GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions

MOBomberFan

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think a shout out to Malik Clements is deserved. Had a very tough assignment jumping in for Biggie yesterday on a big stage and played great.

Clements has been really good all year. Had an injury that took him out and Wilson came back but not worried at all because od how good that guy has been this year.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think he's done for the season.

I bet he is only on the 1 game ir

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Edmonton 6 in a row in the 70s and 80s. Hamilton 5 in a row in the 60s. Winnipeg 4 in a row. Dynasty.

The Bombers technically did 7 in a row, in games they were allowed to appear in. They were in the Cup in 1937, 38, and 39 (won that year), would have gone in 1940 but for being banned by Rugby Union rules (they won the West championship again that season), went back in 1941 (won), season cancelled due to WW2  from 1942-44 (although the RCAF Bombers played in 1942 and 43), and then they appeared in 1945,46, and 47. 

Really liked that 3-3 front with Kramdi and Alexander kind of playing more like US style safeties.  Really hard to figure where rush is coming from and really easy to disguise coverages in that look.  Really makes it impossible for QB to read much pre-snap.  Which is ideal against guys like Adams and Fajardo.  Also good at spying/containing scrambling QB.

6 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I've got a question. Does anyone know what the deal was on Holm's late-game INT return. It looked like he "gave up" at the end. Why did he throw the ball up as he did? Had the whistle been blown (play dead because he was in the grasp?)

I wondered that too.  Is a really odd decision to just stop at the 5-yard line and not go down.  I think the ref blew the whistle, none of us heard it cuz it was too damn loud in the stadium.  

Selfishly I wish he had scored cuz I was touch down starved... But I was more than elated knowing that the bombers booked their ticket to the Grey Cup!

Edited by captaincanuck12

4 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I wondered that too.  Is a really odd decision to just stop at the 5-yard line and not go down.  I think the ref blew the whistle, none of us heard it cuz it was too damn loud in the stadium.  

Selfishly I wish she had scored cuz I was touch down starved... But I was more than elated knowing that the bombers booked their ticket to the Grey Cup!

I heard after he was told to go down to kill the time 

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Really liked that 3-3 front with Kramdi and Alexander kind of playing more like US style safeties.  Really hard to figure where rush is coming from and really easy to disguise coverages in that look.  Really makes it impossible for QB to read much pre-snap.  Which is ideal against guys like Adams and Fajardo.  Also good at spying/containing scrambling QB.

Hall dialed up another playoff beauty. Man that guy has cards up his sleeve every year. Such an under rated DC.

9 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Selfishly I wish she had scored cuz I was touch down starved... But I was more than elated knowing that the bombers booked their ticket to the Grey Cup!

Just staying inbounds to kill clock.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I heard after he was told to go down to kill the time 

Holm seemed caught off guard by Adams' feeble tackle attempt. It was like Adams was just lying there, weakly clutching onto Holm's ankle. Holm was probably scouting for a lateral option, but why did it go airborne? Bizarre end to a great play 

3 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

For real. Vaj was running for his life all game. Back end played lights out. 

Dominant D every year in the playoffs with tons of looks we don't see all year. It's why I don't even sweat what our D looks like in the regular season..lol.

5 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Holm seemed caught off guard by Adams' feeble tackle attempt. It was like Adams was just lying there, weakly clutching onto Holm's ankle. Holm was probably scouting for a lateral option, but why did it go airborne? Bizarre end to a great play 

Holm needs to work on his laterals for sure. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, ddanger said:

I'm sure you guys have noticed, but I haven' seen an comments about the limited role Jake Thomas had yesterday. I'm wondering if this is the end of his career 

And no Bennett....but Thomas role should have evaporated last yr in all honesty...we were fast...active and aggressive yesterday...2 things he lacks in spades

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Tsn must be losing their minds. And it looks good on then. Too much trying to push a narrative by them. Now it's all gone out the window. 

Must be scrambling now to create new grey cup week content as their 2 darlings bowed out like the true posers they were

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I think a shout out to Malik Clements is deserved. Had a very tough assignment jumping in for Biggie yesterday on a big stage and played great.

He's been good all yr really...he has really progressed from last yr...I have no worries with him and Cole...and both are effective off the edge too which limits Bennetts use

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

And no Bennett....but Thomas role should have evaporated last yr in all honesty...we were fast...active and aggressive yesterday...2 things he lacks in spades

Must be scrambling now to create new grey cup week content as their 2 darlings bowed out like the true posers they were

He's been good all yr really...he has really progressed from last yr...I have no worries with him and Cole...and both are effective off the edge too which limits Bennetts use

Yea..I mean we lose Biggie and his leadership and experience, but Malik is certainly as physically capable as Biggie against the pass. Hopefully he can handle the run as well.

Pretty sure Biggie will be at Malik's hotel room a lot this week going over tape with him.

Edited by GCn20

Defensively, aside from that first-half ending play, the Bombers played a tremendous game. Kudos to Coach Hall and, of course, the players who "practiced what the coach preached". Offensively, I thought that Coach Pierce's play calling was excellent in the first half especially when the O-line was overpowering BC's D-line and Olveira was running with authority. However, once BC adjusted their D to basically neutralize Oliveira in the second half, Pierce did not seem to adjust the O to BC's adjustment, in my opinion. It seemed like for every first down play, the Bombers insisted on pounding Oliveira into the line for a lot fewer yards than in the first half.  Don't get me wrong. I'm a long-time Bomber fan and am absolutely thrilled that they're going to Steeltown for the GC but I was disappointed with Buck's play calling in the second half. 

Go Bombers Go!

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

B.C. receivers must have been covered really well.

I cant tell, cause cant see it on tv, but had to be the case.

adams consistently must have had nobody to throw to.

Right? On many plays he had some time to throw the ball. Speaks to the DBs and the Bombers controlled rush. You knew the rush was going to get there, but they were very disciplined 

And we at times timed the rush down to keep him in the pocket to try and figure out where to go past that first read...and he couldn't and then we squeezed down on him...and he was rendered useless

Just now, BBlink said:

Right? On many plays he had some time to throw the ball. Speaks to the DBs and the Bombers controlled rush. You knew the rush was going to get there, but they were very disciplined 

Yup...just what I was saying....

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We were dropping Wilson and Clements into coverage a ton. We gave him no clear passing lanes. Masterful job.

honestly... might be a rope a dope thing.

kept this defence scheme under wraps all season, pull it out now.

so cool.  belichickian. 

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

I read it and i will say it, dynasty. No matter what happens this Grey cup we have now played in 4 Grey Cups in a row,that my friends is a dynasty.  This team is special lets enjoy it while we can. There was a song included in the Oilers 80s dynasty video that sang " this is a time to remember cause it will not last forever" thanks big blue for another trip to the Grey Cup! 😊

I'll run through a wall for you

51 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I've got a question. Does anyone know what the deal was on Holm's late-game INT return. It looked like he "gave up" at the end. Why did he throw the ball up as he did? Had the whistle been blown (play dead because he was in the grasp?)

Whistle had gone for sure. Gave himself up to just run the clock out. Looked like Walker could have blown up Vaj too and Holm would have walked in.