Grey Cup Party Menu Thead

GCJenks

On 2023-11-12 at 11:00 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Texas nachos. 

7 hours ago, itchy said:

I don't know about you guys but the menu has to include nachos.

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Thanks for the recipe!! Exactly what this thread is all about!! I am gonna try it as well. Gotta get my bacon fix too.

Here’s the recipe for the Texas nachos (inspired by Planet Hollywood in San Antonio):

Tostitos Rounds

fry bacon slices, cut each slice into 1/3 pieces

1/3 bacon strip on each individual Round  big enough to cover the Round without spilling over

grill boneless chicken breast, dice it

diced chicken on the bacon slice

diced tomato beside the chicken on the bacon slice

Bullseye BBQ sauce, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per piece, over the chicken and tomato

shredded marble cheddar atop the BBQ sauce, better to keep the cheese contained to each chip so each can be eaten separately, rather than covering the whole pan

broil until the cheese is melted

serve warm

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Here’s the recipe for the Texas nachos (inspired by Planet Hollywood in San Antonio):

Tostitos Rounds

1/3 bacon strip on each individual Round  big enough to cover the Round without spilling over

shredded marble cheddar atop the BBQ sauce, better to keep the cheese contained to each chip so each can be eaten separately, rather than covering the whole pan

serve warm

I hope you fry that chicken breast in the bacon fat otherwise you're dead to me!

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

We Celebrated with my speciality bbq chicken this past weekend. Sunday needs to be something that requires less of my time and attention. Probably home made pizza and beer - which to me is gourmet.

All us peons need tbh. I'm still planning ,my smoker is out of commission atm. Might do some bacon wrapped something or other.

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

shorts....and an old jersey of mine....blood stains and all will be my attire

MBB needs an 🤘 reaction emoji.

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Had a yen for buying a Christo Bilukidi but could only find an Andy Mulumba.

I've got a sweet vintage royal blue Marinovich jersey that I'll let go for cheap. 

Or if you want something a little more modern, how about a mid-2000s navy Whizzinator?

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

As for current "gamer" jersey.... I had been going with a late 80s Walby for a long time, but it got autographed last year and so now it is retired to the wall

I think I've got one of those!  Is it made of some horrible offgassing plastic material with silkscreened numbers?  I think the brand is Raven?  And there's no nameplate?  

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Among the many MANY things you never ever do to a jersey is wear an autographed one.

Trigger warning:

0U2r8KF8JRwUjoRtPMNaeS6sicbWfg0DAoYXbpGY

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

MBB needs an 🤘 reaction emoji.

I've got a sweet vintage royal blue Marinovich jersey that I'll let go for cheap. 

Or if you want something a little more modern, how about a mid-2000s navy Whizzinator?

LOL, seriously? That's hardcore.

He was an awesome Bomber..... yeah, I remember that DAY.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

this is @17to85 - sincerely concerned after we watched the GC together last year. We have watched many GCs together... only 2019 did we win, and that was in person and we actually weren't sitting together at that game. 

Bad luck guy. Cut him loose or sage him. Sorry 17to85..that's just the way it goes sometimes.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Tostitos Rounds

serve warm

That sounds awesome..my wife would love it too.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Tostitos Rounds

serve warm

That sounds awesome..my wife would love it too.

I have to work sunday until 2....I work law enforcement and will be ditching my uniform for the day and wearing a blank jersey instead under the vest I wear.  I am in northern Alberta and have a small group of die hard fans I work with and they will be coming over.  I can't see much food being ate but we will drink a ton of beer after the game.  I can't watch the game with casual fans, I turn into a complete psycho and don't put up with background chatter.

7 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I have to work sunday until 2....I work law enforcement and will be ditching my uniform for the day and wearing a blank jersey instead under the vest I wear.  I am in northern Alberta and have a small group of die hard fans I work with and they will be coming over.  I can't see much food being ate but we will drink a ton of beer after the game.  I can't watch the game with casual fans, I turn into a complete psycho and don't put up with background chatter.

Love everything about this. And thanks for everything you do every day!

12 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I’ll wear my Jefferson jersey, 11 year old wants a Brady. If he re-signs I’ll get a road Schoen. Wife has a Bighill but usually wears other gear from at home games. 

I have a Brock jersey. 

10 hours ago, johnzo said:

I think I've got one of those!  Is it made of some horrible offgassing plastic material with silkscreened numbers?  I think the brand is Raven?  And there's no nameplate?  

Trigger warning:

0U2r8KF8JRwUjoRtPMNaeS6sicbWfg0DAoYXbpGY

Dude's arms will be cut off if he tries that **** in Hamilton.