East Semi Final Game Thread

bluto

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not really sure what the operations cap has to do with anything.  More of a natural evolution of an organization.  Teams aren't leaving the GM's unsigned to make sure they have a LB coach and a RB coach.  There's a lot more to it.

I think the Coaches cap has everything to do with it. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Good thing about the Hamilton failure.....Quite likely Bennet and Kongbo will walk.....especially since neither saw the field all game for most part

Kongbo is injured, not dressed.

But for Bennett, they flipped the ratio to get the 3 import ends on and clearly don't see him as good enough to get reps in that rotation.  So not sure why he'd stick around unless Hamilton cleans house.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Good thing about the Hamilton failure.....Quite likely Bennet and Kongbo will walk.....especially since neither saw the field all game for most part

WTF was Steinhauer thinking today??? Especially at qb?? Just brutal. There has to be fallout from his personnel decisions. He can't just shrug his shoulders & say "next year" anymore. Ti Cat fans will not accept it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kongbo is injured, not dressed.

But for Bennett, they flipped the ratio to get the 3 import ends on and clearly don't see him as good enough to get reps in that rotation.  So not sure why he'd stick around unless Hamilton cleans house.

Bennett is an fa ....I'd say he'd be definitely on our radar....bring him home

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

WTF was Steinhauer thinking today??? Just brutal. There has to be fallout from his personnel decisions. He can't just shrug his shoulders & say "next year". Ti Cat fans will not accept it. 

Look, it was Steinhauer who recruited an injury-plagued and ageing BLM and signed him to a 3-year $1.62 million deal. Young Taylor Powell is prob the best QB on that team right now. So ya, Hamilton braintrust lacking. 

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think Steinauer get's canned and Bo decides to retire before he gets cut.

Steinhauer has so many titles it'll have to be a palace coup in Hamilton to get rid of him. But I think they have to clean house. It's obvious that Steinhauer will never win a championship as Ti Cat Head Coach. 

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Oshea even hinted at one of his press conferences this week that he might not be about to retain all his coaches due to the cap.

Good for guys if they get opportunities at Power 5 schools in the states or NFL.  On our current staff maybe you'd be worried about losing Costello or Boudreau.  The rest don't really have resumes that would get them into the big schools right away.  Costello is a disciple of Wylie which gives him a lot of cred, and he performs well at a lot of big coaching clinics.  Great speaker.  

As for the CFL, I like the level playing field.  Assistant coaches aren't getting paid anywhere but the top of NCAA or NFL.  Wife's cousin is DC/position coach in the Northern Sun which is D2 in the US.  There's only 3 paid coaches on the staff and only one is a full-time spot, combined with a professor job in the Phys Ed faculty.  He's worked in a couple FCS conferences too, which is what used to be 1-AA, where guys like Lapo came from, more paid coaches there but like head coach and coordinators in six figures at the big programs the rest get paid as part-timers.  If they can make money off running camps and stuff can avoid getting another real job.

I'm not too worried about the CFL missing out on coaching talent.  It's still quite clearly the 3rd best spot to coach in the world behind NFL and very top of NCAA, and the best spot for Canadian coaches.

4 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Look, it was Steinhauer who recruited an injury-plagued and ageing BLM and signed him to a 3-year $1.62 million deal. Young Taylor Powell is prob the best QB on that team right now. So ya, Hamilton braintrust lacking. 

Powell isn't even dressed. Thay have Kai Lockley doing short yardage. There's another qb who is wasting a roster spot. Powell should be playing. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe Ritchie Hall retires? 

I kind of hope he does tbh. Losing out on Younger at DC for Hall’s last year(s) would be pretty rough. 
IMO Younger will be a co-ordinator next season one way or the other 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Man if we lose Walters to Hamilton, that is big big trouble....

Has there been any legit talk of this anywhere? Or just because he hasn’t signed a new deal?