Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

Yes the ratio but I guess what I'm saying is maybe during training camp we should have found and kept some guys who can play multiple positions instead of basically just being a sp teams player. Do we need all these cdn and global lbs? 

Is burtenshaw Canadian cuz if we going 2 American fbs... ffs 

He is but still. Our roster construction is just odd 

Odd strategy to gas the Jeff's earlier in the season. Just strange 

Dl is the part I don't get. 

Rapidly aging Thomas. Special talent In the Jeff's but not young, walker who has looked great. Lawson looks good when playing. And Bennett who does nothing. 

Just handicapping the team there  

Edited by Goalie

47 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No matter what they do there are the same number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.  The starting thing is not a huge deal.  Wasting an American spot on a guy who is basically an extra OL when he's out there who can play some on special teams is pretty nuts.  What happens if Jeffcoat goes down?  That's been a pretty frequent scenario.  They've also got two guys who haven't played in ages coming in to start on D and that could go either way.  Get thin real fast, you need every roster spot to be used efficiently.

Thats the key thing....what s to say one of or both Rose and Wilson get tweaked?...zero coverage...Kramdi is an 8th starter....but really we don't capitalize on that anywhere. We could pull Thomas and or Lawson for Fox or the new DE...with no effect on our ratio for that play...we could also then use say Jeffcoat as the Nationalized guy 23 times for one of Cole or Darby in Kramdi's spot...but we fail to do that as well.

Jackson sure...nice story...good guy...But we could use. as we have already Gray as a fullback...he's more than athletic enough and slide Eli or Dobson in at guard, and get better use of that DA spot....yet we choose not to...why?...when it makes over all team stronger.....Same with for all the use Bennett has been....we could slap Murphy or Kelly in his roster spot if we dressed The Jeffs..Lawson..Thomas..Walker..Haba and one of Fox or that new End...and be better off ....not sure why we wont...or dont

Edited by Booch

I meannnnn they did exactly what I thought they’d do. Though I didn’t think they’d use an extra fullback instead of a DL. After 4 years following this team, they’re very predictable. I’m not mad, we’ll be fine. It’s a great lineup. I still think Parker should be in rose spot if it was my team, but it’s not and I figure they always prioritize the vet. And the other DBs are strong there so they won’t move. He put up a few days in practice and sounds like they liked the guys they had better. Gotta trust they saw enough. They see these guys every day at practice - at the end of the day that means more than the bit we see in games from them. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No matter what they do there are the same number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.  The starting thing is not a huge deal.  Wasting an American spot on a guy who is basically an extra OL when he's out there who can play some on special teams is pretty nuts.  What happens if Jeffcoat goes down?  That's been a pretty frequent scenario.  They've also got two guys who haven't played in ages coming in to start on D and that could go either way.  Get thin real fast, you need every roster spot to be used efficiently.

The drop off from jeffcoat to Bennett might be the biggest single value loss at any position around the league. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

bye....speaking of which @DTonOB have you asked, or can you ask Osh why he is the only coach not utilizing the Nationalized player when it would obviously benefit us in more ways than one...and as the coach...is it not his job to put the best team out there and refuses to do so?....Inquiring minds want to know

Is the Coach's Show still a thing? Perhaps someone could ask on there about the roster management issue 

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I used to listen to the Coach's show every week, but O'Shea killed it for me.  Just too boring.

and he won't give a legit answer...just his usual smart ass schtick and dances around the topic

Lineup aside. So excited for tonight it's been a while since we have had a big-time regular season match-up with the Bombers coming in as underdogs by outside pundits. Two teams that particularly don't care for each other. Buckle up because there is going to be some big-boy football being played tonight.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

definitely will be game of the week...I expect an intense hard pounding game

For sure. Physicality will be at a premium. I expect BC players to be taking a number of stupid penalties tonight. No one's punched them in the mouth this year yet. We will.

21 hours ago, Jesse said:

I still think it’s a mistake not to have more bodies on the DL. And benching Parker is hella confusing.

I agree. Just pointing out that our roster, even though it could be slightly better, is a pretty darn good one.

23 hours ago, Goalie said:

Parker is better than guys on this roster. He should be playing if he's healthy. 

He may not be quite ready to go. Maybe he re-aggravated something?

21 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

BC's on a short week, we're coming off a bye.

BC's on their 2nd string QB, we're the healthiest we've been all season. 

We've got home field advantage. 

If we don't win this one, then we have to admit that BC's the better team and that the road to the Grey Cup goes through Vancouver in the west. 

Seasons aren't won or lost or determined over the course of one game or two in the first half of the season. If we lose tonight the only thing we need to admit is that we have some work to do before the playoffs come. Lots, and I mean lots of things happen in a 2nd half of a CFL season. Declaring BC the Western champs at this point would be insane. A loss tonight just makes our road tougher, it doesn't make the road end. That's just nonsense. However, a loss tonight would provide a pretty good gauge of what we need to do.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. Physicality will be at a premium. I expect BC players to be taking a number of stupid penalties tonight. No one's punched them in the mouth this year yet. We will.

I agree. Just pointing out that our roster, even though it could be slightly better, is a pretty darn good one.

He may not be quite ready to go. Maybe he re-aggravated something?

save for a few odd decisions probably our healthiest roster of the yr, with most of the pre-camp projected starters back

Just now, GCn20 said:

Seasons aren't won or lost or determined over the course of one game or two in the first half of the season. If we lose tonight the only thing we need to admit is that we have some work to do before the playoffs come. Lots, and I mean lots of things happen in a 2nd half of a CFL season. Declaring BC the Western champs at this point would be insane.

Seasons aren't, but you can kiss 1st place goodbye with a loss tonight.

21 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Lineup aside. So excited for tonight it's been a while since we have had a big-time regular season match-up with the Bombers coming in as underdogs by outside pundits. Two teams that particularly don't care for each other. Buckle up because there is going to be some big-boy football being played tonight.

All eleven 3Down writers have picked the Bombers straight up.  BC 8 to 3 against the 5.5 point spread.

CFL.ca is split 3-3 straight up.

Bye week and home field against a short week for the Lions.

Edited by Wideleft

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Seasons aren't, but you can kiss 1st place goodbye with a loss tonight.

No, that's not true. It would be tougher for sure and out of our control, but definitely not impossible. You are assuming that BC plays at a high level all year. I am not willing to bet that quite yet.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I wouldnt go that far...lots can happen in the last 10 games....but it would put us behind the 8 ball somewhat

Yes, we would need help or a small BC collapse in the 2nd half. BC still hasn't seen the meat of it's schedule yet so don't count either of those things out. They get it pretty rough in the 2nd half. A lot of divisional games.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...I hope we don't see too much rust but I expect them to be flying around.

in this day and time assuming rust as a factor is a lil over used now....and guys even tho on injured list are now doing more work than prob guys on active roster...I'm not too concerned when it is a vet coming back, as they basically react and go on muscle memeory...no thought or analyzing whats going on before they react goes on now for the most part....a newer guy cant do that....I bet we see a huge impact overall on defence with 2 solid vets returning

1 minute ago, Booch said:

in this day and time assuming rust as a factor is a lil over used now....and guys even tho on injured list are now doing more work than prob guys on active roster...I'm not too concerned when it is a vet coming back, as they basically react and go on muscle memeory...no thought or analyzing whats going on before they react goes on now for the most part....a newer guy cant do that....I bet we see a huge impact overall on defence with 2 solid vets returning

Don't get me wrong. I'm pretty stoked to see the additions this week. I, also, think that Hall and Buck will have masterful game plans ready with the extra week. Preparedness will not be an issue this week.

Edited by GCn20