3 stars plus hh bc kicked our @$$

wbbfan

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You are saying it. The highlighted part is the definition of they got beaten because they beat themselves. 

I on the other hand am saying the Lions beat them, and I'm right. Everyone knows it, but some don't want to admit it because it goes against their personal, blue goggles, chugging the Kool Aid, belief system. 

No, wrong. Being beaten is different than getting your ass kicked. You don't get your ass handed to you simply by the other team being really really good. It takes both that and a pants pooping on the other side. 

Like I said, nuance isn't your strong suit.

Taken from a story by Ted Wyman Winnipeg Sun:

Jermarcus Hardrick didn’t see it coming and he’s still trying to figure out why he and his teammates got run over by the B.C. Lions last week.

“It felt like a horror movie while it was happening and I hope it never happens again,” the veteran right tackle said Tuesday, a few days after his team allowed seven quarterback sacks in a 30-6 loss to the Lions.

“We practised hard last week, we didn’t take them lightly. It was just a good a-s-s whooping. I wish I knew why it happened.”

The Bombers’ offensive line is normally a bastion of consistency. With four-time CFL most outstanding offensive lineman Stanley Bryant at left tackle, Hardrick on the right side and veteran all-star Paddy Neufeld at guard, the group doesn’t get pushed around very often.

After practice on Tuesday, Hardrick remained dumbfounded.

“I swear we worked hard, worked out, watched the same film … we didn’t do anything different but the scoreboard was different,” Hardrick said. “There’s been a lot of sleepless nights, looking back at everything.”

42 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Taken from a story by Ted Wyman Winnipeg Sun:

Jermarcus Hardrick didn’t see it coming and he’s still trying to figure out why he and his teammates got run over by the B.C. Lions last week.

“It felt like a horror movie while it was happening and I hope it never happens again,” the veteran right tackle said Tuesday, a few days after his team allowed seven quarterback sacks in a 30-6 loss to the Lions.

“We practised hard last week, we didn’t take them lightly. It was just a good a-s-s whooping. I wish I knew why it happened.”

The Bombers’ offensive line is normally a bastion of consistency. With four-time CFL most outstanding offensive lineman Stanley Bryant at left tackle, Hardrick on the right side and veteran all-star Paddy Neufeld at guard, the group doesn’t get pushed around very often.

After practice on Tuesday, Hardrick remained dumbfounded.

“I swear we worked hard, worked out, watched the same film … we didn’t do anything different but the scoreboard was different,” Hardrick said. “There’s been a lot of sleepless nights, looking back at everything.”

At this point we can hope there isn't a reoccurrence of this mystery "ass-whooping"...teams will be dissecting this game film to replicate whatever BC did.  
if this happens again to that extent I will be worried - now move on!!

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If the Bombers redeem themselves against the angry birds, all will be forgotten quickly, but I continue to have concerns about the Bomber secondary. The O-line has been so good for so long, they get a Mulligan.

I wonder how much of the secondary issue is scheme and how much is ability. Against Sask and BC seemed to be a lot of soft zone coverage and 10-15 yard cushion off the line. Is that strictly a Hall system issue or is it because the players aren’t good enough to play man-to-man or tighter coverage off the line? Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I wonder how much of the secondary issue is scheme and how much is ability. Against Sask and BC seemed to be a lot of soft zone coverage and 10-15 yard cushion off the line. Is that strictly a Hall system issue or is it because the players aren’t good enough to play man-to-man or tighter coverage off the line? Thoughts?

at the pro level, if you cant play any form of press or man....how the heck are you a pro??...I think it more of scheme right now, and maybe with all the changes and some rookies, Hall is playing the "don't give up the big one" thing until we get things all settled...we have seemed to done this same thing...and we all had same discussions in early parts of previous seasons as well....so I think it's just that....or hope to hell it is, because if they feel we don't have the horses to play anything but...better get some new horses cause thats plain pathetic at this level

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Often think about this.  No Parker Houston or Rose and it looks like Richie Hall went back to keeping everything in front of the db’s.  Without enough d-line pressure or against a short-pass O like BC, the “safe” scheme makes it look like our guys are stuck reacting to -after- the opposing O has made a play.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I see the secondary as a combination of scheme and players.

Pretty much

4 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Often think about this.  No Parker Houston or Rose and it looks like Richie Hall went back to keeping everything in front of the db’s.  Without enough d-line pressure or against a short-pass O like BC, the “safe” scheme makes it look like our guys are stuck reacting to -after- the opposing O has made a play.

and yup...we are playing a let the play fold out in front of you and come up to make the play scheme right now....I bet once Rose and Parker are back in, and they figure out that other corner spot, as we get healthy and figured out on the dline you will see the morphing of the scheme again....as has happened before

I bet we see ol best feet ever flipped to corner opposite Rose with Nichols and one of Parker and Mouhamed at halfback here at some point...then we will see if the lil waif has what it takes to cover man on man and not be a liabillity out on an island....as his HB run support and playing in traffic ability aint the best