2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hardrick’s deal will pay him 230.5k in each season. 120k signing bonus. Makes him the highest paid 🇺🇸OL in @CFL. @CFLonTSN

LMFAO

oh my...hhahaha...what an over pay....so funny

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Holy overpay Batman. That's ridiculous.

only way they can aquire established talent...and As much as I love Yosh...what a bad bad contract....Atta boy Oday!!....keep it coming

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Riders are a desperate team and organization, he is nowhere near worth that contract but like I said the dummies are desperate

nailed it!

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

You gotta think they view him as the blindside tackle for that cash which is absolutely bananas 

good luck Riders QB's with that

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I really hope the Gappers sign Betts for 300k . 

well...they have now over paid to have the highest paid olineman....Over payed to pay Lanier as the highest paid defensive player...which is amother joke...may as well over pay for Betts as highest paid Canadian/Defensive player haha...what a clown show....love it!

Just now, wbbfan said:

Imo gray should be a rt. That said, idk if he’s ready for that switch. He struggled at times in pass pro at guard last year. 
 Between he and Richmond we should have a good battle. Let the best guy start. 
 Richmond instantly makes us better in pass pro but arguably worse in run pro. 
 Bryant Neufeld Eli Dobson gray/richmond is the best case scenario. And that is an improvement over last years line. Shouldn’t need a lot of time to gel. 

Gray should be outside.....not sure if he ready fulltime yet.....But withRichmond and the new guy from U of Hawaiii...we more than fine there with a starter and back up

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imo gray should be a rt. That said, idk if he’s ready for that switch. He struggled at times in pass pro at guard last year. 
 Bryant Neufeld Eli Dobson gray/richmond is the best case scenario. And that is an improvement over last years line. Shouldn’t need a lot of time to gel. 

I’d agree I’d it was yoshi circa 2 years ago. 

I meant the $165-175k we were giving/probably offering. 

Thats as high as I would have personally went. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

I meant the $165-175k we were giving/probably offering. 

Thats as high as I would have personally went. 

yup....and what we likely had on table....good for him on soaking the Riders and bidding them up...as there were others interested....too funny tho....Man Rider management is brutal...I sure on Riderfans the see it as fleecing us ahahaha

Sign Schoen and or Brady and really I’m good. I expected some change, be silly to think there wasn’t gonna be any. Hardrick replaced internally. Not a big deal in my opinion. Who else we lose via free agency so far?Nobody we wanted back.  I’m glad they let yoshi go for the amount sask is giving him. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Booch said:

yup....and what we likely had on table....good for him on soaking the Riders and bidding them up...as there were others interested....too funny tho....Man Rider management is brutal...I sure on Riderfans the see it as fleecing us ahahaha

Yoshi probably still asked for Osh's blessing to take the position. He has that level of respect for his coach. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I feel he’s moving on to his engineering career unless he’s not done yet but he’s taking it at U of M or was so. 

not sure he’s back honestly. I’d think he’d have been signed by now if he was coming back. If he’s still in school we are his only option really. 

Doubt Gray is still in school, he started pursuing his Masters in Mechanical Engineering in 2018 after graduating and he's obviously a smart guy, a program like that usually takes 2 years.

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Yoshi probably still asked for Osh's blessing to take the position. He has that level of respect for his coach. 

he definately didnt want to leave here....but for prob 80k more a yr his wife would have shot him if he didnt take it...Happy for him...he will be missed for sure but not a loss by any means at this juncture of his career...and his 160k here will go a long way elsewhere...One G.M makeing tha smart..prudent forward thinking moves...the other...desperate stabs at whatever....with no plan or idea...

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

I’m positive there is rejoicing over there. They paid the $60k “I have to live in Regina” tax to Yoshi. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

So we save how much, $130,000 to $140,000 going from Yoshi to Richmond or the Hawaii guy?

prob a net saving at the position of 70...80k there abouts to use elsewhere...every bit counts...I believe Richmond will essentially be on an entry level deal this yr...or just a smidge above for a courtesy move for sticking with it for 3 yrs here

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’d agree I’d it was yoshi circa 2 years ago. 

Big difference in pass pro from OG to OT. Many very good OTs would struggle at OG and vice versa.

Yoshi would have hit all his incentives last year for 166k.

Richmond can't be on a minimum deal, but we're still probably saving more there than we gave as a raise to Kolankowski.

That plus whatever shave Bryant took and we're saving a little bit along the OL compared to last season, I would think.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

I genuinely would’ve been disappointed to see us bring back Yoshi at 50k a year less than that. 230k is insanity.

I think if the Bombers had offered him 180 he would have re-signed. Just my opinion.

Just now, Jesse said:

Yoshi would have hit all his incentives last year for 166k.

Richmond can't be on a minimum deal, but we're still probably saving more there than we gave as a raise to Kolankowski.

That plus whatever shave Bryant took and we're saving a little bit along the OL compared to last season, I would think.

Richmond technically has never signed an actual yearly contract filed to the league...Just practice roster agreements...so yes....he could be on a minimum deal but I bet we pay him a bit more...insignificant in the grand scheme

Just now, GCn20 said:

I think if the Bombers had offered him 180 he would have re-signed. Just my opinion.

I bet too...but no way were we gonna offer him more than Stan...who took a shave....and truthfully...we kept the right Tackle