2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

If they change kickoffs Bede is not nearly as valuable. His kickoff length were invaluable to the Argos.

That’s a good point. Though at this point it’s impossible to know how the changes might impact things could be the no blockers or tacklers move till catch change, or a punt style play etc if the ball is still kicked the value remains. I can’t imagine they take the whole return game out of kick offs. 

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Oliveira and Ouelette are interesting studies.

The NFL had a RB committee form this offseason where they griped with how much they’re paid. RBs tend to become very beat up by age 30, sometimes younger.

I personally wouldn’t pay a RB top dollar unless it was a Christian McCaffrey type where they can be just as valuable as a receiver.

Yeah. And I mean Brady could argue his blocking and pass catching was that kind of value this last year. 
 I don’t think we will see real change until the next gen of players come up who are moving from rb to wr. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

O'Day also needs to make Houston the highest paid DB.

Yup...cause they are very happy with their interior online with Godber..Ferland And Blake...as he has claimed....and their crappy QB room ..so they have the cash to burn hahaha

3 hours ago, Booch said:

2....him and either Hansen if back or Karomoko

Teams only need to field 1 Global player. 

Rosters are now 44 players but teams have the option to dress an extra National or Global player as a 45th player. The Bombers went with 2 Global players last year.

The team may only go with 1 Global this year as Maruo wasnt signed and Hansen is a pending free-agent.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

If they change kickoffs Bede is not nearly as valuable. His kickoff length were invaluable to the Argos.

Definitely seems like they should have settled this before FA then (unless the teams already know any incoming changes).

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Puke. Keep him away.

Career contract year sack production is the kiss of death. 
 Hladik is the ni I’d go after as a ratio flipper for most teams. I think he’d fit most locker rooms and it’s easy to find a relatively competent back up ni lber. Bennett / kongbo make the most sense for us. 

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Grey Cup back in Montreal by 2029?

Quebec will go ahead with Olympic Stadium renovations

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-olympic-stadium-renovations-1.7104546

They should just let it fall into ruins.

Could build a great stadium for part of that cost just to make sure this one doesn't collapse on itself.

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Grey Cup back in Montreal by 2029?

Quebec will go ahead with Olympic Stadium renovations

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-olympic-stadium-renovations-1.7104546

That ediface has always been a waste of taxpayer's money with all of it going to Mafia run construction companies for money laundering. What Montreal really needs is a 35,000 seat baseball stadium downtown to attract either expansion or relocation of a MLB team. That's what should be built. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That ediface has always been a waste of taxpayer's money with all of it going to Mafia run construction companies for money laundering. What Montreal really needs is a 35,000 seat baseball stadium downtown to attract either expansion or relocation of a MLB team. That's what should be built. 

Nailed it. 

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And it made certain people, very, very wealthy.

Criminally so

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Not one cent of  Federal money should be put into this. 

I for sure can see Federal monies being put up, don't we have an election in the near future