2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wouldn't even say Fajardo got hot.  I'd say the Bombers defensive scheme was completely brutal in terms of blitzing and use of Cover 0/1 looks vs a QB that is so inaccurate.  We gave his receivers a chance to make plays.

That was my beef about the defensive play that game as well. Just baffling play calling by Hall. Make Fajardo be accurate and he loses most games, give him one on ones or the opportunity to just throw in general directions and let his receivers run to the ball and you are giving him a chance that his receivers can make him look a heckuva lot better than what he is.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

There was also the issue of lacking depth and having to move guys around when Houston got hurt and later playing Houston at less than 100%. 

Not buying that at all. Most of Montreal's big offensive plays came on really poor play calling on our part and their receivers outmuscling our DBs to get to the spot that Fajardo's duck was landing.

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Bishop could easily throw the length of the field....it's the wonderlic test he had a problem with.....I believe he flunked

Yea. Not sure what Bluto was watching with Bishop and that surprises me because he was their starter for a good while. Bishop had a cannon arm.

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

Bishop could easily throw the length of the field....it's the wonderlic test he had a problem with.....I believe he flunked

Scored a 10/50. Think he’s in a big tie for like 5th or 6th lowest all time. Tee Martin had an 11. QBs average like 24, Johnny manziel put up 33. 
 To be fair touch and accuracy were not in his game either. 
 Like all tests it’s not by any means the be all and end all. But few QBs have low wonderlics and succeed. Fast decision making is key. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

... I thought he was going full time to that Nanaimo Jr team.....??

Tbh idc in the least what he does now. One day (not when a part of the riders though) raise his number and move on. 

Though the irony of how much rider fans harped about the ped test with Harris if he goes there that is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Scored a 10/50. Think he’s in a big tie for like 5th or 6th lowest all time. Tee Martin had an 11. QBs average like 24, Johnny manziel put up 33. 
 To be fair touch and accuracy were not in his game either. 
 Like all tests it’s not by any means the be all and end all. But few QBs have low wonderlics and succeed. Fast decision making is key. 

Tbh idc in the least what he does now. One day (not when a part of the riders though) raise his number and move on. 

Though the irony of how much rider fans harped about the ped test with Harris if he goes there that is hilarious. 

yeah watch the narrative change and he is a key cog in restoring culture there hahaha

But really for what reason would he want to go there to start up coaching....really what could he even offer at this juncture as well....and id numbnutz saying that cause Mace is there and AH will follow?..a coach he prob had minimal interactions with?...But hey I have no issues...one more unqualified and minimal experience coach on that staff the better to keep that turd train chug chugging along haha

EDIT: tried to put the Argo's twitter video announcing our schedule in here (it's funny), it's a play on the general indifference to the CFL from many Torontonians. Thought you like the chuckle, but apparently I can't post imbed a twitter or a video.

https://x.com/TorontoArgos/status/1735362695459680599?s=20

Edited by bluto
I can't do stuff.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

EDIT: tried to put the Argo's twitter video announcing our schedule in here (it's funny), it's a play on the general indifference to the CFL from many Torontonians. Thought you like the chuckle, but apparently I can't post imbed a twitter or a video.

IT help desk here.

I’ve located the problem:

Argos suck.

Merry Christmas!

2 hours ago, bluto said:

11 minutes ago, bluto said:

Spoken like a true Wombat fan.

Are wombats friendly?

Are wombats friendly? - Quora

Unfortunately, not really. Baby wombats live up to their cuddly reputation, but once a wombat has grown up it becomes a solitary animal that just wants to be left alone. Communication between wombats is often threatening or aggressive and they only rarely seek out humans.
Edited by HardCoreBlue

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Are wombats friendly?

Are wombats friendly? - Quora

Unfortunately, not really. Baby wombats live up to their cuddly reputation, but once a wombat has grown up it becomes a solitary animal that just wants to be left alone. Communication between wombats is often threatening or aggressive and they only rarely seek out humans.

TIL wombats and Rider fans have a lot in common. 

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Again, he was supposed to be running the Nanaimo junior program this year. President and HC..... Did that just go away??

There is not a lot of money to be made running a Junior team in Canada, in fact most are losing propositions. While some junior coaches do get paid an honorarium this is not the main occupation for them and they require another job or career just to make ends meet. I would guess that even an assistant CFL coaches position would earn significantly more pay. I could see Harris pursuing that if there indeed was an opportunity.