3 stars plus hh bc kicked our @$$

wbbfan

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

The story fans want to tell is how everyone on the Bombers had a bad night at the same time. The real story IMO is that the Lions simply outplayed us. 

That's all dependant on your perspective. Bomber fans focus on their team, ie. Yeah they sure did suck, suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked... whereas lions fans will focus on the play of the lions and how good they played.

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The story fans want to tell is how everyone on the Bombers had a bad night at the same time. The real story IMO is that the Lions simply outplayed us. 

When Bombers win or lose its usually not an either or, it’s a combo right down to positions and individuals on who outplayed who or who just simply blew their assignments.

Game tape is a good thing.

Rick Campbell is a very good coach - prob second best in the CFL.  They came prepared and executed their game plan.  They have their own version of FIFO going and it showed when they released Kongbo for not fitting in the locker room. 
while I didn't care for the outcome and games like that do happen the lack of halftime adjustments and push back from the Bombers is a bit concerning - especially at home.  I think we are lacking some talent in key positions on defence and hopefully MOS and Walters have a plan to improve roster talent and not just rely on these guys learning (I suspect the latter is what will happen).

The o-line has stepped up in the past when having a bad game so I expect that will happen again.

Realistically we should win the next 4 games but man our defence has to show it can shut down a game when needed.  Lawrence is getting picked on over and over.

Hoping the turnaround comes next game with just a few tweaks and that age hasn't caught up with us. As noted, Lions had their way with Bryant and Hardrick in pass pro. It's like their feet were stuck in mud. But then it wasn't just them, it seemed the entire O-line took turns at embarrassing themselves. This Oline thrives on delivering a smash-mouth running game, so, as others said, why did we abandon that? Or, why didn't we bring in extra pass protection? That goes to coaching and adjustments. Someone pointed out that Buck's playcalling - emptying the backfield - wasn't very astute, especially when the Oline is playing like a collective turnstile. Agree 100%. with that. On D, Jefferson and Bighill were AWOL. Lot of $$$ tied up in Bryant, Yoshi, Biggie and Willie - so that experience should correct itself unless, you know, age. I think the D backfield will quickly sort itself out. There is talent back there. Thankfully it's a long season. Hopefully its not a really long season.

Edited by Doublezero

On 2023-06-24 at 11:48 AM, The Zipp said:

Rick Campbell is a very good coach - prob second best in the CFL.  They came prepared and executed their game plan.  They have their own version of FIFO going and it showed when they released Kongbo for not fitting in the locker room. 
while I didn't care for the outcome and games like that do happen the lack of halftime adjustments and push back from the Bombers is a bit concerning - especially at home.  I think we are lacking some talent in key positions on defence and hopefully MOS and Walters have a plan to improve roster talent and not just rely on these guys learning (I suspect the latter is what will happen).

The o-line has stepped up in the past when having a bad game so I expect that will happen again.

Realistically we should win the next 4 games but man our defence has to show it can shut down a game when needed.  Lawrence is getting picked on over and over.

Very concerned about Lawrence. Clearly teams are thinking he's the weak link.

On 2023-06-24 at 9:49 AM, TBURGESS said:

The story anyone with half a brain will tell is how the Lions played their very best against a team that really didn't show up ready, prepared, or motivated to do the same. Any given Sunday as they say. The Bombers took them lightly and played that way and found out they are a better team than the one they prepared for. I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind that this is the last time BC will beat us this year.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

you're probably one of Lawrence's relative. if you dont see how poorly he played in the first 3 games and the TDs he already given up, I dont know what game are you watching.

Good dbs can struggle with poor supporting cast, and high turn over. We saw it early the last two years. Especially when BA was out and even before we moved BA to saftey. 
 I’m not ready to write off Lawrence, but we should dress an extra imp db and not have to lean on Lawrence. 

best case scenario imo is one of rose Parker Houston is healthy and good to go for this game. Then we start Muhammad and da Lawrence as a back up. 

Yeah...I agree...I'm not writing him off either....and once we settle on a consistent group...who were the projected starters...I bet we see a change...If Lawrence was cut outright he would be picked up immediately

when all healthy I bet a Rose/Nichols/BA/Parker or Mouhamed and Lawrence group with whomever is the extra will be just fine...especially if we get that DT position settled....because when Jeffcoat is back healthy with Willie and Haba who seems to be the real deal we will be fine at end, especially with some Hansen rotation...it's so early in the year and history has showed here that come playoffs the guys who are the legit starters and excelling were not the guys running around in weeks 1 through 10 for the most part

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The story anyone with half a brain will tell is how the Lions played their very best against a team that really didn't show up ready, prepared, or motivated to do the same. Any given Sunday as they say. The Bombers took them lightly and played that way and found out they are a better team than the one they prepared for. I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind that this is the last time BC will beat us this year.

Certainly the story that you "half a brain" folks are telling. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Certainly the story that you "half a brain" folks are telling. 

Whatever, you keep looking at the world in your orange tinted glasses that we all know you wear. Deny it if you want, but every post you make about the BC Lions confirms your bias. You have to either be a Lions fan, or sniffing glue to think that the Lions just outright beat us even though we were playing our best ball. Just the stupidest take ever that is just far out of the realm of reality. We didn't play well, and some of that was due to the Lions, and the biggest part of it was because we collectively were out of synch.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Whatever, you keep looking at the world in your orange tinted glasses that we all know you wear. Deny it if you want, but every post you make about the BC Lions confirms your bias. You have to either be a Lions fan, or sniffing glue to think that the Lions just outright beat us even though we were playing our best ball. Just the stupidest take ever that is just far out of the realm of reality. We didn't play well, and some of that was due to the Lions, and the biggest part of it was because we collectively were out of synch.

I don't have orange tinted glasses. I picked the Bombers to win and was wrong like everyone else this week. 

Bias is thinking that the Bombers crapped the bed instead of the Lions forced their will on us, stole our lunch money, & made us like it. We played the best we could on the day and they beat us fair and square. Does that make BC the top team in the league? It does this week. 3-0 > 2-1 especially when one of those 3 is against us. 

Maybe you need to engage the other half of your brain to see what really happened.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You know both perspectives can be true right? 

I mean christ I have never seen Stanley Bryant play that badly and he's arguably the best ever OL in cfl history. So in that aspect yes I say it was uncharacteristic pants pooping by a bomber player. 

You know that GCNxx is just looking for an argument right?  His view of reality simply can't fathom that the Bombers could be beaten like a rented mule unless the Bombers players all had bad days at the same time. 

Bryant had a bad night, but that in itself doesn't explain the 6 points the offence scored or the 30 points the Lions scored. 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Bryant had a bad night, but that in itself doesn't explain the 6 points the offence scored or the 30 points the Lions scored. 

Yeah but the points are misleading anyway. Bombers could have kicked some more field goals if they wanted to massage the score,  but the fact that they were just a few big plays from having a shot does say something about that team too. 

Scores, stats,  all these things can lie. For as many problems as the Bombers had the lions really didn't score that much. He'll even their first td came because notnonce but twice dbs didn't even turn around to look for the ball and just ran through the receiver. 

Offense stunk to high heaven, defence had some cracks but wasn't as objectively bad outside a few plays.

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You know that GCNxx is just looking for an argument right?  His view of reality simply can't fathom that the Bombers could be beaten like a rented mule unless the Bombers players all had bad days at the same time. 

So what you are saying is that the way the Bombers played was on par or equal to how they have played this season and previous years and that BC had a spectacular performance far better then anything they've shown in that same amount of time?  

That's the argument that I'm getting from reading these back and forths?  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

So what you are saying is that the way the Bombers played was on par or equal to how they have played this season and previous years and that BC had a spectacular performance far better then anything they've shown in that same amount of time?  

That's the argument that I'm getting from reading these back and forths?  

How on earth did you get that from what I typed? 

We're not the same team we were last year, especially with the injuries.

BC is not the same team they were last year, cuz Rourke & Burnham. 

BC & WPG came into the game at 2-0.

BC's allowed 1 TD this year and shut out EDM. 

BC stopped our offense that had scored 40+ point per game to 2 FG's. 

BC's performance was the same as it was for the first two games, not far better than anything they've shown. 

WPG played the best game they could on the day. BC also played the best game they could on the day. The result was BC dominance. 

BC might be a better team (or at least a more balanced / even keeled team) this year WITHOUT Rourke than with him.

Let me explain - last year they were certainly explosive, were able to put up gaudy numbers and (if I'm being objective) were probably the most potent passing offence in the CFL up until Rourke went down.  With that said, Rourke was still a rookie.  He had his ups and downs.  Confidence (especially against us) was fickle and he was prone to making those rookie mistakes, the ones a seasoned quarterback wouldn't make.  Adams on the other hand has been around the block.  He's seen a lot.  Worked through a lot and while he's not a world beater, he has a very solid team around him.  He won't lose games or make the same mistakes a rookie might.  You won't get the highs but you won't get the lows either.  I genuinely think we are going to be hard pressed to keep pace with the Lions this year.

42 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

WPG played the best game they could on the day. BC also played the best game they could on the day.

This is such a pants on head ******** comment to make. 

HAI GUYZ!!! TEH SKY IS BLUE!!!11!!1

BC played better than winnipeg did in the game, no ****... that's why winnipeg lost and BC won. That's not what anyone is arguing about. That wasn't the usual effort or execution level from many of the bomber players or coaches. THAT is what people are talking about. You can't deny that. The OL through 2 weeks was dominant and looked worse than the times we trotted out the likes of Skinny Dan Gyetvai at left tackle. But yeah must be totally just because of what BC was doing. sometimes guys have a stinker of a game. Did BC play well? yup they did. Did they look better than they would have because of some poor play from the Bombers? yup certainly happened too.