Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

not sure how we will finish...but yes we have regressed as a team based on what we have seen....saying otherwise is not truly watching...never said that want us to lose....saying we are truly wasting a DA position....any denyiung that is sticking yer noodle in the dirt and not seeing it.

Who here says we are as good or dominate as last yr...let alone better?....nobody should be

pf: 32.69 pa: 20.23

pf: 29.88 pa: 20.55

The stats say we are better this year, do you not remember last year we had several games early on that could have gone either way but we managed to pull through, perhaps even undeservingly? I for one do not think the sky is falling. I’ll take this years O any day over last season. We have a better version of Brady, and Lawler. 

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Let's hope so. I don't want him to go out there and lay an egg and prove the coaches were right to keep him on PR that's for sure.

I looked over our last 4 years of depth charts and saw a pretty interesting pattern. In all the past 4 seasons Osh would play lean at the DL until the last month and then started adding DL to the roster as the playoffs approached. Quite possible we see this again.

Yeah, I was thinking this as well- like he is conditioning his Dline or something.

Just now, Booch said:

not sure how we will finish...but yes we have regressed as a team based on what we have seen....saying otherwise is not truly watching...never said that want us to lose....saying we are truly wasting a DA position....any denyiung that is sticking yer noodle in the dirt and not seeing it.

Who here says we are as good or dominate as last yr...let alone better?....nobody should be

I do. We are just not as consistent. There is a difference. I say this year's team is the most capable of winning any given Sunday. Now they need to get into the right head space to consistently make it happen. That's not head in the sand, or denial of any sort. When we are on our game, this team is damn near unbeatable. Yes, we are wasting a roster spot on Jackson. No one has said otherwise. The fact is we are still able to finish 15-3 with both higher point output, and lower points against than last year. Did we lose a couple that we shouldn't have...yup...did we do that last year? yup. I'm sorry but all season you guys have been harping on roster management and we all get it but suggesting this team somehow isn't as good and is regressing is nonsense. We are every bit as good as last year talent wise. Last year we brought it every game, this year we have had some poor weeks of prep and mental let down. This week last year we got smoked by Hamilton....absolutely taken behind the woodshed and beaten like a rented mule. Teams, even great ones, have those kind of games sometimes. 

I want us to be perfect as much as anyone, but realistically it's not going to happen. I see a veteran laden club who has showed up to every big game this year in a BIG way. 50 and 40 burgers numerous times this season. 

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Wait- I thought you said it was nothing and just a vet day off?

has been in the past.....and he played the entire game so you would have figured so....but who knows what and why.....this yr it's hard to see the what and why

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

pf: 32.69 pa: 20.23

pf: 29.88 pa: 20.55

The stats say we are better this year, do you not remember last year we had several games early on that could have gone either way but we managed to pull through, perhaps even undeservingly? I for one do not think the sky is falling. I’ll take this years O any day over last season. We have a better version of Brady, and Lawler. 

Completely agree. After a rough start our defence has been excellent too. I am not seeing it either. I see a team that has had more mental lapses than past years, but that's not a talent issue. Guys are taking a single issue, that has existed through our entire Grey Cup runs, and for some reason have decided this year is different. This year it's important and our team is not as good. I call BS on that. I don't like Osh's roster management any more than the next guy but he has proven he can win Grey Cups despite this short coming that has been happening for years, and he always somehow comes around to fixing late in the season.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah..thats it...he conditioned Jeffcoat right onto the IR lol

Puhlease....stop it with that crap. Jeffcoat and our defence barely saw the field last game. If you are trying to blame an injury in the DL trenches last week on roster management you are taking it too far. Our guys barely broke a sweat.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Completely agree. After a rough start our defence has been excellent too. I am not seeing it either. I see a team that has had more mental lapses than past years, but that's not a talent issue. Guys are taking a single issue, that has existed through our entire Grey Cup runs, and for some reason have decided this year is different. This year it's important and our team is not as good. I call BS on that. I don't like Osh's roster management any more than the next guy but he has proven he can win Grey Cups despite this short coming that has been happening for years, and he always somehow comes around to fixing late in the season.

Puhlease....stop it with that crap. Jeffcoat and our defence barely saw the field last game. If you are trying to blame an injury in the DL trenches last week on roster management you are taking it too far. Our guys barely broke a sweat.

get a grip...did u not see the LOL???!?!?!?!?!!?

Man some people on here so ultra sensitives...I even said last game defence barely saw the field....you have your take...I have mine...is what it is...no need to get yer panties in a wad...or briefs....not sure your choice

I don't see why they don't have Burtenshaw or Kelly on the roster instead of Schmekel. Fox or Garbutt make more sense than Jackson. For those defending Jackson, he's not in on offense other than short yardage and the occasional snap. If you watch his defensive snaps, he gives you nothing. Oh well, same thing every week.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Darn & just when I thought you may be a legit new member here. You obviously changed your name & now we don't know who you were before which is a cowardly way of doing things on a social media site. I don't think I deserved what you said as I barely acknowledged you were here before. i

If you were following my converstaion with Gordo you'd know he questioned why I wanted to know about player injuries & basically said it's no one's business, including mine. Yet there he was barely a day later speculating on who may or may not play based on an injury practice report. So, I asked him why he suddenly cared. I was just carrying on our discussion albeit on another thread. Finally, to answer your question, No I don't. I'm especially glad that I'm not you. 

Constantly belly aching every week about injury designations and feeling personally disrespected by O'Shea's curt approach can become quite tiring. My suggestion, my friend, is to give positivity a chance and see how it can improve your day.

37 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe we’ll see a pissed of Haba who plays so well they have no choice but to keep him on the roster. I don’t want to see this guy on the PR ever again. 

For sure! Hope he tears it up and they have to keep him on. Be great to have some youth off the edge with the Jeffs

I'd rather have Jeffcoat available  to play against the Argos and Lions than against the Ti Cats.  For the moment I'll take this as just a maintenance game for him. The argument that our defence was hardly on the field doesn't mean he didn't actually get injured. It only takes one play. We'll see if he is back for the game against the Argos. He's a difference maker. OTOH looking forward to seeing Haba play again, he may be part of our future.

I see Murphy got added to the 6 game IR and he was hardly on the field in his 1st game.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Hopefully haba plays well enough they can't take him out. Jackson might wear a lotnof hats but he doesn't excel at any of them. You can get away with that as a bottom of the depth chart Canadian but not an American.

If Jackson was a Dean Lytle...who actually was usefull in the offence then I'd be more ok with it..as thats the only time I ever recall the Bombers using an American there...tho He was actually rostered and not a DA

But he is not, and never will be...and as a fan....and a paying one, would rather see the best lineup game in and game out...not guys playing who shouldn't be...or are rewarded just cause...Guys who are busting their ass in practice too...and can't get a sniff you can bet your bottom dollar see it as well....sure they won't grumble out loud, but I can assure you probably are none too happy about it...who would be?

Haba played very, VERY well before injury, and to not be able to get back in lineup where he would add to the team's success and make them even more dominant over all (which should have been a no-brainer) over a FB whom if not dressed you would not even see a difference is been baffling 

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

get a grip...did u not see the LOL???!?!?!?!?!!?

Man some people on here so ultra sensitives...I even said last game defence barely saw the field....you have your take...I have mine...is what it is...no need to get yer panties in a wad...or briefs....not sure your choice

Ok...sorry...didn't notice the lol. My bad.

21 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

I'd rather have Jeffcoat available  to play against the Argos and Lions than against the Ti Cats.  For the moment I'll take this as just a maintenance game for him. The argument that our defence was hardly on the field doesn't mean he didn't actually get injured. It only takes one play. We'll see if he is back for the game against the Argos. He's a difference maker. OTOH looking forward to seeing Haba play again, he may be part of our future.

I see Murphy got added to the 6 game IR and he was hardly on the field in his 1st game.

Yea...only takes a single play or 4. Just ask Aaron Rodgers. I think they mentioned during the game that Jeffcoat was nursing a sore hip as well.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Jackson was a Dean Lytle...who actually was usefull in the offence then I'd be more ok with it..as thats the only time I ever recall the Bombers using an American there...tho He was actually rostered and not a DA

But he is not, and never will be...and as a fan....and a paying one, would rather see the best lineup game in and game out...not guys playing who shouldn't be...or are rewarded just cause...Guys who are busting their ass in practice too...and can't get a sniff you can bet your bottom dollar see it as well....sure they won't grumble out loud, but I can assure you probably are none too happy about it...who would be?

Haba played very, VERY well before injury, and to not be able to get back in lineup where he would add to the team's success and make them even more dominant over all (which should have been a no-brainer) over a FB whom if not dressed you would not even see a difference is been baffling 

Absolutely Haba did a great job when he has been in this season. I will be watching his run gaps closely this week. Not because I think he is doing anything wrong there or anything, just to see if maybe that is a reason we have been sitting him?

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

I recall an American FB by the name of Sellers but he was something else all together.

Wouldn't be surprised that once JJ is back Cole drops off the roster if Haba plays lights out.  Love Cole but how many import LBs do they need with Clements and Wilson on.

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I recall an American FB by the name of Sellers but he was something else all together.

Wouldn't be surprised that once JJ is back Cole drops off the roster if Haba plays lights out.  Love Cole but how many import LBs do they need with Clements and Wilson on.

Sellers was a given....hence not mentioning him...he was a force and a main piece of the offence...Lytle was more a role guy...but very useful

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Ok...sorry...didn't notice the lol. My bad.

Yea...only takes a single play or 4. Just ask Aaron Rodgers. I think they mentioned during the game that Jeffcoat was nursing a sore hip as well.

Absolutely Haba did a great job when he has been in this season. I will be watching his run gaps closely this week. Not because I think he is doing anything wrong there or anything, just to see if maybe that is a reason we have been sitting him?

all good...I ssumed it got by you as you are not one of the blind squirel chasing a nut posters lol

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Well they finally beefed up the D-line but not the way anyone hoped.  4 DT's suggest we might see Walker on the edge more helping out.

but a healthy dose of Schmekcle would be counter productive to that tho...Thomas is okay for limited reps...but heavy rotation of those 2 up the gut won't be ideal...Maybe Bennet will step up his game and show he belongs...I have seen a bit of progress from him....minimal but it's better than nothing...Maybe we can get him and Mason Bennet mixed up and we take him back home with us lol

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

Booch is pissed off, Haba is probably happy to start.

If i was Haba I'd be pissed off that I wasn't in lineup...for no real reason other than..............???..

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Everyone keeps saying Jackson is useless, but I sure see his number a ton as Brady runs through a hole he is helping to create. Maybe anybody could do what he does, I don't know, but useless seems harsh.

He's hardly on the field on O.

Most snaps he's taken is 14 in a game.