2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I'm a fan, so it's great to see JA back - hope they locked him in for 2 years. Got a feeling he might see more of the ball. I see Jeshrun Antwi is still a free agent so who knows how it will all play out ...? 

Antwi re-signed with the Als a few days ago.

10 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

He just needs more touches. Watch.

He’s not going to get them.

You can believe what you want, but this coaching staff has shown again and again that they don’t see him as a starting option. Or even a role player. He’s a special teamer.

26 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Antwi re-signed with the Als a few days ago.

I missed that. Oh well, there's Milanovich-Litre or Thomas Erlington or even an American back if BO prices himself off our roster. If it comes to a choice between keeping one of either a $200k Oliveira or a higher priced receiver such as Schoen - I'd keep Schoen. Also, I'd like to see two QBs in the backfield - Collaros and Streveler. One thing seems pretty clear, Bombers don't have $$ for Oliveira, Schoen and Streveler.

Edited by Doublezero

9 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I missed that. Oh well, there's Milanovich-Litre or Thomas Erlington or even an American back if BO prices himself off our roster. If it comes to a choice between keeping one of either a $200k Oliveira or a higher priced receiver such as Schoen - I'd keep Schoen.

Thomas-Erlington would be decent depth. No thanks to AML. Definitely no to either as starters. 
Either would be roughly the same salary as Augustine though, if not more. 

I think it’s a moot point anyway. I couldn’t see them sticking with a Canadian RB if Olivera goes. 

If it comes down to one or the other, it’s Schoen over Olivera and that’s a no-brainer to me. 

19 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Augustine is your backup RB and special teamer. He's got some great tools - speed mainly. He can gash you if he gets a hole. He's no joke. But not the greatest blocker and I don't think teams are game-planning for him.

I don't know if Bombers called on their RBs to block very often. I mean, if it comes down to needing a blocker in the backfield, what's Damian Jackson - chopped liver? :)

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

I missed that. Oh well, there's Milanovich-Litre or Thomas Erlington or even an American back if BO prices himself off our roster. If it comes to a choice between keeping one of either a $200k Oliveira or a higher priced receiver such as Schoen - I'd keep Schoen. Also, I'd like to see two QBs in the backfield - Collaros and Streveler. One thing seems pretty clear, Bombers don't have $$ for Oliveira, Schoen and Streveler.

Milanovich-Litre could definitely be used in place of Jackson and would be a handy offensive tool, but not as a replacement for Brady.  I like Argo Daniel Adeboboye but it appears he's under contract for at least another year.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

He’s not going to get them.

You can believe what you want, but this coaching staff has shown again and again that they don’t see him as a starting option. Or even a role player. He’s a special teamer.

I agree.  But the same staff also decided to dress Jackson all season, so….

Has anyone ever brought that up? 😬

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Anyone who thinks JA is the answer should see how Tony Pollard did for Dallas this year 

He’d be a good guy to split reps, like what Hamilton used to try to do. Go ni rb extra imp wr package. Or go imp rb or two back etc. home run hitter with an ni pass port. He’s not consistent, he can’t grind out yards, isn’t a capable catcher or blocker. If Augustine becomes the starter people will be off his bandwagon faaast. Just doesn’t work with our o. 

38 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He’d be a good guy to split reps, like what Hamilton used to try to do. Go ni rb extra imp wr package. Or go imp rb or two back etc. home run hitter with an ni pass port. He’s not consistent, he can’t grind out yards, isn’t a capable catcher or blocker. If Augustine becomes the starter people will be off his bandwagon faaast. Just doesn’t work with our o. 

But this staff has refused to do that. Even when Brady was struggling.

To think they're going to give him a starting opportunity is laughable. 

week 1

Brady has 10 carries for 17 and Johnny gets 3 carries for 10.

week 2

Brady 14 for 48 and Johnny 7 for 43.

week 3

Brady 15 for 56, Johnny 2 for 3.

week 4

Brady 7 for 28, Johnny 1 for -1

week 5

7 for 39 for Brady and Johnny 12 for 57

week 6

Brady 9 for 8 and Johnny 7 for 33

So the first 6 weeks of 22, BO is 62 for 176 which is 2.8 ypc and Winnipeg never switched to Augustine as the starting rb. Its not happening. He was 32 for 145 or 4.3 ypc which isn't great either.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

week 1

Brady has 10 carries for 17 and Johnny gets 3 carries for 10.

week 2

Brady 14 for 48 and Johnny 7 for 43.

week 3

Brady 15 for 56, Johnny 2 for 3.

week 4

Brady 7 for 28, Johnny 1 for -1

week 5

7 for 39 for Brady and Johnny 12 for 57

week 6

Brady 9 for 8 and Johnny 7 for 33

So the first 6 weeks of 22, BO is 62 for 176 which is 2.8 ypc and Winnipeg never switched to Augustine as the starting rb. Its not happening. He was 32 for 145 or 4.3 ypc which isn't great either.

This is what I keep saying. 

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Nice!     BO's replacement for next season in case we can't keep him!   6 yards per carry !  Wooo! 

If we have to start Augustine then we're in trouble running the ball. I don't think he's good enough to carry the load 15-20 times a game for 18 games. If Oliveira leaves then watch the Bombers bring in six or 7 American running backs before training camp. The Bombers will make the change in the backfield to an American back during the pre season. Just my prediction. 

9 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Milanovich-LItre? Yikes. He's not the answer. He's not even the question. 

JO is a above average ST guy....doesn't get credit he due

Also is a fine in game injury replacement to back up an Import, or BO ....

Now does this indicate we are gonna let BO test the market and see what his best offer is, and perhaps match...or come close....me gut says yup....

I'd in all honesty tho stop the Canadian bell cow back and use an import there...over half the SMS hit.....get same production if they recruit the right back, and use the same way and also a very likely chance that we field a guy with home run hitting speed....something we have lacked at RB going on 8 yrs now