2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

The real reason you don’t see renovations on old stadiums is because the cost probably to renovate is close to the cost of a new modern smaller one. 

let’s be real, you starting taking things down in old buildings and old homes for that matter, there’s gonna be **** behind the walls you don’t wanna see that doesn’t meet todays codes. It’s a mess once you start opening up walls in old homes and buildings. The asbestos removal costs alone would be millions.  Sometimes it’s cheaper to knock it down and redo it so you don’t have to in 10 years. Putting lipstick on a pig makes the pig cuter but it’s still a pig. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

The real reason you don’t see renovations on old stadiums is because the cost probably to renovate is close to the cost of a new modern smaller one. 

let’s be real, you starting taking things down in old buildings and old homes for that matter, there’s gonna be **** behind the walls you don’t wanna see that doesn’t meet todays codes. It’s a mess once you start opening up walls in old homes and buildings. The asbestos removal costs alone would be millions.  Sometimes it’s cheaper to knock it down and redo it so you don’t have to in 10 years. Putting lipstick on a pig makes the pig cuter but it’s still a pig. 

And yet, there are tons of people in Saskatchewan who have no issue with that at all.

Man I don’t like the auto scrimmage from the 40 after a td. Maybe if it’s a none offensive td and make it automatic after a fg. 
 I’d rather move the teams closer and make it slower speed for td kick offs. And or the no one can move until the ball is caught. 

Kr is a pivotal part of the Canadian football identity. 

17 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just show me the injury stats for kick returns and prove this isn't all based on anecdotes and speculation.

Agree. 
 And tbh a lot of guys will use injury time outs on kick cover if they don’t play the next drive. 

Maybe it’s me but didn’t notice many of what they mentioned during kick returns. Yes there were hits and stuff but in football you can hit people and the ppl being hit know that so I don’t see the problem. Keep it as is. Kick returns is what makes the cfl different than the NFL. Gizmo or Keith Stokes. Grant. The dude from Ottawa before. I mean. Those are get me out my seat plays. The media pushes it more than the league tho. Not sure why. It’s a contact sport. But in reality you can get injured pretty badly crossing the street. Or get a concussion from golf if a ball hits you in the head, so. I don’t get it. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is that rthe real life clown who wears an evil closn mask when his team is 1-234456 in the standings? if so, then go retire, already.

No, that 🤡 is Purifoy, I believe. 

Leonard hasn't peed in 8 years to avoid getting tested. Then he berated the poor staff that had to collect the sample. 

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just show me the injury stats for kick returns and prove this isn't all based on anecdotes and speculation.

Probably based on the NFL study that indicated that was the case. 

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/nfls-prioritization-of-player-safety-leads-to-promising-injury-data-for-2023-season/ 

Maybe it's the CFLPA pushing for the change, cause I can't see any GM's being overly concerned.

9 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/nfls-prioritization-of-player-safety-leads-to-promising-injury-data-for-2023-season/ 

Maybe it's the CFLPA pushing for the change, cause I can't see any GM's being overly concerned.

Yes, people blaming the media are out to lunch. The league doesn't want to make the game less exciting. They know people react poorly to these types of changes. 

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Only thing I'd do for kickoffs is not allow the cover guys to move vertically until the ball is kicked.

Would open up returns a bit and reduce speed of collisions.

Not a fan of the XFL setup.  Think you can accomplish the same thing but still allow a wedge.

I’d be happy if that was the extent of the change. Maybe not giving the option of kick offs on fgs any more would be ok too. 

17 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

You’re probably right. But I don’t think it’s fair to compare apples to orange league to league. If that’s the case it’s just lazy on the cfls part.