Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

so...we down an import defensive end.....also LB....so we take out Agudosi and replace him with Jackson....and dont roster say a Fox....Wilson...Even another DB who could be of use, or worst case leave Agudosi on and see what a set with him..Schoen...Lawler...Demski and Woli could do?....but instead to roll with Mauro at Wil...only Bennett as a rotational end....who has shown absolutely nothing....Replace Darby with Kramdi who if at the very best is a slight down grade....and to top it all off refuse to use the Nationalized American...anywhere on the roster??@?!?!...LIKE WTF!

If people cant see that Osh is pretty useless...blind, or just plain obtuse on building your best roster on game day I dont know what to tell you...I wouldnt be surprised if ol heavy balls runs our defense raged by the fourth quarter and pulls a Crumination on us...Teams will obviously keep exposing this...oh yeah forgot...and keep Thomas as a starter and likely majority of reps....like cmon man

What the actual F$&@. Is Chris jones managing our roster? 

Maruo starting at wil lolwut? The same guy that got perma benched from teams last year? Why not just got ni? Or hey give Cole a shot at wil. He’s brilliant on teams.  Bennett the only rush end? Don’t even dress an extra dt so we can flip walker out side for reps? They could’ve atleast rostered Jackson as a de and rotate him. He won’t be worse than Bennett. 

It feels like the Argos are us in 2021, and now we are the 2021 tiger cats… 

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

I hate to say it, because it seems like such a ridiculous idea and I know it’s never gonna happen anyways but … if O’Shea is going to just blatantly handcuff our roster with his stubbornness and overall mismanagement, are we going to let him just because he won two Grey Cups? Or is Miller actually going to step in and do something? At what point do you tell O’Shea get your **** together or thank you for your services but they are no longer needed?

That roster is literally a joke. And we’ve done it to ourselves.

whats the definition of insanity? Our roster management. I don’t think we used a naturalized player last week did we? 
 But mos is locked up. I can see it now. We lose walters in the off season to a rebuilding Edmonton. Goveia goes to Hamilton or Ottawa for a better title and to be closer to home. And mos becomes our hc and gm. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yeah that stinks of desperation like the Bombers in 04 or 08 bringing in a washed up vet to fill the holes because we don’t have anyone capable in the pipe line. 

We are desperate we just don’t know it yet. 

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s totally fine, but if that’s the case … it really just goes back to what Booch and I said all off-season. Why would you not have competition in camp?

We’re starting Les Maruo and Rehda Kramdi this week and the only reason is because longevity on the roster is all that matters to O’Shea. Absolutely no competition at either spot. And this is what we’re left with. 

We brought guys in who played wil in college. Good looking prospects. We quickly cut one after few reps in pre season, moved another to de and the last one didnt look like he had practiced at all. Have a need? Fill a need. That the guy who filled the spot, then cut his ass. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But he's a former navy seal! He has grit!    /sarcasm

I would Love that guy on the roster, if he was an NI. 

Just now, Booch said:

no...everyone on the roster is a 1st team guy...Osh said so, so that allows us to plug guys in wherever with no drop off

Yep yep yep. They are all perfect professionals too who do all the pre needed and always come out at 100% never flat at all nope nope nope! 

I just dont get that due to injuries on defense...that we didnt roster a defensive player instead on Jackson and actually designated a Nationalized guy, and actually utilized it...that just blows me away

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Like Kramdi?!? Really?? No one else could have slid into that spot?? Unreal. Cant wait to see him in the trail position all game surrendering catch after catch. 

Parker sure looked good there....

so we are rostering 8 Canadian starters, and 1 global starter when we don't need to, and leave ourselves lean on defense....We could have rostered FOX..or Wilson and put them on the field in lieu of Thomas and not even had to use the Nationalized rule which Osh seems determined to not use anyway for whatever reason...Heck we could have started Fox and Walker which would have allowed us to get by at times with Bennetts uselessness

The best part is, we will have a few good drives on offence and put up points. Then coast and and let edm get close. But we will narrowly win the game due to Edms incompetence. And because of going 1-0 this week we will go into the bye with mos happy and coming out of it he will make no changes. 
 Just in time for us to host BC here with a very similar roster +\- injuries to this week. Then get our asses handed to us by bc, again, losing the season series. We could be a border line .500 team after the bjb at this rate. 

Edited by wbbfan

Just now, Jesse said:

My first thought when I saw this was, "@Booch is gonna be sooooo mad".

blame me tho?...we had so many options...and tweaks we could have did...but did none...and effectively made ourselves weaker going into this game then last week...save for Lawler...how is that even possible when u had several guys come off the 6 game who have been practicing for 2 weeks?

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

The best part is, we will have a few good drives on offence and put up points. Then coast and and let edm get close. But we will narrowly win the game due to Edms incompetence. And because of going 1-0 this week we will go into the bye with mos happy and coming out of it he will make no changes. 
 Just in time for us to host BC here with a very similar roster +\- injuries to this week. Then get our asses handed to us by bc, again, but at home this time. We could be a border line .500 team after the bjb at this rate. 

no....at home 2x

1 minute ago, Booch said:

blame me tho?...we had so many options...and tweaks we could have did...but did none...and effectively made ourselves weaker going into this game then last week...save for Lawler...how is that even possible when u had several guys come off the 6 game who have been practicing for 2 weeks?

no....at home 2x

Right. Corrected it. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Just in time for us to host BC here with a very similar roster +\- injuries to this week. Then get our asses handed to us by bc, again, but at home this time. We could be a border line .500 team after the bjb at this rate. 

Last time against BC was at home too.

I don't even care about Kramdi vs Darby.  Darby has been awful this year.  They've favoured Kramdi there going back to the end of last season when he's been healthy, which hasn't been often.  He's only finished a couple games since they traded for Darby back.  I know what my preference would be, and that would be to put Alexander down to SAM permanently and use Darby's cover skills at safety.  They need the physicality in the box.

The OL and DL are both playing terribly and that's where we're going to continue to struggle without changes.  DL has struggled for years without 7-8 dressed.  We have 6 dressed and it's hard to even count Bennett as anything.

Edmonton has a decent DL with some disruptive guys in Ceresna and Ealy.  They will be isolating Neufeld like everyone else has since BC.  Did he magically increase his fitness and willingness to play in the one practice this week?  There's nowhere to hide now, into the second third of the schedule.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Maybe....Miller? Haven't heard anything about him coming off the 6 game...but I would like that very much.

I believe Miller has been re-upped on the 6-game IR, with the acquisition of Exume they've patched his contribution to ST and seem to be covering well on kicks lately, even without Gauthier and Hansen.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Miller and Hansen both back on 6 game so unlucky to be back before Banjo Bowl.

200.gif

This is on Buck now to put up 60 points each game, or, at least, call plays that might score points. 

29 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Like Kramdi?!? Really?? No one else could have slid into that spot?? Unreal. Cant wait to see him in the trail position all game surrendering catch after catch. 

Gotta admit that I never played the game so I don’t have a good command of the X’s and O’s but the last time Kramdi played there was a lot of this going on. He may be ok on STs but he is too slow even as a backup at that position on D. 

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Jones seems to be self-sabotaging his defence with a no-name secondary, are any of those DB's even second year players?  I don't recognize any of them.  Noticed he's bringing 9 D-lineman to play when he could have economized with 6.

Keep a solid rotation on the D-Line and keep pressure on against a suspect Winnipeg O-Line .. if they are getting to Zach and not giving him time to deal .. it really doesn't matter who they have in the secondary.

Just now, Slimy Sculpin said:

Gotta admit that I never played the game so I don’t have a good command of the X’s and O’s but the last time Kramdi played there was a lot of this going on. He may be ok on STs but he is too slow even as a backup at that position on D. 

he sucks there...He is not a upgrade to Darby...who isnt as bad as many make it out to be

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Keep a solid rotation on the D-Line and keep pressure on against a suspect Winnipeg O-Line .. if they are getting to Zach and not giving him time to deal .. it really doesn't matter who they have in the secondary.

this right here...and db at pro level can cover or keep a receiver in easy tackle range within 2 seconds