Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

thing is...with our poor roster management we had to make 3 moves to cover 1 issue due to an injury, and thats what will happen...confusion and communication errors...It's not about BA not having it anymore...truthfully there is nothing wrong with his game....it's more how we deployed guys...Now if Clements was in Biggies role, and we had Rose on the roster...a smart savy vet...and one who all the DB's say is like a coach on the feild and makes them better as a group...well he steps into Parkers spot...and we aren't having this convo...BA is at safety....we have no communication issues with the corner and half and that play is broken up...picked off over the top or not even there for the taking...

Exactly, we talked about this all season as a potential to bite us in the ass and unfortunately it did at the worst possible time. 

Just now, blue85gold said:

Exactly, we talked about this all season as a potential to bite us in the ass and unfortunately it did at the worst possible time. 

yeah I got moocho abuse about cant do wrong Oshea but I saw this coming all yr...we escaped it a few times luckily, but it did bite us when it mattered

20 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

In terms of players from other teams, I'd love to see Oakman DT in Blue and Gold.

Hoping for a "I'd like to stay in TO" contract for Oakman as he has demonstrated that he still has a gear he can shift into where he can take over a game... but if not, then I am comfortable with his big-name being available as a decoy so we can re-sign the guy on our D-Line who gets no hype or press whatsoever but was very quietly one of the 10 best D-Linemen in the league.

Edited by bluto
sp.

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

Houston has the physical tools but his tendency to play off his man cost the team dearly. 

That's Halls defense. Not Houstons personal choice.

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

Hoping for a "I'd lake to stay in TO" contract for Oakman as he has demonstrated that he still has a gear he can shift into where he can take over a game... but if not, then I am comfortable with his big-name being available as a decoy so we can re-sign the guy on our D-Line who gets no hype or press whatsoever but was very quietly one of the 10 best D-Linemen in the league.

Yeah Oakman fell off a bit this year...can he come back to form in a new environment? Maybe...

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

Hoping for a "I'd like to stay in TO" contract for Oakman as he has demonstrated that he still has a gear he can shift into where he can take over a game... but if not, then I am comfortable with his big-name being available as a decoy so we can re-sign the guy on our D-Line who gets no hype or press whatsoever but was very quietly one of the 10 best D-Linemen in the league.

You presumably mean Hendrix. IMO he's more like top 5, despite getting no all-star recognition. Must be re-signed.

18 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah I got moocho abuse about cant do wrong Oshea but I saw this coming all yr...we escaped it a few times luckily, but it did bite us when it mattered

Not buying it. Guys who busted coverages on the last drive were not playing out of position or moved anywhere, They were in their proper positions. They just blew it.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not buying it. Guys who busted coverages on the last drive were not playing out of position or moved anywhere, They were in their proper positions. They just blew it.

If they hadn't had to play out of position earlier in the game and that last drive wouldn't have mattered. 

Maybe if Rose was on the roster, Parker wouldn't have come back in after being injured earlier. 

Maybe an extra DE on the roster has the Jeffs that much fresher to make a play earlier in the drive. 

Little things add up, especially in a one score game.

6 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Thanks for that...and wow we had Brady at a pretty sweet deal this year! He's looking at what, doubling his salary? I'm thinking AT LEAST a 50k increase.

He signed a two year deal before ever starting a game. He was definitely giving us a ton of value. Too bad we couldn't capitalize. 

7 hours ago, bluto said:

Hendrix?

@bluto He's a gooder- I would have him over Oakman.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

15 hours ago, ddanger said:

Thanks for that...and wow we had Brady at a pretty sweet deal this year! He's looking at what, doubling his salary? I'm thinking AT LEAST a 50k increase.

If Brady thinks his 1,500 plus yards is given for an NFL contract then he should think again. The market in the NFL for a slower, straight ahead power back isn't limitless. He won't write his own ticket. He'll be a second or third down situational back that are younger, just as powerful & have more speed. At best, I see him languishing on the PR of some team next season. Brady is good, don't get me wrong but every college team in the US have fullbacks like Brady. 

22 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Rose was a better cover guy than Houston, and should have been playing instead.

And Houston is better that Parker, who also busted numerous coverages. However, we have seen good games by all of them. Just not in the Grey Cup.

22 hours ago, ddanger said:

160k to 170k sounds about right.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I hope BO proves everyone wrong, makes the NFL and not just as a 3rd stringer on the PR against all odds.

Just like rooting for the guy. He's earned it.

He'll obviously always have a home here if things take a different route.

Everyone would love that. But as fans of the CFL, it's so disheartening seeing a guy languishing on a PR or ST role for more money than he'd get in the CFL, but who could have a long, all-star career in the league. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Everyone would love that. But as fans of the CFL, it's so disheartening seeing a guy languishing on a PR or ST role for more money than he'd get in the CFL, but who could have a long, all-star career in the league. 

Yup, mixed emotions for sure. I was explaining to my wife last night in how the CFL can't compete with the NFL practice roster.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

For sure that is frustrating. I just hope that BO either booms or busts in the NFL so that we get to see him play one way or another.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup, mixed emotions for sure. I was explaining to my wife last night in how the CFL can't compete with the NFL practice roster.

NFL PR money is not steady income, most PR players get cut a few times, jump to different teams and repeat the process, they rarely get promoted to a game day roster for even a few games.  Brady has the option of having a spectacular CFL career or a footnote NFL career.

Edited by Fatty Liver