2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

he is a stud....had a string of games/snaps where he didnt allow a sack or a penalty...was a phenomenal amount...off top my head cant recall

WhatI do know is has good feet and athleticism for a big guy...likes to get in second level on runs and cause havoc too....could be the replacement....also has experience at guard too

sounds good .....had to search a bit bout' his age ....Born in 99' ...so 25....lots of future there

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Blue Bombers released 31-year-old fullback Damian Jackson on Wednesday as per Jeff Hamilton,

wtf?!?!....I can't complain now...but the obvious thing to do...his age.....experience...and skill...or lack there of it....would have been just stupid to continue that farce

12 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Blue Bombers released 31-year-old fullback Damian Jackson on Wednesday as per Jeff Hamilton,

wow.....all jokes aside, I'm shocked. I sincerely thought there was some irrational love of this guy that was going to keep him around. Wonder if he asked for his release to go for life after football....

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

wtf?!?!....I can't complain now...but the obvious thing to do...his age.....experience...and skill...or lack there of it....would have been just stupid to continue that farce

Hopefully the riders go dumpster diving and sign him because they also want to be like the Bombers.

On 2024-02-11 at 8:15 PM, wbbfan said:

Yeah pretty meh imo.  I expect most of the Ts we had in camp the last year ish to be back for this tc though. 

You’re right.  Hansen I think the only limiting factor will be health. That guy loves football. If he can get and stay healthy he will be back. 
 I think Clement’s will be back, though I also think getting an imp lber the same quality is some thing our scouting team should be able to do. 

Kramdi ideally is a back up db to ford. Or in general. If he takes a step forward that could change but he has to make that improvement first. 

the impact on ba is interesting to consider. We aren’t generally slow to get rid of over the hill or dbs who can’t recover from injuries. So maybe the two years out from surgery and JY running the D could be huge for BA. If he goes back to his prior level of play and impact that’s a game changer. If he can’t, then we need to move on and I don’t think they’ll hesitate to do so in camp if that’s the case. 

We definitely need to add dl depth especially ni dl quality. Draft, kongbo, trade even drafting a global would be great. 
He’s older, but jagared Davis would be a good low risk high reward guy to bring into camp. He’s not a guy you can pencil in as a starter, but a great lemon Esq upside guy who can push rookies and would be cheap. I’m sure Hamilton would be looking to move on from his deal. He’s really close with wj too. 

It’s ideal to bring in some low cost league vets to push rookies for camp. 

To be fair, very few teams go ni at Sam. He’s a better Sam than the hallets are safety’s. Usually that’s where the passport is hidden and it becomes a make the td saving tackle spot instead of a real coverage aid or play maker. 

Yeah...I don't want a Hallett long-term at safety either...kramdi at SAM over Hallett to me is like picking the tallest little person...we really don't even need to go Canadian at sam anyway...I would like to just declare 1 national on defence and use it on the Line...with Lawson ..as the main guy...but that's what makes Kongbo a key add...or another producing Canadian....via draft...FA or trade...we got 10 picks...maybe get a guy like how we landed Lawson.

And we could rotate a Ford or Kramdi in at times to go 2 import DT's as well as times or a cheetah package with 3 de's and Kongbo

Another thing to really allow some defensive flex is tag Biggie as your Nationalized Player and actually use him as such 29 times a game and roll all Import....Walters and Miller should tell Osh to.suck it up..out aside his dislike of the rule and use it to make us better

29 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Told ya Osh reads this board........

I think it is more of reviewing the season and where things went wrong..and where we could have been better it stuck out like a sore thumb...or was a decision that came from above Osh...

It truly was one of the more pointless and basically stupid decisions I have seen in all my yrs of football...that is a coach killer maneuver but Osh was shielded by past success and all the accolades heaped on him...at least this yr now we know....well I hope we can know that outside of Castillo the rest of the DA's will have a useful purpose

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

wow.....all jokes aside, I'm shocked. I sincerely thought there was some irrational love of this guy that was going to keep him around. Wonder if he asked for his release to go for life after football....

Roster necessities. 

With the camp battles we're going to see at critical positions, need as many bodies as possible. 

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Roster necessities. 

With the camp battles we're going to see at critical positions, need as many bodies as possible. 

realization that rostering him this yr....with transition would be stupid as he has no upside, and offered no value...I am sure the 2023 review look back also was glaring and a big ooops

15 hours ago, Booch said:

he is a stud....had a string of games/snaps where he didnt allow a sack or a penalty...was a phenomenal amount...off top my head cant recall

WhatI do know is has good feet and athleticism for a big guy...likes to get in second level on runs and cause havoc too....could be the replacement....also has experience at guard too

I know highlight tape is cherry-picked but man that guy just looks like a monster at the second level

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...we so screwed...what we gonna do on short yardage now....my god how did we manage before????...U will all see with whomever does it this yr how much of an idiotic waste that was last yr

But he played so many different positions!!!11111!!!

19 hours ago, Booch said:
35 minutes ago, Booch said:

i was adding to it actually

KOLO

the seal was good at anything connected to water....delivery included....I was always waiting for him to try and bounce the ball on the end of his nose....he wasn't doing much else

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yup...we so screwed...what we gonna do on short yardage now....my god how did we manage before????...U will all see with whomever does it this yr how much of an idiotic waste that was last yr

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Who will fetch Osh his water on the sidelines

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

the seal was good at anything connected to water....delivery included....I was always waiting for him to try and bounce the ball on the end of his nose....he wasn't doing much else

Nothing like dancing on a guy’s  grave on his way out with some cheap pot shots and character assassination of a serviceman. Sometimes I agree that Lyin’ Guy wasn’t far off with his “bunch of assholes” comment. Not upset about the cut from a roster point, but the man came in and did whatever was asked of him and did it competently enough, whatever the assessment of the skill of the position or the utility of the roster spot. And he served his country in the military in an elite service branch that makes him deserving at least of thanks and respect instead of mimicry, and makes him as tough if not tougher IMO than any poster on this site, whether they be ex-football player, gym rat, or keyboard comedian wanting to see circus acts or having a laugh at his expense. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Quick, some one find us a military vet with no football talent what so ever! A canadian might be nice this time though...

How hilarious would it be if some one picks jackson up now? Look at you Oday. 

This is going to be a real interesting TC. Lots of starting spots up and some key rep opportunities. A lot of addition by subtraction this off season.