Game Day Thread

Noeller

When Noel Devine gets yardage from anything other than a sweep or an outside pitch, then I will be concerned. He's hardly slippery, he's just speedy.

Not to mention that as the game wore on those sweeps became much less effective as the bombers knew it was coming and made sure guys were in position to stop it. Thinking that Montreals offense being new caught them napping a bit early on but as the game went along the bombers D started sniffing those out.

As with any back-to-back game, I'll be very curious to see the adjustments each team makes for tonight's game. But Pierce needs to play good for the Bombers to have a chance tonight. That appears to be the one position holding this team back right now and the whole offence suffered last week because of poor QB play.

I think I've made this point before, but I wouldn't blast Crowton too much yet. I want to see his offence with a different qb. I don't know if anybody else sat up high last week and saw the same thing, but I swear there were receivers running open. We've had a lot of different offensive minds here the last few years and the variable that hasn't changed is Buck.

So what do we have to do?

1.  Do something early.....grab some MO, and keep our running game in play

2.  Hit Whitaker.....and keep hitting AC....at every opportunity

3.  Handle the Blitz better....make the Als pay.

4.  Make them beat us.....cut down on bad turnovers and key penalties

5.  Have Goltz take the lead...... at the coin toss staredown.

You can win a Grey Cup with this defense.  The issue is always going to be our offense.  We would've wiped the floor with Montreal had we put up points or even moved the ball more consistently.  If the offense doesn't improve then we'll always be playing below our true potential.  Hopefully they figure it out.

We so deserved that win... but holy jeeze i had a lot of heart burn watching that game.   How in the world did they fumble the ball so much?  

I will take away from this game that the defense truly do have a chance at being at the top of the league.    I also will take away that Buck Pierce can not throw a bullet...

Great defense.  Playing with tremendous energy, Calvillo actually got his eyes downfield only on a handful of snaps.  So much for the big strike offence.  Looks like they need to search the offices for any pages that fell out of Trestman's playbook with plays in it that protect the QB and get the ball out of his hands quickly. 

Our offence is brutal.  Best drive of Pierce's Bomber career on the 105 yarder.  Other than that, not a whole lot of positives.  Our run game is poorly designed and disguised.  It is rare that our back gets the ball with their momentum going north-south.  The blitz was handled a little better than last week, but not much better.  Matthews needs to catch the ball.  No idea what Crowton/Buck were thinking on most of the pass plays in the last 4 or so minutes of the game.  It was a miracle that Montreal did not pick one off.

Need to work on basics.  Carrying the ball, start there :unsure:

Calvillo actually got his eyes downfield only on a handful of snaps.  So much for the big strike offence.  Looks like they need to search the offices for any pages that fell out of Trestman's playbook with plays in it that protect the QB and get the ball out of his hands quickly. 

If they don't, he just might retire. He's 41 years old and might get killed out there if this keeps up...

O was pretty good in the first half, but negated to some extent by turnovers.....as the game wore down....we got more of this playing not to lose on O, featuring poor decisions and throws by Pierce, poor blitz pickup, and the ever incredibly shrinking playbook...... 

We are simply not going to hold everybody to 11 points a game.....really have to pick it up on the offensive side of the ball.   As far as these turnovers.....Bombers have to go home and take some footballs....and shove them right up their keisters...leaving them there, till morning...... 

From TSN:

After the game, Bombers defensive lineman Bryant Turner was being taken into the dressing room on a stretcher wearing an oxygen mask. The team did not provide an update on his status.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=426970

Any updates on the post-game show?

Edit: Apparently they took him to hospital as a precaution and he should be okay.