Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Who is the Bombers' defensive player of the year so far?

Houston and Willie both had great starts but have leveled off as of late.

To me, no one has really stood out.

Yeah tough one. By reputation and strength of his first half Willy j. Realistically, no one deserves it. 

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah hard to say...also...who would be our rookie??...I'd have said Haba if Osh would roster him since he been healthy...but he didn't....I guess Sheehan has to be it....he's only one who played significant games 

Holm I guess? Sergio for teams, Bryant for line. Brady for Canadian and Zach for mop. 
 Sergio doesn’t have a chance, neither does Bryant, Brady and Demski deserve nods but Zach will default as mop candidate and not win. 
 Brady as moc is gonna be our only award. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Holm is in his second year, otherwise he'd get it for sure.

Then yeah it’ll be haba or Sheahan. 

I'd nominate Brady for MOC & MOP. Zach's play has tailed off the last half dozen games save for the Banjo Bowl when he was pissed. He needs to bottle that feeling & take a swig from it when he gets complacent or loses his confidence. Brady woukld be a deserving choice. he could conceivably end up wit 1,500-1,600 yards rushing which is unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd nominate Brady for MOC & MOP. Zach's play has tailed off the last half dozen games save for the Banjo Bowl when he was pissed. He needs to bottle that feeling & take a swig from it when he gets complacent or loses his confidence. Brady woukld be a deserving choice. he could conceivably end up wit 1,500-1,600 yards rushing which is unbelievable. 

and over 400 yards receiving and likely 10+ TD's...most 100 yard games...most runs over 10 yards...likely the 2nd most rushing yards by a Canadian in a season....should be a shoe in for Canadian, and serious consideration for MOP for league 

Edited by Booch

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Brady should be MOC and MOP.

CFL should also drop the East/West requirement and have 3 finalists. Seriously, Brady, Nic and Betts are the top 3 Canadians. Who is going to even win the East?

For real. It’ll be random guy from Toronto. Andrew Harris looool

14 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Who is the Bombers' defensive player of the year so far?

Houston and Willie both had great starts but have leveled off as of late.

To me, no one has really stood out.

I might be tempted to say Jeffcoat... the defense is just different when he is in the game...

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

He's still unknown, that would just confuse the football writers as they would think Matt Nichols is a stupid choice for MODP.

Nichols would be a good choice too... I'm pretty sure he was a CFL all-star in both his first two seasons so I would hope people know who he is by now. 

14 hours ago, Booch said:

it's just what teams are scheming now...trying to neutralize him, and so be it...thats the poison they have picked for now...his fist few games they didn't....and he had 3 killer games right out of the gate...now they blanketing him, and at times ZC feeds right into it forcing things....for picks or incompletes....while Schoen and Woli have had all kinds of room, as well as BO....so he's earning his keep in that regard alone

If you look at it...coming in basically off the street he still on a prorated season of 1300 yards and 9 TD's if he played the full yr...and still leads the league in avg yards per reception. I'll take that.

Schoen's numbers have gone up since the Lawler insertion...just like I mentioned about BO's....4 100 yard plus games post Lawler...only 1 pre Lawler....but I bet in the clutch...and in a big moment...Lawler gonna make some huge plays....he always does

I think we will see a big switch in the west final to put the ball in lawler as hands and force teams to slack on schoen. 

21 hours ago, bluto said:

FWIW, Lawler faced Qwan'tez Stiggers on Friday and the youngster did very well against him. Held him to 3 grabs and got a pick on him.

Stiggers had never played Boundary before. He is 21, never played college ball. Never saw the CFL before training camp.

Not a chance we get to keep this kid next year.

He did look very good, as did most of your secondary.

On 2023-10-03 at 8:33 AM, Booch said:

Didnt help tho ZC had some Dolegala/Cornelius accuracy that game, and 2 real fluke pass break-ups where 9 times out of 10 they wouldn't have happened...

That entire Argo defensive secondary was playing with horseshoes up their collective ass all game long & making these flukey plays. It won't happen twice. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I don't think 1 special teams tackle and 1 reception for 0 yards is ROY worthy

Jackson isn’t even pr worthy but hes played how many games? Haha I’d actually laugh soo hard if they nominated him. cflpa all star too! 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

At this point I’d be surprised if we saw more than one guy added to the pr before the play offs now. We have many of the pieces on hand to fix our roster (or fox it) though I can’t imagine that walters is happy not assign any thing.