GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

the sac Strev took was a brain cramp by Woli...he should have recognized it, and his route was a short curl and not primary target...doubt even secondary look....he let the halback come free

Just a typical bust in assignment during a pre-season game. It sucks but guys aren't all the way back yet.

11 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Looked more like cover 3, I think Hallett (safety) was deep middle.  The two defensive halfbacks (Kelley on the fieldside and the American on the boundary), looked to close together.  No idea which defensive halfback was responsible for Bane?

I didn’t get a look back at it. Cover 3 would mean he was way out of position when his role is basically to stay with the deepest guy. But we and the league do run a lot of cover 3. The stadium cam made it really hard to judge coverage. 

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Just a typical bust in assignment during a pre-season game. It sucks but guys aren't all the way back yet.

Especially when it’s back ups vs starters and the starters are running overload blitzes. Great experience for their guys though. 

Just now, GCn20 said:

yeah typical pre-seaon follies...was just pointing it out as someone mentioend that they were curious what happened there...who screwed up....Woli is very assignment sound...so major brain fart there lol

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah typical pre-seaon follies...was just pointing it out as someone mentioend that they were curious what happened there...who screwed up....Woli is very assignment sound...so major brain fart there lol

Yea, Woli will never let that happen again tho.

Not sure the bombers were necessarily expecting Sask to run all those early blitzes in pre season A. 

was my understanding that doing that is frowned up in exhibition. I always heard coaches would go in to pre season games especially game A and be more vanilla. Like it’s agreed upon type stuff. We won’t do this. We won’t do that. Because it’s more for evaluation and not really much else in reality. Don’t want guys hurt on play 1. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Riders played that one to win. Bombers played to get a look at some guys.

I would tend to agree. But the thing is without Barry ehs picks… they just kicked fg against our rookies. You gotta think they wouldn’t be as happy as Mullinder was. Riders O did eff all really. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I would tend to agree. But the thing is without Barry ehs picks… they just kicked fg against our rookies. You gotta think they wouldn’t be as happy as Mullinder was. Riders O did eff all really. 

Just an awful showing by their almost starting lineups for the first quarter and a half. Embarrassing really given that we were playing our scrubs.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Who is the color guy on that broadcast?  Is it Mullinder?   

That guy needs to get cut ASAP,   I'm only half way through watching the game and what he says on air does not represent what is happening on field at all.  The PBP guy is nearly as bad.

I'm at the part with 52 seconds left in the half where Pipkin runs out of bounds and runs into Jefferson and bounces off of him.   PBP guy says Pipkin was hammered by Jefferson and Mullinder is saying a penalty should be called.   Jefferson didn't lean into him and was standing upright the whole time with Pipkin just scraping by him and falls down on his own.   

Also Mullinder at this point is extremely minimizing the errors of the Rider players almost making excuses or pretending that things didn't happen (i.e. great play by a Bomber or a big error on the Rider).      I.E.  Harris missing Bane by a mile and instead of saying how bad of a pass it was,  Mullinder talks about how great of a training camp they have had so far together.

Also every Rider has had a great training camp,   no rookies have made any mistakes,   no veterans need to look over their shoulders,   Pipkin is amazing because he made a single throw.  

Streveler is a running back only as per Mullinder... he only can run he can't throw,  he is extremely one dimensional. 

Mullinder is basically singing the Lego Movie - Everything is awesome song. 

If I were a Riders fan listening on the radio,  I wouldn't be thrilled because you don't actually get any real feedback on who is performing and who is not. 

They actually have a thread on RF.com praising the 2…… 

I had to turn on CJOB mid way through the second. Just couldn’t listen to them mumble about, call out incorrect penalties, incorrect names and the shrieking every time a Rider made a play. I get that they are Rider Broadcasters but at least show a bit if non bias. That’s the biggest thing I miss about Knuckles.  

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

That guy needs to get cut ASAP,   I'm only half way through watching the game and what he says on air does not represent what is happening on field at all.  The PBP guy is nearly as bad.

I'm at the part with 52 seconds left in the half where Pipkin runs out of bounds and runs into Jefferson and bounces off of him.   PBP guy says Pipkin was hammered by Jefferson and Mullinder is saying a penalty should be called.   Jefferson didn't lean into him and was standing upright the whole time with Pipkin just scraping by him and falls down on his own.   

Also Mullinder at this point is extremely minimizing the errors of the Rider players almost making excuses or pretending that things didn't happen (i.e. great play by a Bomber or a big error on the Rider).      I.E.  Harris missing Bane by a mile and instead of saying how bad of a pass it was,  Mullinder talks about how great of a training camp they have had so far together.

Also every Rider has had a great training camp,   no rookies have made any mistakes,   no veterans need to look over their shoulders,   Pipkin is amazing because he made a single throw.  

Streveler is a running back only as per Mullinder... he only can run he can't throw,  he is extremely one dimensional. 

If I were a Riders fan listening on the radio,  I wouldn't be thrilled because you don't actually get any real feedback on who is performing and who is not. 

Mullinder is an absolute assclown, always has been. He is nothing but a loudmouth Rider shill jagoff. The guy makes Ballsy seem rational and level headed. Cannot stand the sight/sound of him.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Mullinder adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast... literally only there to verbally fellate the rider players. There's no insight just so and so having a great camp, a player that I actually really like, great call by coach! 

pretty bang on assesment....that was putrid all around

back to the game....has to be less than encouraging watching that as a Rider Coach/Management and realizing....wow...we have a ton of work to do 

26 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Mullinder is an absolute assclown, always has been. He is nothing but a loudmouth Rider shill jagoff. The guy makes Ballsy seem rational and level headed. Cannot stand the sight/sound of him.

Tell us how you really feel about Mullinder? 🙂

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I didn’t get a look back at it. Cover 3 would mean he was way out of position when his role is basically to stay with the deepest guy. But we and the league do run a lot of cover 3. The stadium cam made it really hard to judge coverage. 

Especially when it’s back ups vs starters and the starters are running overload blitzes. Great experience for their guys though. 

It was hard to tell, both defensive halfbacks looked to be in the area. I think Bane lined up as the closet slot on the boundary side.

Watching the rest of the game.

I'd like to see Barriere get one quarter... not sure if it's going to happen though.  Late in the 2nd half he looked "better" and overall it was a bad showing but he didn't look completely useless like a Boltus or a Brink from back in the day.   I think it was a lot of just bad nerves.     Wilson looked far more ready after he settled down and from what I saw we need not Pigromes or someone else air lifted to the city asap.  

Lots of fast moving guys on D,  I'm very anxious/excited to see who they keep and if any of these guys can be the next all star to play for the team for a few seasons.   

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

No offense but who cares about what Mullinder says??? He gets paid to pump the Riders & he does it. I just wish we had a choice of what broadcast team to listen to. Of course, anyone could have turned the sound down on your device & put CJOB on.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Is pigrome even playing football? Didn’t Ottawa release him a long time ago? That ship has obviously sailed. 

If they cut Pigrome after that one game he played then Barriere's days here are counting down fast.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No offense but who cares about what Mullinder says??? He gets paid to pump the Riders & he does it. I just wish we had a choice of what broadcast team to listen to. Of course, anyone could have turned the sound down on your device & put CJOB on.

If they cut Pigrome after that one game he played then Barriere's days here are counting down fast.

I believe @Mikesaid barriere had been on the neg list for some time so I’d imagine he might stick around. Be silly to cut him after 1 appearance when he’s been on the neg list for years. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I believe @Mikesaid barriere had been on the neg list for some time so I’d imagine he might stick around. Be silly to cut him after 1 appearance when he’s been on the neg list for years. 

Would be silly to cut a better player because a guy was on the neg list for a long time.

Hodge's evaluation of Streveler really speaks to his lack of basic knowledge on how the game is played.

He said something like "Streveler will never be a guy who drops back and works through four reads."

Nobody is working through more than 2 after the snap.  After that it's a scramble.  Everything is pre-snap.  Most teams are cutting the field in half based on pre-snap reads.

Just such an underhanded and ignorant attempt to **** on a guys ability as a passer.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Would be silly to cut a better player because a guy was on the neg list for a long time.

Hodge's evaluation of Streveler really speaks to his lack of basic knowledge on how the game is played.

He said something like "Streveler will never be a guy who drops back and works through four reads."

Nobody is working through more than 2 after the snap.  After that it's a scramble.  Everything is pre-snap.  Most teams are cutting the field in half based on pre-snap reads.

Just such an underhanded and ignorant attempt to **** on a guys ability as a passer.

Oh I believe Wilson is number 3 right now by a long shot but if barriere is willing to stick around on the pr and develop? Who knows. 

That hodge dude has been off for years. His opinions are just so wrong and just based on nothing. He might have insider info at times but dude has no clue. Must have been listening to Mullinder yesterday. 

bombers are screwed if Collaros gets hurt. Strev goes 7 of 8 and trucks a few riders in the process. Just clueless. 

Edited by Goalie