Collaros to wait for free agency?

Mr. Perfect

Does anyone take this recent article as a sign Collaros doesn't want to be a Bomber?

Blueandgold: good point about switching agents. Might make it easier for a new agent to have casual conversations with the Bombers 'in passing'.

I don't take it that way at all. There isn't a better fit in the entire league, Collaros knows that. He just wants to get paid.

Does anyone take this recent article as a sign Collaros doesn't want to be a Bomber?

Blueandgold: good point about switching agents. Might make it easier for a new agent to have casual conversations with the Bombers 'in passing'.

I don't take it that way at all. There isn't a better fit in the entire league, Collaros knows that. He just wants to get paid.

Why is Winnipeg a better fit over Ottawa ?

Because most people assume Ottawa will take Kevin Glenn in the expansion draft.

Because most people assume Ottawa will take Kevin Glenn in the expansion draft.

It makes a lot of sense for them to do it. Gives them a veteran qb that is a safe pick to lead their team for a few years rather than relying on an unproven qb. Remember when Crowley was supposed to be the up and coming qb to lead the Renegades? 

Quarterbacks tend to get absolutely killed on expansion teams.

How is tampering defined? For example, could the Bombers talk to Collaros agent, and just not directly with Collaros? Or is talking about Collaros to his agent considered tampering?

That would be tampering. Permission would have to be granted to talk to Collaris or his agent.

Tampering constantly happens in this league so why not have a cup of coffee with his agent.

Proactive is the way to go.... Reactive has you praying that Pierce goes back to his old self then declaring Goltz as your starter for the rest of the season only for you to pull him from fan pressure and going with plan C....

Ottawa needs the stability of a veteran while they establish themselves. They will gamble on a young up and comer eventually as their starter but it wouldn't be smart for it to be in year one

Put yourself in Collaris' shoes. You know you are not playing for Toronto next year, why would you want your future team to give up more to get you, making your team worse and your former team better. I would want my future team to have all the assets it possibly can.

I wouldn't think any player would think like that...

Collaros would be smart to sign any deal that works for him. I'm sure if the blue would come in with a solid deal then he would sign.

Yeah I don't get why Burris would be done in Hamilton.

Because he can't stop Kory Sheets?

Well he also played like **** after those first 2 drives. (though his receivers let him down too) He's not a winner, he fluked out the one grey cup in 08 but other than that all he's done is choke in important games every bit as much as Kevin Glenn who gets that negative rap. Throw in that Austin was already unhappy with the guy and I think the ticats try and move on. 

Nah, what I get outta that article is that Barker's screwed. I think Collaros, his agent, and Walters are all working together and trying to save the Bombers from trading too much to get him. He knows he's going to Winnipeg, so he's trying to maximize the deal for them. If he doesn't sign with the Argos, then the Bombers get him for next-to-nothing. 

This is a done deal, IMO...

Noeller for president!

Nah, what I get outta that article is that Barker's screwed. I think Collaros, his agent, and Walters are all working together and trying to save the Bombers from trading too much to get him. He knows he's going to Winnipeg, so he's trying to maximize the deal for them. If he doesn't sign with the Argos, then the Bombers get him for next-to-nothing. 

This is a done deal, IMO...

Noeller for president!

PM thanks!  #ProudlyCanadian ;)

And Mike, Burris just isn't a winner in crunch time. Summer time QB, and chokes in the cold. For my money, he's the worst cold-weather QB in CFL history.

We can only hope that Ottawa and Hamilton want Glenn / Nieswander / De Marco / Tate / Willy  or somebody else aside from Collaros..... 

With all the talk from everywhere about how much the Bombers want the guy I don't think it matters if anyone else is interested or not, I think they can get the guy signed if they want him too cause they've pretty much flat out said they'll do what it takes to get the guy here. 

Burris has to be done in Ham now....HAS TO...

Why? Even if he plays stellar I think most would still expect a Riders win. Austin gave the ole Burke line of "we played a better team" tonight.

Bottom line. He got his team there. I'd take him over Glenn only because at their best Henry is better.

My friend won $200 on a GC score ticket. I told him to mail it to the Bombers offices with a "For Collaros" note attached.