QB - Could Hall get cut?

Brandon

just saying but on the wikipedia page for the 2015 cfl draft, it said the bombers traded a conditional pick to hamilton for brohm, not a 4th rounder.

if Brohm doesn't make the team, they probably don't give up anything.

It's a 4th rounder, going up to a 2nd rounder depending on playing time this season. I said 4th rounder because I don't see Brohm playing enough to change that.

just saying but on the wikipedia page for the 2015 cfl draft, it said the bombers traded a conditional pick to hamilton for brohm, not a 4th rounder.

That's a horse of a different colour then. Brohm should expect his release barring some kind of quarterbacking masterpiece in his quarter on Saturday.

We can find someone else to PR if need be.

Bombers gave up a 4th round draft pick for Brohm, so I figure they will find a way to keep him...maybe stash him on the 9 game IR.

Its conditional right?  I mean I sure hope we didn't trade a 4th straight up... so many average backups out there...

It's a 4th rounder, going up to a 2nd rounder depending on playing time this season. I said 4th rounder because I don't see Brohm playing enough to change that.

Scrap my last post. Lol

Wow.  Walters overpaid for a lot of guys this winter...  guess that's the Mack fall out - I hope.

Yeah, the first couple of series I thought Hall looked good but his receivers had the dropsies then it just went down from there. Then there were some underthrows & even an overthrow. The timing & reads on the routes were messed up a little. But it just got worse from there. Brohm looked confused at times. Both qbs had to contend with awful line play. Marve could evade the rush & used his legs & he can motor, wow.

And the Jaymar Johnson go-out-of-bounds-2-yards-before-the-first-down debacle.

I his defense, he was off-balance and tried to tip-toe as far down the line as possible but he lost his balance too early.... assuming we're thinking of the same play...

The one thing i will say in Brohms defense, he didn't play at all last year, was on the IR all year for hamilton, hall did play last season.

In my honest opinion, i didn't see much of a difference between hall and brohm. I'm not sure what that says about hall actually considering brohm didn't play at all last season.

I don't see Hall being cut anytime soon, he's kind of the prototypical back-up QB and due to his experience here, it gives him the edge over Brohm and Marve.

Brohm is the one who should be on the bubble, although IMO he has more potential than Hall.

Marve, that kid has potential written all over him, so one would think the bombers brass see him as the team's development QB.

Marve is safe at this point. Being the #4 going in, the expectation on him is the least but exceeded that  with his performance last night.

Brohm, will get the benefit of being a McManus guy, from his time with the Cats to here. And considering that we burn a 2015 4th rounder on him he will not go anywhere.

Hall might remain #2 for now but as soon as Marve and Brohm gain some CFL experience. His job security will slowly disappear.

i don't think trading a conditional pick for brohm means anything. if the guy sucks, you  get rid of him.

who cares if they traded a 4th round conditional pick. It's irrelevant really. You take the 3 best guys and right now.. the 2 best were willy and marve. 

If you are keeping brohm around cuz you traded a later round draft pick for him, you got problems.

i don't think trading a conditional pick for brohm means anything. if the guy sucks, you  get rid of him.

who cares if they traded a 4th round conditional pick. It's irrelevant really. You take the 3 best guys and right now.. the 2 best were willy and marve. 

If you are keeping brohm around cuz you traded a later round draft pick for him, you got problems.

Besides the conditional pick (which is not irrelelveant imo since the draft pool is deeper)...

I think he got the short stick last night playing behind an OL with Pencer and Stevenson on the right side and a communication problem with his helmet.

Plus, if his TD counted, I believe there will be no conversation on whos better between Hall and Brohm.

I thought Brohm wasn't great and also wasn't sure why they kept bombing it down the field.

He at least made two good plays one when he had not even a second and dunked it off to volny and the other the TD pass which was called back.

With Hall he showed nothing at all aside a weak arm and getting sacked when he had 5 seconds to throw the ball.

Marve was sensational!

the bombs down the field, i'd suggest it had something to do with the way toronto was playing D, or.. they were wanting to see what they had in the receivers, it's evaluation time, can't really over analyse the play calling in a pre-season game. It could be as simple as just trying to see what receivers were hustling and who wasn't. Basically, who wants it and who doesn't.

Yeah, the first couple of series I thought Hall looked good but his receivers had the dropsies then it just went down from there. Then there were some underthrows & even an overthrow. The timing & reads on the routes were messed up a little. But it just got worse from there. Brohm looked confused at times. Both qbs had to contend with awful line play. Marve could evade the rush & used his legs & he can motor, wow.

And the Jaymar Johnson go-out-of-bounds-2-yards-before-the-first-down debacle.

Yeah, I went What???

the bombs down the field, i'd suggest it had something to do with the way toronto was playing D, or.. they were wanting to see what they had in the receivers, it's evaluation time, can't really over analyse the play calling in a pre-season game. It could be as simple as just trying to see what receivers were hustling and who wasn't. Basically, who wants it and who doesn't.

Toronto was playing a bunch of Press-Man.  The correct read in this coverage is to go deep and let your receiver make the play in 1-on-1 coverage in open field.

Does Hall really have enough experience that it's an asset?

To me the weak arm, slow decision making, lack of mobility and the whole offense stalling with him outways any experience.

Well I assume the club wants insurance in case Willy goes down.

I don't think there really is anyone they could bring in?

Hall is a solid, reliable guy who can conduct business in a morose, mediocre way but he's sturdy and likes playing here. Don't have a problem giving him the headset and the sideline signal responsibilities. Good 3rd guy to have on a team although he might be a tad expensive. Willy and Marve would be a good 1-2 punch but to satisfy Max's ego the staff could designate him the #2 guy (for the time being)

Besides the conditional pick (which is not irrelelveant imo since the draft pool is deeper)...

I think he got the short stick last night playing behind an OL with Pencer and Stevenson on the right side and a communication problem with his helmet.

Plus, if his TD counted, I believe there will be no conversation on whos better between Hall and Brohm.

Not only that but he threw to passes two Jaymar Johnson in a row and Johnson dropped both of them right in his hands....two and out! I'm not saying he was great or anything...but give some credit where credit is due.

This thing about Marve being number two now behind Willy? C'mon.... The kid played great & showed great potential. But it was one series against the Argos backups. Remember the love for Goltz when he was #3? How did that turn out? The guy turned out to be nothing more than a POS qb. I'll use a Bob Irving phrase, "One series does not a career make". 

This thing about Marve being number two now behind Willy? C'mon.... The kid played great & showed great potential. But it was one series against the Argos backups. Remember the love for Goltz when he was #3? How did that turn out? The guy turned out to be nothing more than a POS qb. I'll use a Bob Irving phrase, "One series does not a career make". 

Thats right, let Hall be the #2 on the depth chart but in reality Marve is the comer