Collaros to wait for free agency?

Mr. Perfect

Burris has to be done in Ham now....HAS TO...

Why? Even if he plays stellar I think most would still expect a Riders win. Austin gave the ole Burke line of "we played a better team" tonight.

Bottom line. He got his team there. I'd take him over Glenn only because at their best Henry is better.

My friend won $200 on a GC score ticket. I told him to mail it to the Bombers offices with a "For Collaros" note attached.

I'd take the consistency of Glenn myself. But, for a cold weather playoff game, neither of them would be optimal choices in my mind.

I still could see Collaros end up in Ottawa, seems to me whomever gives him the best deal is where he's going to go. I really don't see Collaros, his agent and Walters in cahoots with each other to ensure that Winnipeg doesn't have to trade for him. I also think that Ottawa wants the best QB available, and a veteran QB doesn't absolutely need to be the starter, a quality veteran back-up is probably a must though.

As for Hamilton, I'm sure Burris is probably done there, but that depends mightily on how Austin feels about the back-ups. There have been some rumblings in the Hamilton media that Austin is extremely high on Brohm and "hiding" him on the IR.

I still could see Collaros end up in Ottawa, seems to me whomever gives him the best deal is where he's going to go. I really don't see Collaros, his agent and Walters in cahoots with each other to ensure that Winnipeg doesn't have to trade for him. I also think that Ottawa wants the best QB available, and a veteran QB doesn't absolutely need to be the starter, a quality veteran back-up is probably a must though.

As for Hamilton, I'm sure Burris is probably done there, but that depends mightily on how Austin feels about the back-ups. There have been some rumblings in the Hamilton media that Austin is extremely high on Brohm and "hiding" him on the IR.

Well the best proven qbs on the market would be Burris - Glenn - Tate in that order... now I'm not saying who has the most long term upside or anything but if a team wants a proven guy right now those would be the top 3 available IMO.  

Now if they want to grow and are willing to go through growing pains then   I think it's Collaros - Willy - Nieswander/Marsh  in that order....   

Lots of options and if the blue are smart they wont wait and see how things shake out.

glenn isnt "on the market" per say.. he is under contract and i dont think we are to trade to get a qb, especially one thats been here before..

Burris will be the easy, quick fix giving us more time to find a backup and Collaros would be the "please be like reilly" scenario IE a qb that is good enough to win with if given the right guys to develop with..

ideal scenario? Burris with Collaros and Hall/Willy/Etc..

maybe tate shakes into the equation but id hope not myself..

Collaros won't end up in Ottawa because Marcel Desjardins has gone on record more than once that they will do everything to avoid drafting free agents, especially at QB.

ugh just say no to Burris. That would make it very, very hard to cheer for this team. Plus a guy who always chokes in the cold? Doesn't seem like the kind of player to have in Winnipeg. 

In fairness, you're looking for an excuse to become a Stamps fan, because your brother is...

ugh just say no to Burris. That would make it very, very hard to cheer for this team. Plus a guy who always chokes in the cold? Doesn't seem like the kind of player to have in Winnipeg. 

In fairness, you're looking for an excuse to become a Stamps fan, because your brother is...

I would hardly call him a fan at all. casual observer at best. 

Can someone please clarify when teams are once again allowed to make trades, when teams need to declare rosters, and date of the draft? Thanks

Trades and transactions can happen anytime between now and December 9th. The 8 teams have to submit their protected lists on this date and the freeze is on between December 9th and the day of the draft, December 16th.