Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

No one has yet mentioned two other competitors for the strongest arm to play in the CFL- Joe "747" Adams and Matthew Teague. I don't know if it was hyperbole, but apparently Teague threw hard enough to take skin off his receivers' hands.

Just now, Tracker said:

No one has yet mentioned two other competitors for the strongest arm to play in the CFL- Joe "747" Adams and Matthew Teague. I don't know if it was hyperbole, but apparently Teague threw hard enough to take skin off his receivers' hands.

Don't recall Teague at all? Who was he with?

......tick tick CFL Combine March 19-24.......Cfl Draft  April 24th.............tick tick tick......tick....tick.....training camp opens May 12th/24'.......tick tick tick....Does that make everyone a little happier

(Okay...I'll leave by the back door)

Riders have nice depth.  And still have picks.

Fry is kind of a Gray type, less raw talent, came through better system in U Sports for developing zone blockers.

Hardrick is kind of an odd fit there honestly.  If I'm them I'd spend that money on a receiver.  Think they are looking at Hardrick as kind of a culture builder...but they are basically forced to use him even if he keeps trending toward bad.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

On 2024-02-15 at 3:55 PM, johnzo said:

Lions signed Dolegala yesterday.

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/bc-lions-sign-contract-former-saskatchewan-roughriders-jake-dolegala?utm_source=reddit.com

I'm in the "maybe he's got upside?" camp so I think this is a decent signing for them.

Just a 1 year deal. Maybe both sides want to put off a longer contract until they get to know each other & see how things go this season. Who knows maybe Nathan Rourke will be back. I will say this, from what I've seen from Dolegala, he can ball. With an actual quality OC in Jordan Maksymic, he may do very well as a backup to Vernon Adams.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Gonna be like this till the draft too ugh. 

Lol..well it's football talk so it's still better than listening to my wife rehash her day. Lol

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Riders have nice depth.  And still have picks.

Fry is kind of a Gray type, less raw talent, came through better system in U Sports for developing zone blockers.

Hardrick is kind of an odd fit there honestly.  If I'm them I'd spend that money on a receiver.  Think they are looking at Hardrick as kind of a culture builder...but they are basically forced to use him even if he keeps trending toward bad.

Riders O should be better but their league worst defence? Not seeing much there.

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Does throwing a bunch of random free agents together on the OL ever yield instant results anyway?

No but I feel like doing it with a few vets like Hardrick and Sceviour who are winners … could be worse decisions to make.

I still don’t see it though, they’re missing that A+ part to pull it all together. Lots of B and B- but who’s the franchise player? 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

No but I feel like doing it with a few vets like Hardrick and Sceviour who are winners … could be worse decisions to make.

I still don’t see it though, they’re missing that A+ part to pull it all together. Lots of B and B- but who’s the franchise player? 

I see Mace brought Edwin Harrison his O-line coach from the Argos with him to Sask., semed to put a pretty decent O-line together in T.O. in the years he was there, maybe he can help pull things together in Regina.

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I see Mace brought Edwin Harrison his O-line coach from the Argos with him to Sask., semed to put a pretty decent O-line together in T.O. in the years he was there, maybe he can help pull things together in Regina.

Edwin Harrison's grandfather Calvin Jones played just one year for the Blue Bombers in 1956. He was a WIFU All Star. He died on December 9, 1956 when the plane Jones was a passenger on slammed into Slesse Mountain just outside of Chilliwack, BC. Sixty four people died on that plane (Trans Canada Airlines Flight 810) including Jones & 4 Saskatchewan Roughrider players: Gord Sturtridge & his wife Mildred, Mel Beckett, Mario DeMarco, Ray Syrnyk & a Roughrider Director Harold McElroy. At the time, it was the worst air tragedy in Canadian history. They had all been in Vancouver for the WIFU & IRFU All Star Game played on December 8th at Empire Stadium.

Newspaper-1-sized.jpg

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

He wasn’t the OL coach in Toronto. He was the running backs coach and quality control.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If the Bombers had an offseason like the Riders after the season they had, we would all be so pumped. 

I agree, I just don’t think it’s an off-season that puts them in contention for the Grey Cup.

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

I agree, I just don’t think it’s an off-season that puts them in contention for the Grey Cup.

Agreed. Not enough to seriously compete for the west but they won’t be the joke they’ve been for the past few years.

They improved at RB, OL and a couple spots on D. The new coaching staff there couldn’t be any worse. 

Still an underwhelming QB, mediocre receiving corps, not much of a DL. 

Plus, **** ‘em. 9-9 at best. 

Who are their receivers...Bane...Emilus...and?? 

And throwing money at random positions when your core and structure sucks isn't a winning formula

They will be definitely better but in a battle for 3rd at best

Of the guys they signed the only one I would have been excited for was Carney

Edwards cooper...not any better than what they had...prob worse ...Thurman...Dean would have gave them the same for prob 30k less...

Getting rid of Dickie tho and his band of putz:s will help but they still have Oday..who prob just ruined their SMS to save his bacon

Different topic, anyone else think the Stamps organization is in serious trouble? 

Dilapidated stadium and facility, super low and consistently dropping attendance. Lousy QB with a big contract, no marketable star players. Ownership doesn’t seem to care in the slightest. Huff getting older. Dickinson getting dumber by the year it seems. 

I actually think they’re on the thinnest ice of any team right now.
Frankly, that stadium is pathetic. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny