have felt too comfortable with hall starting either so really, It's a wash. Yeah Hall had experience but like KBF said, it was losing experience, 1-8 as a starter doesn't exactly make me jump up and down and go oh boy we got a chance now, Cuz reality is, we probably wouldn't. Hall is gone, won't get picked up. LOL @ tsn comments section, Anybody ever read those comments? people are positive hall will be picked up and starting in the league eventually. I wish i had an account there so i could ask them WHERE. 

If willy gets hurt, i don't think i'd feel too comfortable with Brohm starting, On the flip side, i wouldn't have felt too comfortable with hall starting either so really, It's a wash. Yeah Hall had experience but like KBF said, it was losing experience, 1-8 as a starter doesn't exactly make me jump up and down and go oh boy we got a chance now, Cuz reality is, we probably wouldn't. Hall is gone, won't get picked up. LOL @ tsn comments section, Anybody ever read those comments? people are positive hall will be picked up and starting in the league eventually. I wish i had an account there so i could ask them WHERE. 

if we're holding last years record against players then we should have had a LOT more new faces this year than we do.