Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd really like us to go back to our best uniforms, the blue and gold at home. Smarten the heck up, Miller.

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree. I may be in a small group but, I love their 3rd uniform color and design,.....just not a fan of the big W. Put numbers on the front and it's tweaked to perfection.

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Wow Bombers spread is -15.5 points. After how we’ve played this season and what happened last week in Ottawa I’m pretty shocked. I think we’re a good team still but that’s giving us way too much respect. 

If we played 60 minutes, this line makes sense. But, we don't play 60 minutes. 

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Offense will get a nice boost! But D needs to give their nuts a tug. I fully expect an Elks ass-slapping Thursday. If we lose......There will be blood.

The D didn't allow a first down until late in the 1st half. I have troubles blaming them when they lived on the field in the second half. The offense handed this game away with misses, fumbles and a bad pick. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

The D didn't allow a first down until late in the 1st half. I have troubles blaming them when they lived on the field in the second half. The offense handed this game away with misses, fumbles and a bad pick. 

yeah...no tds were given up and Ott couldnt do anything but when your defense is on the field 22 of 30 mins in second half....and you dont have a true returner at the ready as a backup when the league best goes down, to shorten the field for your sputtering offence...well we saw the result...and its not a super fun one.....that being said...I not pan icing or too concerned if the appropriate things get done

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

Tale of two halfs. They got absolutely caved and couldnt get a stop when we needed it the entire 4th quarter. Not to mention the gawd-awful tackling display all second half making Crum look like Michael Vick circa 2006.

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...no tds were given up and Ott couldnt do anything but when your defense is on the field 22 of 30 mins in second half....and you dont have a true returner at the ready as a backup when the league best goes down, to shorten the field for your sputtering offence...well we saw the result...and its not a super fun one.....that being said...I not pan icing or too concerned if the appropriate things get done

This is how the Calgary defense was 2 weeks ago when we beat them.  On the field for most of the 2nd half, and almost the entire 4th quarter.     McCrae got nothing going for the Bombers on kick off/punt returns.  Offensive play calling was an absolute mystery, given that we couldn't run the ball.  O line was porous like it was against Calgary/BC. 

Anyways, like many of Bomber nation, I really hope some changes are coming in.   Guys need to earn their spots every week.   

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Nothing is getting changed on a short week with one practice.

I expect Lawler in and not much else except for injury-related moves.

A few guys are coming off the 6-game that practiced in full last week. Rose, Wilson, maybe Parker

They could be ready to go.

28 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Tale of two halfs. They got absolutely caved and couldnt get a stop when we needed it the entire 4th quarter. Not to mention the gawd-awful tackling display all second half making Crum look like Michael Vick circa 2006.

Everyone did their part in the loss but the offense getting 3 or 4 first downs in the second half, dropping the ball, fumbling the ball, throwing interceptions can’t be overlooked.  If the best defense is a good offense, well that phase was MIA at the worst time as well.

16 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Everyone did their part in the loss but the offense getting 3 or 4 first downs in the second half, dropping the ball, fumbling the ball, throwing interceptions can’t be overlooked.  If the best defense is a good offense, well that phase was MIA at the worst time as well.

Yes it was a true comedy of errors clusterf**k. But our D has been the backbone of this team for the last 4+ years, it was disheartening to see them not able to close out the game.

47 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

A few guys are coming off the 6-game that practiced in full last week. Rose, Wilson, maybe Parker

Yeah we have 3 vets who will have had 2 weeks of practice who could easily slide in...not raw rookies...and we have lawson who should ne betting lions share of National reps at DT already playing...and 2 more than capable interior O-line guys who basically are in same boat....no reason to not tinker....especially vs the Elks and leading into a bye week

46 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Not to mention Bucks awful play calling in the fourth. Passing when they should have ran which resulted in a pick six, and then running the ball on second down when they should have thrown the ball to get the game winning first down. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Not to mention Bucks awful play calling in the fourth. Passing when they should have ran which resulted in a pick six, and then running the ball on second down when they should have thrown the ball to get the game winning first down. 

Yup that play call to throw on 2nd and 4 backed up deep in your end after Oliveira just rattled off a 6 yard run. Brutal.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup that play call to throw on 2nd and 4 backed up deep in your end after Oliveira just rattled off a 6 yard run. Brutal.

Worse than the call was the execution. Bad throw, bad tip to the defense. I agree though, we should have been pounding the ball and grinding out clock.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Exactly and before anyone asks what the difference is in the situation is with a 16 point lead with under 3 minutes left in the fourth our O didn’t 100 percent even need a first down but if we take off 25 seconds and punt it deep it’a pretty much over regardless, but in the second situation it’s only an 8 point game and the Bombers needed one first down to end the game, put the ball in number 8’s hands. Let him make up for the turn over to win the game. 

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Exactly and before anyone asks what the difference is in the situation is with a 16 point lead with under 3 minutes left in the fourth our O didn’t 100 percent even need a first down but if we take off 25 seconds and punt it deep it’a pretty much over regardless, but in the second situation it’s only an 8 point game and the Bombers needed one first down to end the game, put the ball in number 8’s hands. Let him make up for the turn over to win the game. 

Yup Buck and Collaros need to be smarter in that scenario. Unacceptable. Especially for a team with our pedigree.

4 hours ago, blue85gold said:

The 6 game experiment with Agudosi established little, as Buck failed to integrate him into the passing game in the time allotted to do so, without the opportunity of injury replacement I think he slips back to the PR and eventually off the team in FA.   Too bad, I think he could have become something special, if they would have focused on it even a little bit.

I don't give a spit about who Lawler replaces, if this comes to pass. We need to fix the goddam o-line or everything goes for poop. I did not like Buck's playcalling for most of the second half, but if Collaros keeps getting sacked, not only will we lose the next game but also his services for the rest of the season. If Walters hasn't called O'Shea in on the carpet or O'Shea hasn't blistered Pierce and Hall, we are going to have repeat performances.