East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes

MOBomberFan

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

we did hand them 14 easy points already...then ZC sucked it up and hung over 40 on them...I'm not too worried about it

We actually handed them all 17 points, as the FG was also a result of another turnover in our own end which they promptly went 2 and out and kicked the FG IIRC. In two games this year they have literally driven for 3 points against us. All other points were a result of turnovers.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

I see no reason to believe they can eliminate BO. He has averaged 119.5 yards/6.3 ypc against them this season. They were mid pack in run defence this year, I am not sure why everyone is suddenly thinking they are some run stopping machine all of a sudden.

Yup. Ouellette was running wild on Montreal until the Argos were forced to abandon the run. Brady should have a game.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is on Dinwiddie. He gave Dukes plenty of reps for just this scenario. Kelly goes down or flails, and the coach couldn't pull the trigger. With Dukes going in the second half, I bet they win. 

He didn't take him out because there was no concussion imo. I don't pull Kelly for Dukes either tbh, easy in retrospect to second guess but that is quite the drop off on most days.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup. Ouellette was running wild on Montreal until the Argos were forced to abandon the run. Brady should have a game.

For sure. the Argos committed two turnovers in their first two series inside the Als 10, getting there was primarily on the work of Ouellette. If they had stayed with him in the game plan they probably win.

23 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Chadwick says he had an 'out of his body' experience and left the game to go to the washroom....Now I don't know about you but I think this guy was hanging around with Macbeth for too long....I think he was in the can waiting for a space ship arrival so he could be on his way....My gawd this whole scenario sounds a little crazy....He was concussed and says he didn't know what he was doing....then why the hell were you on the field....Dimwittie should have pulled him ...What a clown show and a dangerous one IF Kelly was actually concussed....which I doubt

Chadwick had committed a pick 6 and stood up and tried to walk a SY 3rd down before he was even touched. I watched the first two series and Montreal had not laid a hand on him up to that point. This is obviously just an excuse for his crap play.

Edited by GCn20

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I see no reason to believe they can eliminate BO. He has averaged 119.5 yards/6.3 ypc against them this season. They were mid pack in run defence this year, I am not sure why everyone is suddenly thinking they are some run stopping machine all of a sudden.

can't see it either...and we know BO is gonna be on a mission...and leave it all out there...especially if he gets boned out of the MOP award for the excuse guy

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

If Montreal wants to go 8 in the box, ZC will go downtown all game long and that is their only shot at containing BO. Lots of people will probably jump on here and say they didn't have Sankey when BO faced them this year. To you, I say check out BO's, and well the whole leagues rushing averages against Sankey last year. He ain't no run stopper or at least not before yards gained.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He didn't take him out because there was no concussion imo. I don't pull Kelly for Dukes either tbh, easy in retrospect to second guess but that is quite the drop off on most days.

For sure. the Argos committed two turnovers in their first two series inside the Als 10, getting there was primarily on the work of Ouellette. If they had stayed with him in the game plan they probably win.

Chadwick had committed a pick 6 and stood up and tried to walk a SY 3rd down before he was even touched. I watched the first two series and Montreal had not laid a hand on him up to that point. This is obviously just an excuse for his crap play.

was gonna say just this....he had made the bulk of the errors before any kind of serious contact...what a loser

1 minute ago, Booch said:

can't see it either...and we know BO is gonna be on a mission...and leave it all out there...especially if he gets boned out of the MOP award for the excuse guy

I have zero worries about BO EVER not showing up for any game. High, high character player. He will be ready and will leave it all out there.

Just now, GCn20 said:

If Montreal wants to go 8 in the box, ZC will go downtown all game long and that is their only shot at containing BO. Lots of people will probably jump on here and say they didn't have Sankey when BO faced them this year. To you, I say check out BO's, and well the whole leagues rushing averages against Sankey last year. He ain't no run stopper or at least not before yards gained.

he's a slower less talented Awe...as Awe has 5x the athleticism of Sankey...

Just now, GCn20 said:

Sankey piles up tackles, but he gets to the play late as he is not very mobile. Teams rush for average against him. It's why not a ton of teams showed much interest in him.

Agreed. Lemon is the one I’m sad that got away. Apparently he wanted to be here and we most certainly could have used him in rotation, he was great for Montreal this season. 

if we were healthy, I'd have absolutely 0 concerns about this game. But no Schoen, no Bighill, and Demski/Bailey running at like 75%, and now possibly Kyrie dinged and less than optimal.... that stuff worries me. Still think we can beat this Als team, even with a very depleted roster. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

if we were healthy, I'd have absolutely 0 concerns about this game. But no Schoen, no Bighill, and Demski/Bailey running at like 75%, and now possibly Kyrie dinged and less than optimal.... that stuff worries me. Still think we can beat this Als team, even with a very depleted roster. 

I know we will.

54 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Montreal is a good team. They won't be worried about playing us like a lot of teams. Beating the top team in the league by wins was huge for them last week. They are deeply invested in the 'Us against the World' storyline. 

We look better in most categories, but Toronto looked better too. I don't think they have the players to beat us straight up, but a couple breaks going their way could tip the scales. 

They have the D to control Brady O and a running game which means it won't be like it was last week against BC. 

Their O is a ton of short shots with the occasional deep shot. They have to hit some of those deep shots to have a shot. 

I'm hoping for a close game, cuz blowouts are boring to me. 

They’re an ok team. They showed it all year long. Win against crappy teams, lose against good teams.

Any given Sunday rule always applies, but it doesn’t make them better than they have shown themselves to be all year long.

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Demski and Bailey will be at near 100% with the extra week. Also, you would be shocked at how much pain a player will play very effectively with in a championship game. Adrenaline is a helluva thing.

Edited by GCn20

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Demski and Bailey will be at near 100% with the extra week. Also, you would be shocked at how much pain a player will play very effectively with in a championship game. Adrenaline is a helluva thing.

not just that lol

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

to be honest...no knock on Biggie but not too concerned about that loss....and it may be an addition by subtraction thing if Osh puts say a Fox....or one of Haba or Garbutt on in his place..

Bailey and Demski will be just fine....even last game we used them sparingly, as to allow even more healing...we will be going in save for Biggie healthy as we have been

Plus Jeffcoat is healthiest he has ever been....and he gonna have a game

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If Biggie is out there it is because he can play at the level he is used to. He's not selfish. If he ain't ready he won't go.

I don't want to call him selfish. But I think his warrior mentality might have him (and MOS) convinced that he has to be out there for his brothers. And if he can get himself to 70% or something, he'll force himself out there.

And that's what I don't want. 

Anyone follow Chad Kelly in college? His behaviour there could indicate whether to give him the benefit of the doubt on whether this is an excuse or not.

For someone without a prior history of excuses and dirtbag behaviour, I could totally see not informing the team of a concussion. Nobody wants to be pulled in the playoffs, even though informing coaches is the right thing to do. If someone like Collaros said it, I'd believe him, but still think it is odd he couldn't stay on the field to shake hands after playing 3 quarters of football with a concussion.

23 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Anyone follow Chad Kelly in college? His behaviour there could indicate whether to give him the benefit of the doubt on whether this is an excuse or not.

For someone without a prior history of excuses and dirtbag behaviour, I could totally see not informing the team of a concussion. Nobody wants to be pulled in the playoffs, even though informing coaches is the right thing to do. If someone like Collaros said it, I'd believe him, but still think it is odd he couldn't stay on the field to shake hands after playing 3 quarters of football with a concussion.

Dude was booted from Clemson for conduct detrimental to the team

"He has had a pattern of behavior that is not consistent with the values of our program," Swinney said. "I hope he will mature and grow from this and become the man and player I know he can be. I wish him nothing but the best in the future academically and athletically."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/10782554/clemson-tigers-dismiss-qb-chad-kelly-conduct-detrimental-team

Dude pled guilty to pleaded guilty to misdemeanor second-degree criminal trespassing.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/23/broncos-qb-chad-kelly-arrested/

He's a self-entitled, dbag.