Collaros to wait for free agency?

Mr. Perfect

Nah, what I get outta that article is that Barker's screwed. I think Collaros, his agent, and Walters are all working together and trying to save the Bombers from trading too much to get him. He knows he's going to Winnipeg, so he's trying to maximize the deal for them. If he doesn't sign with the Argos, then the Bombers get him for next-to-nothing. 

This is a done deal, IMO...

Love your optimism...

Like JBR said, it would be crazy for Collaros to re-sign in TO and let them control what happens to him. They have to trade his rights or lose him for nothing in FA.

And as 17to85 alluded to, who really gives a crap about tampering? The slap on the wrist from the CFL would be worth it, as this is too important for us to screw up.

I'm not sold on the fact that if we don't get Collaros that it's all over for us. I'm guessing it's not what you meant but I'm hoping we diversify our efforts to land a bonifide QB and not get tunnel vision on one player. 

I really wish the league would release the protected lists, Cohon's reason for not doing so is just sad.

If the Bombers don't get Collaros it's not like there aren't still a lot of options out there, Nichols, Tate or Glenn, Willy, Harris, Marsh, Neiswander etc.

I really wish the league would release the protected lists, Cohon's reason for not doing so is just sad.

but it's a very good reason actually. GMs don't want to deal with players getting their panties in a twist if they weren't protected and I'd rather have the fans left in the dark than to start creating some bad blood between players and management. I mean is it far fetched at all to see some player who wasn't protected but not taken in the draft feel unwanted by their team and start looking for somewhere else to go? Yes they should all be more mature than that but we all know that professional athletes are not always as mature as they should be. 

but it's a very good reason actually. GMs don't want to deal with players getting their panties in a twist if they weren't protected and I'd rather have the fans left in the dark than to start creating some bad blood between players and management. I mean is it far fetched at all to see some player who wasn't protected but not taken in the draft feel unwanted by their team and start looking for somewhere else to go? Yes they should all be more mature than that but we all know that professional athletes are not always as mature as they should be. 

The players are obviously going to find out if they're protected or not. Its stupid, but I can't say I'm surprised given the stance on the Neg List and Salaries.

The players are obviously going to find out if they're protected or not. Its stupid, but I can't say I'm surprised given the stance on the Neg List and Salaries.

How will they find out... not getting picked by Ottawa != protected

Cohon comparing the situation to other businesses (media) ranking its employees was the sad part. Also not crazy about the league just going along with teams wishes.

I agree can't say I'm surprised, especially considering how secretive the league still is about those two points, but it's still disappointing.

Does who will hire effect the QB we go after? Khari may prefer Drew Willy. McManus may prefer Masoli or Brohm.

McManus is being looked at as Assistant GM, that's a ways down the totem pole to decide on the starting Quarterback. Besides, who would seriously prefer Brian Brohm or Masoli or any of the Ticat Quarterbacks to Collaros?

If the Bombers don't get Collaros it's not like there aren't still a lot of options out there, Nichols, Tate or Glenn, Willy, Harris, Marsh, Neiswander etc.

So lots of unproven guys, injury prone players and Kevin Glenn?

I'd take Burris over any of them sadly

I suspect many of us could perform at the level of Boltus.

I don't know if I can throw the ball as inaccurately as he can and look as bad doing it. That's a pretty high level to achieve.

Bringing Boltus in is the biggest knock on Bellefeuille. What was Bellefeuille seeing/thinking? My cat can play better QB than Boltus.

I suspect many of us could perform at the level of Boltus.

I don't know if I can throw the ball as inaccurately as he can and look as bad doing it.  That's a pretty high level to achieve.

I can fumble a snap, fail to fall on it and let a defender take it to the house with the best of them. Throw a pretty sweet pick too. Plus I add the Cam Hall ability to tell off the fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for Collaros. He can explore NFL options all he wants, we may have to go after him in FA but the reality is he's very likely going to be in the CFL next year.

Not necessarily with the Bombers though.