QB - Could Hall get cut?

Brandon

Hard to say. Hall came into the game looking poised and had a couple let downs from his receivers. It really sucks that he didn't recover from that though.

Are you sure it wasn't Brohm he had two drops?

I also wasn't a fan of the play selection in the 2nd half... It was all bombs away

Don't see Hall losing the #2 gig.  He's pretty much entrenched.  Last night was a stinker, but he's shown himself on a worse team to be steady over a number of games.

Marve's TC ceiling is the #3 gig I think.  Brohm should definitely be playing for his job going forward.  He's in tough against a very good looking prospect in Marve, who has the upper hand.  Doubt we'd drop him entirely, but PR or 9-gamer is a definite possibility if he doesn't pick it up.

Honestly, this kind of competition from our QB "prospects" is the best development of TC.  Neither guy is going to start as the #1 guy in Winnipeg, but it shows the team that no matter your pedigree, competition will be brought in, and you will be required to stay ahead of the curve to win your job.

Yeah, the first couple of series I thought Hall looked good but his receivers had the dropsies then it just went down from there. Then there were some underthrows & even an overthrow. The timing & reads on the routes were messed up a little. But it just got worse from there. Brohm looked confused at times. Both qbs had to contend with awful line play. Marve could evade the rush & used his legs & he can motor, wow.

Not to excuse Hall's performance entirely, but he deserves a chance with an oline which allows him enough time to make plays. Brohm had the same oline and the same results, but Brohm has the excuse of being new in town. Marve looks like a keeper but anyone can look good in garbage time for a few minutes. I do not expect O'Shea to show any mercy based on last year, so Hall should not think himself safe.

Yeah, the first couple of series I thought Hall looked good but his receivers had the dropsies then it just went down from there. Then there were some underthrows & even an overthrow. The timing & reads on the routes were messed up a little. But it just got worse from there. Brohm looked confused at times. Both qbs had to contend with awful line play. Marve could evade the rush & used his legs & he can motor, wow.

And the Jaymar Johnson go-out-of-bounds-2-yards-before-the-first-down debacle.

i dont think hall gets cut, not right now at least, however if he stinks it up in calgary, he might.

Hall looked very similar to last season, the one sack he took, he should have thrown the ball away, that was totally on hall, sure the oline didn't play that well for him but it didn't play that well for marve either and marve managed to move the ball. 

not saying marve is now the backup because that's ridiculous, he's the developmental 3rd string diver right now but... you never know.

when hall got in, the offence started to suck. looked eerily similar to last season with hall at the controls.

I think the #2 job is between hall and brohm, loser gets cut and right now... honestly, it's too close to call.

They both didn't look very good at all

Willy looked good, Marve looked good. The other 2 were just meh really. Not sure hall has the arm for the CFL. 

That's why I said IF Hall stinks it up while the others play good....

well to me Brohm looked pretty awful out there, throwing the ball in to traffic, not setting himself up to throw properly, not even sure he made the right reads, i think for the most part, hall did make the right reads, just either surprisingly over threw a couple guys or under threw a couple guys also.

I think Brohm would have to be lights out in calgary and hall would have to really suck for hall not to be #2.

I think Marve has shown in limited reps (he looked good in florida and training camp) that he has the tools to at least be a 3rd to start the year, he could move up to #2 but marve starts the year as 3rd for sure.