2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

reason why I stopped posting...comments like that....not sure why i even did today....but thought I would share a few things....

???? I have no idea what your problem with that post is? Just saying that common sense says that Schoen will be back here if our money is in the ball park.

Edited by GCn20

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GCn20 said:

???? I have no idea what your problem with that post is? Just saying that common sense says that Schoen will be back here if our money is in the ball park and that a person does not need inside info to ascertain that.

no...the post u referenced....not u

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

???? I have no idea what your problem with that post is?

He's referring to Noellers response to you, presumably. 

It would be so much cooler if we could talk in person. Messages sometimes come across as very hostile, and probably are just tongue in cheek- joking tone 

Just now, CodyT said:

It would be so much cooler if we could talk in person. Messages sometimes come across as very hostile, and probably are just tongue in cheek- joking tone 

yes

Booch - everyone knows YOU know something. But there are other people, who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and try to make definitive statements about what players think or want.... that make absolutely no sense. 

15 minutes ago, CodyT said:

For sure.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Booch - everyone knows YOU know something. But there are other people, who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and try to make definitive statements about what players think or want.... that make absolutely no sense. 

Noeller you can take it or leave it. If you think my comment makes no sense so be it. I don't think a lot of your hysterics make sense but live and let live. If common sense and everything we know and every comment Schoen has ever made about playing here can't lead you to a reasonable conclusion that's not on me. If you wanna be in panic mode over every single player don't expect us to do the same. That's your perogative but I'm not going to go full on worry wart when there is no reason to do so. Your comment is pretty f-ing rich from a guy who went full on for a couple weeks insisting Walters was replacing Steinhauer. We all saw how much sense that made yet no one was shitty about it. I never once proclaimed to have inside info, but it makes complete and total sense that Schoen isn't leaving here if our money is near as much as whatever the best offer he gets. Why would you even dispute that or call it non-sensical?

Edited by GCn20

Good Luck to Brown in Ottawa (except when we ....you know)....Getting a 5th rounder was better than getting zippo as he was definitely moving on....Savvy move by the Redblacks as they can add a credible contender for the qb. job....along with the other 15 they have in the fold..lol...They can start dumping qb.s now knowing they have some nice potential in Dru

Edited by Stickem

10 minutes ago, BBlink said:

This Barriere fellow sounds like the most exciting QB prospect we've signed in a while. No offense to Brown.

I was about to to post this myself. 

Ottawa ain’t the bombers. They got some issues there. At one point Arbuckle was the second coming also. 

seems when u take the qb out the only system he’s known up north, things can quickly go downhill for that QB. I wish Dru the best tho. 

Ottawa don’t have a vet like collaros in their qb room 

Edited by Goalie

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I was about to to post this myself. 

Ottawa ain’t the bombers. They got some issues there. At one point Arbuckle was the second coming also. 

seems when u take the qb out the only system he’s known up north, things can quickly go downhill for that QB. I wish Dru the best tho. 

Ottawa don’t have a vet like collaros in their qb room 

Masoli?

Seems like there wasn't considerable interest in Brown. Ottawa basically willing to give up a 5th in order to get their QB situation sorted out ahead of free-agency.  Winnipeg took what they could get.

Does anyone know who the team teams are that had the most Canadian snaps last year? Those two teams get an extra 2nd round pick. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Seems like there wasn't considerable interest in Brown. Ottawa basically willing to give up a 5th in order to get their QB situation sorted out ahead of free-agency.  Winnipeg took what they could get.

Does anyone know who the team teams are that had the most Canadian snaps last year? Those two teams get an extra 2nd round pick. 

I'm sure Calgary and Sask were very interested... likely most of the East teams. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm sure Calgary and Sask were very interested... likely most of the East teams. 

Just not interested enough to offer anything higher than a 5th round pick?  Or is it just a case that only Ottawa was willing to offer a guaranteed return whereas other teams were not convinced they'd be able to sign him. The advantage Ottawa has is Masoli will likely not be ready for the start of the season and isn't guaranteed the starting job. That's gotta be appealing to Brown.  He's got a legit shot to start in week 1 and if he performs well they may very well relegate Masoli to backup.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

This Barriere fellow sounds like the most exciting QB prospect we've signed in a while. No offense to Brown.

I never get worked up about QB signings. 

They're all good QBs at the college level, we wouldn't sign them otherwise, but the odds are so stacked against them.  Few of them will be both good enough to make the leap and lucky enough to get the right opportunity at the right time to make that leap.

Edited by johnzo

26 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

This was always the case,  despite a few people on here insisting that Brown would get signed in Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal,  Saskatchewan and Hamilton....      Ottawa was always going to be his only option for a starting job.   

Now people are worried that Dalton is going to follow him.  I highly doubt that Ottawa would drop big money on Rhymes and Dalton with Acklin already on the roster.  I see them targetting whoever they can to help fix that dreadful o-line. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sask. disqualified themselves when they failed miserably to low-ball Harris.  Hufnagel keeps SMS money locked up in a dusty old purse, doling out dimes like a senile grandmother on Christmas day.  Dickie whines for more, but Huff just shakes his finger at him and tells him to behave.

Is the Schoen to Ottawa narrative still intact with the D Rhymes signing? If they pay up to get Schoen as well probably a good receiver or two shake free from Ottawa in the process. We don't need to have Schoen in order to remain viable. I would argue that Streveler is more important because we can't risk a situation where the season is over if Zach gets hurt by going with a bargain-bin backup qb like Prukop. I would sooner have Streveler/Acklin then Prukop/Schoen. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

This was always the case,  despite a few people on here insisting that Brown would get signed in Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal,  Saskatchewan and Hamilton....      Ottawa was always going to be his only option for a starting job.   

Now people are worried that Dalton is going to follow him.  I highly doubt that Ottawa would drop big money on Rhymes and Dalton with Acklin already on the roster.  I see them targetting whoever they can to help fix that dreadful o-line. 

If mbt doesn’t come back I think brown goes to Edmonton. It wasn’t always gonna shake down like this, but ott was the heavy favorite and best fit for both parties. 

19 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I never get worked up about QB signings. 

They're all good QBs at the college level, we wouldn't sign them otherwise, but the odds are so stacked against them.  Few of them will be both good enough to make the leap and lucky enough to get the right opportunity at the right time to make that leap.

I get excited to see them in camp. Some guy just don’t show well and it takes some time for guys to get looks etc. I am very interested to see what the qb depth chart looks like in camp. I’m hoping we get strevy, and maybe bring in one more rook qb for rookie camp. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I would assume that Acklin would be released if they signed Schoen.

I don't think Schoen is going to get anything near 300k as top receivers have got in past years.   That market had been driven up considerably by teams like Edmonton who were so lacking in talent they could afford to overpay for Lawler then Lewis. I also think that Schoen doesn't have the athletic skillset that makes teams salivate at the prospect of adding a guy like Lawler, Lewis, or even Ryhmes.   He's a quality receiver but he doesn't fly off the page and part of his success is based on the team he plays for and his connection with Zack.