2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Just double checked. He’s been working with non-profits to open up health clinics in Winnipeg. Don’t think the guy was trying to hold the club hostage, just sounds like he needed a certain dollar amount to continue on with football.

Good for him. And as difficult as it is to hang up the cleats, it's probably a good choice 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Pretty nice discount he took to stay in Winnipeg. Are people going to forgive him now for his tweet and stop calling him a selfish teammate?

I think a lot of criticism was that 'it looked like' because of a few tweets that Brady wanted to set a new benchmark for rb's in the league...That obviously wasn't what Brady O was all about or he would've moved on....The man has proved to me it's NOT all about the money and his love for the place he holds near and dear in his heart is Winnipeg and the Bombers...Couldn't ask for more from a talented local kid and glad to know he more than likely will finish his football career here....Good on you Brady

39 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Possibly as a result of his blown-out knee from a few years ago. Kid looked good in limited action last year.

There is already an article on 3rddownnation about this. Its 100% financial. He threatened to retired if he didn't get a raise. The team was willing to negotiate with him but they never ended up agreeing to terms so her retired. I'm not convinced this isn't a negotiating ploy. Have to wait and see if one side caves. Im going to assume that the bombers won't cake in this situation. He would still need to come to camp and earn a starting job vs competition. And the competition is going to be playing more likely for league minimum. There's a lot of tackles with at least one year of pro experience who just came available when the XFL/USFL merged. 

I’m sure we got a few hundred grand left over. Just gotta wonder how much is needed to fill the roster. But when u look at a team like Hamilton and sask handing out insane deals, well, we prob have more left than I think. Even with Zach making more than everyone but Kelly. And you can always release some folks if need be. Maybe Augustine or a guy like that  

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Pretty nice discount he took to stay in Winnipeg. Are people going to forgive him now for his tweet and stop calling him a selfish teammate?

Knowing I'm far away from being a perfect poster and really trying not to be too much of a hypocrite here but by constantly and predictably coming in hot with questions/comments like this across many different discussions, what are you seeking to accomplish? 

Forget it, don't answer that, don't want to derail the fun we are having here. Maybe we can start a new thread on this instead so we can generate a more fulsome discussion to get at varying viewpoints on this.

Or not.

Go Bombers.

Bad news on Richmond and Mason Bennett re-upping in Ham......Was hoping we could land Mason but maybe he was asking for the moon....Oakman would have to be a serious consideration right about now... However the way it looks, Ham. has a lot of cash to burn and ex argo's seem to want to stay east...No word on Janarion's plans...He seems to always be last to sign BUT this Cruickshank kid looks pretty good if he moves on....Still a lot of moves to happen around the league and some fa's of note still hanging around

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’m sure we got a few hundred grand left over. Just gotta wonder how much is needed to fill the roster. But when u look at a team like Hamilton and sask handing out insane deals, well, we prob have more left than I think. Even with Zach making more than everyone but Kelly. And you can always release some folks if need be. Maybe Augustine or a guy like that  

Indicates what a rudderless ship Hamilton actually is in terms of player personnel, they've been throwing money at their D-line every year since they first signed Ja'Gared Davis in 2019.  Same thing over and over, they sign multiple FA stars from other teams searching for solutions, yet never get closer to establishing a top front 4.  Maybe this year will be different now that Ed Hervey is in charge! 😄

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Oakman would be a nice stop gap...give us 2 freaks along the dline and I bet the culture and the room here would set him on the path to a big season...I'd be fine with that

Oakman and kongbo would make me very happy on team friendly deals. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah I just looked at the depth chart. 

Other than preseason he’s been one of the guys that come in for the late season pre post season throw away games. He’s looked real good in those sporadic reps but he’s also been hurt 2-3 times just doing that. 
 Either way it’s next man up. 

34 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Bad news on Richmond and Mason Bennett re-upping in Ham......Was hoping we could land Mason but maybe he was asking for the moon....

He apparently turned down bigger money to stay in Hamilton.  3d says 2 other teams we making offers.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They probably will. However, that does not mean that his tweets weren't subject to criticism.