East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes

MOBomberFan

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Would this be the biggest choke job in the play offs in the last ten years or so?  

Not imo. The Argos had a great record but really were ripe for this. I, and others on this site, saw this as a strong possibility and it wasn't just based on wishful thinking.

The Argos had by far the softest schedule this year, hadn't played meaningful football in 2 months and chose to protect their QB from facing any adversity after LD...a 1st year starter no less. My question to Bluto was how could Dinwiddie prepare his 1st year starter less for the huge jump in play that happens come playoffs. Answer...he couldn't.. it was truly awful how RD handled the back half and made this result not only possible but probable.

COTY? My ass.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Not imo. The Argos had a great record but really were ripe for this. I, and others on this site, saw this as a strong possibility and it wasn't just based on wishful thinking.

The Argos had by far the softest schedule this year, hadn't played meaningful football in 2 months and chose to protect their QB from facing any adversity after LD...a 1st year starter no less. My question to Bluto was how could Dinwiddie prepare his 1st year starter less for the huge jump in play that happens come playoffs. Answer...he couldn't.. it was truly awful how RD handled the back half and made this result not only possible but probable.

COTY? My ass.

Dinwiddie left his qb out to dry. There was no help for the guy from any coaches. They just left him in to get beat down. I've never seen anything like it. Dinwiddie is the OC but have you ever seen the guy actually engage his players? Especially his strruggling qb? The Argos got what they deserved. They prepared to play this way. Took the easy way out the last 9 games. The way I see it, the Argos thought that the Als would just lie down for them. Dinwiddie had his head up his ass all season. The whole team did. Especially after Labour Day.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Some real facts:

Dinwiddie:            Probable COTY:                                    Spit.

Ouelette:               The Best RB in the CFL:                        Spit.

Kelly:                     Probable MOP Over Oliveira:               Spit. 

Kelly:                     Named All Canadian QB:                      Spit. 

Kelly:                     All Star Over Collaros:                           Spit. 

Argos:                   Best Team All Time:                               Spit.

Argos:                   Better Than The Bombers:                    Spit. 

TSN:                      Constant Argos Whoring:                     Spit. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Oof, this was prescient:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/kelly-the-cream-of-the-crop-rises-when-it-s-crunch-time~2805261

Choke Kelly on the wrong side of the competitive cliché.

I don't hate Chad Kelly. What I hate is TSN & the Eastern media not only constantly pumping him & the Argos tires at the expense of 2 quarterbacks out west who had better seasons. Vernon Adams & Zach Collaros. The constant cheering for Kelly didn't solidify him with love from the fans across the league. What it did was turn a good story of a guy playing very well resurrecting his career & leading his team to first place in the East. So, when he failed miserably yesterday fans from other teams cheered & laughed. All because of the charge led by TSN. It really is unfortuante as the CFL needs good young qbs who can play. Kelly can play. Compare him to guys like Taylor Cornelius with the Elks, the Stamps Jake Maier, Riders Vince Dolegala as well as Dustin Crum in Ottawa & the miserable seasons they had.

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

COTY? My ass.

Yup....called it... coasted when u shouldn't.....ate up their press clippings...beat up on ham and ott 7 times...coddled and protected a QB who is slightly above average at best....seen this coming a mile away

4 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Oof, this was prescient:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/kelly-the-cream-of-the-crop-rises-when-it-s-crunch-time~2805261

Choke Kelly on the wrong side of the competitive cliché.

That aged well hahaha

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't hate Chad Kelly. What I hate is TSN & the Eastern media not only constantly pumping him & the Argos tires at the expense of 2 quarterbacks out west who had better seasons. Vernon Adams & Zach Collaros. The constant cheering for Kelly didn't solidify him with love from the fans across the league. What it did was turn a good story of a guy playing very well resurrecting his career & leading his team to first place in the East. So, when he failed miserably yesterday fans from other teams cheered & laughed. All because of the charge led by TSN. It really is unfortuante as the CFL needs good young qbs who can play. Kelly can play. Compare him to guys like Taylor Cornelius with the Elks, the Stamps Jake Maier, Riders Vince Dolegala as well as Dustin Crum in Ottawa & the miserable seasons they had.

Yup....sadly now we are going to have to hear all week about the Faj come back story and redemption for all the bashers....and how Maciocca did a masterful job when so much ownership uncertainty

Yet will prob get hardly a word on first team in over 40 yrs to go to 4 straight cups

Hardly a word on ZC being first QB to start 4 straight Grey Cups

Not a mention on masterful work Walters has done to keep this core together for 4 yrs...like how many guys have been here for all 4??

Also we have several guys who have never NOT been to a grey cup

Focus on some of that TSN but we know we won't get it...cause they suck

We will prob get some feature on the historical Argos tho..and how they just missed out but will be back next yr

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yup....sadly now we are going to have to hear all week about the Faj come back story and redemption for all the bashers....and how Maciocca did a masterful job when so much ownership uncertainty

Yet will prob get hardly a word on first team in over 40 yrs to go to 4 straight cups

Hardly a word on ZC being first QB to start 4 straight Grey Cups

Not a mention on masterful work Walters has done to keep this core together for 4 yrs...like how many guys have been here for all 4??

Also we have several guys who have never NOT been to a grey cup

Focus on some of that TSN but we know we won't get it...cause they suck

We will prob get some feature on the historical Argos tho..and how they just missed out but will be back next yr

Collaros, Bighill, Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Thomas, Gauthier, Demski, Bailey, Bryant, Hardrick, Neufeld, Gray, Brady have all been here for 4 years, I think.