QB - Could Hall get cut?

Brandon

This thing about Marve being number two now behind Willy? C'mon.... The kid played great & showed great potential. But it was one series against the Argos backups. Remember the love for Goltz when he was #3? How did that turn out? The guy turned out to be nothing more than a POS qb. I'll use a Bob Irving phrase, "One series does not a career make". 

but a few pretty bad series and it could be career over. 

Hall is what he is, hopefully willy stays healthy and we dont have to worry about who the backup is.

Not that they will cut him but I saw January get beat at least three times last night.  Twice he never even got a hand on the guy.  Wasn't playing well at all.

As far as I could tell, nobody on the O-line last night played well enough to be guaranteed a spot. Yes, January got beaten badly, and so did anyone playing right tackle. We're gonna have to suffer through this sort of thing, folks and our QB's will pay for it if they can't roll away from the pressure.

Yeah, the first couple of series I thought Hall looked good but his receivers had the dropsies then it just went down from there. Then there were some underthrows & even an overthrow. The timing & reads on the routes were messed up a little. But it just got worse from there. Brohm looked confused at times. Both qbs had to contend with awful line play. Marve could evade the rush & used his legs & he can motor, wow.

And the Jaymar Johnson go-out-of-bounds-2-yards-before-the-first-down debacle.

I his defense, he was off-balance and tried to tip-toe as far down the line as possible but he lost his balance too early.... assuming we're thinking of the same play...

he was off balance cause he had his head up his ass and didn't know where he was on the field. He suddenly realized he was close to the side line and tripped himself up trying not to run straight out of bounds. Just terrible awareness of the field. 

Hall will be the number two coming out of camp and Marve will be number 3. But, I'm willing to bet that if something happened to Willy and he was out for an extended period of time Marve would end up the starter and not Hall.

This is exactly what I was thinking.... if Willy tweaks something and needs to sit the 2nd half, it'll be Hall... but if Willy suffers a serious injury and is out for the season (let's just hope this doesn't happen  ;) ) they may go to Marve.... assuming he keeps up his play from Monday night...

Hall was better than some of you are thinking. The offense bogged down but I don't think it was all on him. Only qb that left me with the impression that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing out there was Brohm. 

other than one or 2 passes, a very Jason Boltus like performance/  

Hall was better than some of you are thinking. The offense bogged down but I don't think it was all on him. Only qb that left me with the impression that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing out there was Brohm. 

Hall has been the 2nd best QB all camp, so until someone is consistently better than him he's not going anywhere.  Why would we get rid of him?  His massive contract?  His poor attitude?  2013 was his first year in the CFL.  He will continue to learn as long as we let him.

Brohm on the other hand has also spent a year in the CFL and doesn't show any better than Marve, who has spent 2 weeks here.  I won't be surprised if the Bombers start the year with Marve on the PR while he continues to learn the CFL game, but bumping him up to #3 and bringing a different prospect in for that PR spot might be the best option.  If Marve does some good things against Calgary he may do enough to earn OShea's trust.

The way of the CFL is almost every team carries 4 QBs now and no team has needed 4 QBs as badly as the Bombers in the last few years.  If anyone gets the axe it won't be just because we wanted to get down to 3 guys; it will be because they were evaluated as not good enough.  Brohm costing us a 4th rounder means nothing.  It will not grant him any additional job security.  He has to show that he can make positive contributions to this team if he's kept around.

i watched it again, and to me, it seemed hall made the right reads,got rid of the ball quickly, held on to it too long on one play and took a sack when he should have thrown it away, the oline gave him plenty of time on that one too, oline wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. I just think teams are well aware (even in pre-season) that hall is not very mobile at all, dude doesn't run, so it looked to me like at times, toronto was sending lots of guys when hall was in.

Hall was the victim of a couple of bad drops, was the victim of a couple give ups by tarver, did over throw him once though and did under throw the ball a couple of times too, we are all aware of halls lack of arm strength, however, if you watch it again... hall wasn't that bad. He wasn't great but... he wasn't awful either. 

I'm still under the impression that if hall was working with denmark kohlert moore etc, that he probably would have had better numbers and looked a lot better than he did.

hall did have lots of 2 and outs but again, it goes  back to the drops, jaymar johnson there on the sidelines, easily would have been a first down if he stayed in bounds.

Quite a few drops there when hall was in though for sure.

I just want a QB that can make plays with his feet. I'm tired of having statues out there that just drop back, hold the ball a second too long, and get murdered. Buck in 2010 when he was healthy was a treat to watch, especially when he'd take off and get us 20 - 30 yards on a run. I could watch that 2010 opening game win over Hamilton over and over again.