Collaros to wait for free agency?

Mr. Perfect

Wow.  As a passer he's pretty crude in the CFL, hard to believe any NFL teams are interested.

this was sorta my feeling... that dang baseball-style windup was directly responsible for 3 fumbles (may have been 4... can't remember with certainty) in his short tenure as our QB.

Does who will hire effect the QB we go after? Khari may prefer Drew Willy. McManus may prefer Masoli or Brohm.

Walters prefers Collaros that's all that matters at this point.
Wanna bet that's who he prefers?

Coming from a guy that just LIKED his own post. :rolleyes:

that is pretty weak.. yup.

anyway.. i got a funny feelin' we end up with Burris and maaaaaaaaaybe Collaros but more likely Burris with a Drew Willy or Nichols...

Does who will hire effect the QB we go after? Khari may prefer Drew Willy. McManus may prefer Masoli or Brohm.

Walters prefers Collaros that's all that matters at this point.
Wanna bet that's who he prefers?

Who do you think he prefers?

Burris. And it's not even close.

Oh, it's close.

Besides, maybe it's just me but someone I can't get into the idea of our QB being a guy that's been sacked by our head coach.

Matt Nichols hasn't been brought up much. Is it universally agreed that he is too 'injury prone' to be considered starter material? If it came down to Burris +1 but Collaros/Willy were too expensive or otherwise spoken for, I imagine Nichols would come at a cheaper rate. Or at least have a different sort of structure to his contract due to his injury history. He sure can play from what we've seen.

I know the immediate reaction for most people is 'Nooooope, not again.' Somehow I can't figure out what separates a player from being unlucky, foolhardy, or full blown injury prone.

Matt Nichols hasn't been brought up much. Is it universally agreed that he is too 'injury prone' to be considered starter material? If it came down to Burris +1 but Collaros/Willy were too expensive or otherwise spoken for, I imagine Nichols would come at a cheaper rate. Or at least have a different sort of structure to his contract due to his injury history. He sure can play from what we've seen.

I know the immediate reaction for most people is 'Nooooope, not again.' Somehow I can't figure out what separates a player from being unlucky, foolhardy, or full blown injury prone.

It's ok. We'll let you know.

;)

seriously? he just led his team to a greycup berth (yayaya so did buck) and no one is saying he is the fix or the saviour we all want BUT if we are unable to land the next superstar QB or if his learning curve is too streep outta the gate, having Burris wouldnt be a bad idea... starter for a season maaaaaaaaaaybe 2 wouldnt cause me to panic..

The number one reason to not want Burris here is because he's the douchiest ****** that ever douched. He's not a winner and he's a fair weather qb. Keep that ******* off my team please. It would be very hard to cheer for the Bombers with Burris as qb. 

I'd cheer for a cloned Hitler if he could win us a Grey Cup.

Burris isn't that bad of a qb ,   it's not luck that he can put up gigantic numbers.   

He is though a fair weather qb,  does crumble under pressure and he's old as dirt and not a long term solution.  

I think this club only should bring him in *if* they can't get a guy who has proven that he can have success in this league. 

Realistically if we can't get Collaros or Tate then really it would be best that we do bring in Burris to help ease the new regime in.   

Burris is light years better then Goltz or Hall at this point so  bringing him in would definitely be an upgrade. 

The odds of us having a winning record next season is way higher with Burris then it would be with  Hall,  Goltz, Willy or Nichols...