2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

as expected....

I'm surprised both Sask. and Hamilton are allowing their new HC's to double dip by taking on a coordinator job as well, ties more salary up in one individual while playing one man short on the coaching staff .  Mace especially is taking a big leap into the unknown as he's never been a HC before.

Dinwiddie: “I’d prefer to be an NFL guy,” Dinwiddie said. “The NCAA, I’m always a West Coast guy as far as recruiting and being able to handle that.”

https://3downnation.com/2023/12/04/argos-ryan-dinwiddie-would-consider-any-nfl-opportunity-thats-the-right-fit/

Like, c'mon. Can you imagine MOS saying something like this? I feel bad for TO fans, their HC and starting QB just won't shut up about leaving the first chance they get.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Dinwiddie: “I’d prefer to be an NFL guy,” Dinwiddie said. “The NCAA, I’m always a West Coast guy as far as recruiting and being able to handle that.”

https://3downnation.com/2023/12/04/argos-ryan-dinwiddie-would-consider-any-nfl-opportunity-thats-the-right-fit/

Like, c'mon. Can you imagine MOS saying something like this? I feel bad for TO fans, their HC and starting QB just won't shut up about leaving the first chance they get.

That's the Anti MOS for sure. Contrast that with MOS talking about how he likes CFL unique plays such as Montreal's short punt play.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

That quote is out of context. They were discussing the potential to recieve NCAA offers or NFL offers. Then it quotes him saying he'd prefer the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That quote is out of context. They were discussing the potential to recieve NCAA offers or NFL offers. Then it quotes him saying he'd prefer the NFL. 

Out of context my butt, that was one of many quotes talking about how much he'd love the opportunity. 

Ask any other coach in the league, they'll respond with how much they love the CFL. You ask Chris Jones, who would absolutely bail at the first opportunity, and he'll respond that he's living the dream and he's not going anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Out of context my butt, that was one of many quotes talking about how much he'd love the opportunity. 

Ask any other coach in the league, they'll respond with how much they love the CFL. You ask Chris Jones, who would absolutely bail at the first opportunity, and he'll respond that he's living the dream and he's not going anywhere. 

Maybe the NFL will buy him a shirt that fits. 

16 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t get the love for Milanovich. He won a cup in 2012 with a store bought team. Done zip since then. 
With Hervey as GM too, I see rough times ahead for them. 

Yea, I was hoping Milanovich would stay in the hunt for Riders HC, but it appears he withdrew once the TIcats made him the same offer. 

Yeah he seemed to be falling all over himself, leaving the impression he'd jump at the first nfl chance to get out of the centre of the universe....Wow ...there's loyalty for ya...Now if you want to give an impression of continuity and success you'd like with your current club, that ain't the way to do it....

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah he seemed to be falling all over himself, leaving the impression he'd jump at the first nfl chance to get out of the centre of the universe....Wow ...there's loyalty for ya...Now if you want to give an impression of continuity and success you'd like with your current club, that ain't the way to do it....

I do not blame any coach or player for jumping to the NFL if they get the chance. I'm not sure fawning over it in public is the right play, but RD would be a lot more financially successful in the NFL.

16 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t get the love for Milanovich. He won a cup in 2012 with a store bought team. Done zip since then. 
With Hervey as GM too, I see rough times ahead for them. 

I remember Hervey when he was with the Eskimos and spoke with him at a football camp my son was attending.

He said he doesn't look at any players smaller than 6 foot or something unless their off the charts. Expect the Tigercats to get bigger.

19 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I remember Hervey when he was with the Eskimos and spoke with him at a football camp my son was attending.

He said he doesn't look at any players smaller than 6 foot or something unless their off the charts. Expect the Tigercats to get bigger.

I would imagine that would apply to his recruitment going forward. At the moment the Ticats have two starters under 6 feet so they won't be getting a ton bigger in their starters. Might see Hervey going through the backups and teamers to get bigger though.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

family-guy-stewie.gif

That's right... you secure that albatross around your organization's neck until you realize too late that you've hanged yourselves with a "me first, look at me, look at me" leader.

Gooood... gooooood...

That's great news. Takes a team out of play on the Dru Brown front.

so Als extended The Faj,,,,with Milanovich in the Hammer now its a certainty that he goes with BLM....The market for Brown really is shrinking to the point that it's Ott...or nowhere...Mace is slobbering all over Harris...welll cause he was forced to, so no money there....Edm has guaranteed money there in Heavy balls, and Ford who they really wanna market to the fans...and to demote him again would be like taking a step forward..then 2 back....BC and T.O aren't gonna go after him and the dark horse is only CGY but not sure Dicky would go that route especially after a sub par yr....so this notion that Brown is a slam dunk being gone isn't really so

It was obvious that Montreal was going to stick with "Le Faj"  ,  well obvious for 99% of the people on  here.    

I still believe that Edmonton will stick with Ford  and that Hamilton will move forward without BLM but retain Powell/Shiltz.      

Dickenson won't admit he made a mistake with Maier and will continue with him.   

Ottawa is the only place that Brown can get starter money and a starting job.   

Also who knows if Strev comes back next season to the CFL?  I'm surprised he didn't land back with the NY Jets after they dumped Boyle. 

I had been thinking to myself that a silver lining in all this "we made Faj look like an all star" nonsense was that maybe Montreal would be stupid enough to believe it and $$ treat him like one $$.... this is hilarious and the best thing that could have happened to every other team in the league. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I had been thinking to myself that a silver lining in all this "we made Faj look like an all star" nonsense was that maybe Montreal would be stupid enough to believe it and $$ treat him like one $$.... this is hilarious and the best thing that could have happened to every other team in the league. 

Still won a cup. We know what he is but he's a former MOP, Grey Cup MOP, and Grey Cup Champion. 

So, even if it's only victory laps, it's hard not to see why they're paying him. 

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

family-guy-stewie.gif

That's right... you secure that albatross around your organization's neck until you realize too late that you've hanged yourselves with a "me first, look at me, look at me" leader.

Gooood... gooooood...

Professional QB with his name on the Cup? Yes.

Mtl gonna get hit with a false positive?: Probably.

Argos suck?: Definitely.

53 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hopefully, $600k. 🤞

Man on man I hope they paid his ass well lol.  
Realistically I suspect the market for brown as a starter will be Edmonton and Calgary. 
I think ott, ham, ssk, would be interested as a qb1b to push a guy and maybe take a job. 
 It’ll be interesting to see how qb fa shakes down. I think the chances of a brown return are going up for us.