Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT

JCon

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

It's our turn to have a QB...that no one has any film on.

TBH - Brown's play looked largely like Buck didn't really change much in the playbook when the QB swapped... and Brown was so composed... eye's downfield, multiple reads, Definitely not pulling the ball early and running.

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Leagues better then a guy who stuck in the NFL for a few years despite having the unfortunate experience of running lame trick plays that LaPo saddled him with?

Strev could always pass, it was only when LaPo decided to overthink and create Mike Kelly like plays around him.

He's not in the NFL to pass.  Get real.  I've fought for the guy on here but he could never put up a game like this.

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Biggest Bomber comeback since 1994, even bigger than Jyles on Thanksgiving cleaning up in Alex Brink first ever start in 2010.

Oliviera outgained Kevin Brown even with that 65 yarder Brown had to start the game.

He has over 700 yards now at midway point ..solid first half 

Just now, greenrider55 said:

FWIW if it is Zach’s neck rather than his concussions… his neck was the major issue, as it is for many who suffer multiple concussions. I still think he’s out 2-3 weeks at max, if that. But it’s a scary hit with the way his head twisted.

Watch, the CFL will fine the player who took Zach out next week but he wasn't penalized. And it'll be just another day in the monkey **** CFL Command Centre & reffing. .

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Not sure if this has been talked about... But did anyone else hate the call by Richie Hall to blitz everyone when the Elks were still in their own end? We have all of the momentum. We seemingly have Tre Ford figured out. And then you call something risky like that? Bleh. Got them to 29 points

I'm with you. Houston's execution was poor but the call was boneheaded.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watch, the CFL will fine the player who took Zach out next week but he wasn't penalized. And it'll be just another day in the monkey **** CFL Command Centre & reffing. .

If they took one second to look at Ealy’s history in the NFL, they’d see a history of cheap shots there too. It was such a blatant head shot, I have no idea how that call is made. 

47 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Of course TSN shows the highlights of Ford... But conveniently skipped the first two touchdowns of Dru Brown.   

The more he plays the more defenses will take away those flukey plays Ford had throwing the ball tonight. He can't throw worth **** & yet he torched us for 160 some yards. Soon, Cornelius will be back as starting qb. I don't mean anything bad for the kid but I hate us giving up basically free plays for Ford because our defensive calls. scheming & tackling was so bad. Then TSN pumps his tires as this great new talent. It wasn't what he did per se but what we gave up to him defensively because we sucked. 

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Not sure if this has been talked about... But did anyone else hate the call by Richie Hall to blitz everyone when the Elks were still in their own end? We have all of the momentum. We seemingly have Tre Ford figured out. And then you call something risky like that? Bleh. Got them to 29 points

The alignment was a dead giveaway. Should've at least try to disguise the blitz as it was so easily picked up. Play well executed by Edmonton but not by us.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He's not in the NFL to pass.  Get real.  I've fought for the guy on here but he could never put up a game like this.

I know his actual game playing time was limited, but during his 2022 pre season dream run and the limited times he's seen the field he was primarily passing.   The NFL doesn't bring up guys strictly to run sneaks and trick plays.   

Strev has all the physical tools and 5 years ago he was able to get on the field and make quick decisions and place balls in areas where only the receivers could catch while in stride.   I would only imagine hes improved with top tier training so he'd be even better then what we saw back in the day.   

I also wouldn't say "never" put up a game like this,  I'm pretty sure a Grey Cup winning QB who has gone to the NFL for 3- 4 years can come back and put up a great game.  We've seen flash in the pan QB's in this league put up big numbers with far inferior talent surrounding them and also not playing against the worst team possibly in CFL history.   

I hope Brown keeps it up because last season he did show well and I was somewhat worried since he looked bad in this years pre season.  I'm also hoping that he doesn't show too well and Edmonton or Ottawa do not offer him a massive contract to start for them whenver his contract is up.  It would be nice to have a future plan at QB who can take over once ZC calls it quits (assuming that Strev doesn't come back to the CFL).  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I know his actual game playing time was limited, but during his 2022 pre season dream run and the limited times he's seen the field he was primarily passing.   The NFL doesn't bring up guys strictly to run sneaks and trick plays.   

Strev has all the physical tools and 5 years ago he was able to get on the field and make quick decisions and place balls in areas where only the receivers could catch while in stride.   I would only imagine hes improved with top tier training so he'd be even better then what we saw back in the day.   

I also wouldn't say "never" put up a game like this,  I'm pretty sure a Grey Cup winning QB who has gone to the NFL for 3- 4 years can come back and put up a great game.  We've seen flash in the pan QB's in this league put up big numbers with far inferior talent surrounding them and also not playing against the worst team possibly in CFL history.   

I hope Brown keeps it up because last season he did show well and I was somewhat worried since he looked bad in this years pre season.  I'm also hoping that he doesn't show too well and Edmonton or Ottawa do not offer him a massive contract to start for them whenver his contract is up.  It would be nice to have a future plan at QB who can take over once ZC calls it quits (assuming that Strev doesn't come back to the CFL).  

Caring about pre-season is your first mistake.  Find a game where a backup came in down 22-0 basically at the start of the 2nd quarter and pulled it out with 4 TD passes.  This is a real game.

I respect Streveler as a QB probably more than most but he's going to put up 350 yards with 150 of that rushing in the game of his career.

3 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

The alignment was a dead giveaway. Should've at least try to disguise the blitz as it was so easily picked up. Play well executed by Edmonton but not by us.

Our defense is regressing yet we are a team of veterans. Is Jordan Younger still one of our coaches? It may be soon  to hand over the reigns.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Caring about pre-season is your first mistake.  Find a game where a backup came in down 22-0 basically at the start of the 2nd quarter and pulled it out with 4 TD passes.  This is a real game.

I respect Streveler as a QB probably more than most but he's going to put up 350 yards with 150 of that rushing in the game of his career.

Sorry, your last sentence. Are you Streveler is going to or he isn't?

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our defense is regressing yet we are a team of veterans. Is Jordan Younger still one of our coaches? It may be soon  to hand over the reigns.

Sorry, your last sentence. Are you Streveler is going to or he isn't?

I'm saying in the game of his life he's rushing for 100 and throwing for a bit over 200.  He's never going to sit in the pocket and fire off 320 yards of passing like Brown did.

7 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Jesus...Keithen McCant.  Remember that game and then when he was the next big thing, Cal Murphy wouldn't pay him so he forced a trade to BC and did absolutely nothing.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Are you suggesting that the level of talent on the field during a CFL game surpasses the level of talent in an NFL pre season game?  The answer is no. 

If you want me to find a game where a back up came back from a large deficit.... Crum coming back from a 19 point deficit in the 4th quarter against the Bombers in the CFL this year.   The guy is playing with a lot of sub par talent against the premiere defense of the league and made it look easy.   

Crum also sucks massively and had one good night where the stars aligned and I'd never want him to be on our team.  

Brown I hope and am sure is nothing like Crum,  but before annointing him as better then a Bomber legend, maybe pump the brakes and don't set his bar as of today as an elite player just yet.    

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm saying in the game of his life he's rushing for 100 and throwing for a bit over 200.  He's never going to sit in the pocket and fire off 320 yards of passing like Brown did.

Jesus...Keithen McCant.

I agree. I don't think we need Streveler if he clears NFL waivers & wants to play in the CFL again.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Are you suggesting that the level of talent on the field during a CFL game surpasses the level of talent in an NFL pre season game?  The answer is no. 

If you want me to find a game where a back up came back from a large deficit.... Crum coming back from a 19 point deficit in the 4th quarter against the Bombers in the CFL this year.   The guy is playing with a lot of sub par talent against the premiere defense of the league and made it look easy.   

Crum also sucks massively and had one good night where the stars aligned and I'd never want him to be on our team.  

Brown I hope and am sure is nothing like Crum,  but before annointing him as better then a Bomber legend, maybe pump the brakes and don't set his bar as of today as an elite player just yet.    

Crum started that game.

**** I don't even know how you got into a tailspin about Bomber legend when the comparison is Brown vs Streveler as passers.

Brown's thrown for over 300 yards in both games he's played the majority.  Came off the bench in game 1 last year when Collaros got pulled by concussion spotter and led drive for winning FG.  Came off the bench last week for 80 yard TD drive.  Guy has only produced.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Last I saw from Jets beat writer is they expect him to clear waivers and end up back with the Jets on IR with the broken thumb.

I believe that has now happened. He did clear and is on their IR. I read something about that this morning. He's still in their plans.