Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

43 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Flamethrowers get set. I quite enjoy these thirds. I really like them. Therefore, minority wins, jerseys stay.

My un popular opinion is I’d like to see the lightning bolt reinbold unis as a third for a while. Then we can see a good team in those. 

I also think white shirt and pants with blue numbers logo etc and a gold outline on them would be great. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

My un popular opinion is I’d like to see the lightning bolt reinbold unis as a third for a while. Then we can see a good team in those. 

I also think white shirt and pants with blue numbers logo etc and a gold outline on them would be great. 

Reinbold jerseys should be burnt with the ashes being buried. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

oh man please keep those ugly-ass navy helmets away from the Bombers. 

But I think the Reinebold Year 2 change back to a gold helmet and pants really made that navy look pretty good. I've been watching Khari era games on youtube lately and the Bombers look even better than I remember then.  Dig that massive chonky nameplate font.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I'm sorry, but I think all-white uniforms make a football team look like a hippie cult

5ddd72a0c92b3500089d3ede-eight.jpg

Edited by johnzo

3 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I like the 1961 helmets with the white lightning bolt and numbers on the side. Anyone know if that was the one and only year Bombers wore those? Awesome look!

https://www.helmethistory.com/winnipeg.html

That’s a cool link. ‘61 is my favourite. I’d like a better look at ‘49, curious. 

33 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

That’s a cool link. ‘61 is my favourite. I’d like a better look at ‘49, curious. 

I like the 65 helmet. The W was bigger back then. I think the decal was larger from 65-68. It got smaller after that to it's present logo size today. The 1971-72 helmet wasn't shiny like it was from 1965-70 & from 1973 to 1995. The 71-72 helmet was more of a dull gold/yellow colour with the decal definitely being smaller. 

6cbaa47e8ca1c7be257bccaffa3ceb7a.jpg

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

oh man please keep those ugly-ass navy helmets away from the Bombers. 

But I think the Reinebold Year 2 change back to a gold helmet and pants really made that navy look pretty good. I've been watching Khari era games on youtube lately and the Bombers look even better than I remember then.  Dig that massive chonky nameplate font.

I'm sorry, but I think all-white uniforms make a football team look like a hippie cult

5ddd72a0c92b3500089d3ede-eight.jpg

lol I think white base with blue second and gold accents would be sharp. I bet the gold base comes back some day too for a game  

We have enough variants to do one game with a different throw back for a very long time. That could generate a lot of extra income too. The 58/70? Look with blue n gold having gold/white numbers would be a good one too.