CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Ottawa makes sense... they need some durability at QB.     

Riders also makes sense.... he would fit right in Regina. 

If Milanovich goes to the Riders then yeah, I can see MBT signing there. Why would he want to go to that **** show in Ottawa?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

55 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Monson? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! I hope they hire that stooge. The Stamps may bring in  DC who knows how to coach a defense. How do these clown coaches keep getting opportunities?? You'd think they'd go after Mace over Monson. 

They work for Postmedia & all dream of covering the Jays, Raptors or Leafs. Unlike back years ago, reporters spent their entire career covering the CFL & had no inyerest in doing anything else. Now, it's a temporary gig. Dave Naylor is the last of a dying breed. And knowing Bell Media they'll lay him off eventually.

I talk a lot of trash about guys like suitor, and deservedly so imo. But he does love the cfl, not just the riders. He’s a total homer but the few people with legit passion for the league do deserve that credit. 

54 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Monson? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! I hope they hire that stooge. The Stamps may bring in  DC who knows how to coach a defense. How do these clown coaches keep getting opportunities?? You'd think they'd go after Mace over Monson. 

They work for Postmedia & all dream of covering the Jays, Raptors or Leafs. Unlike back years ago, reporters spent their entire career covering the CFL & had no inyerest in doing anything else. Now, it's a temporary gig. Dave Naylor is the last of a dying breed. And knowing Bell Media they'll lay him off eventually.

The Argos re-signed Mace in Oct., but I guess that would not prevent him from taking a HC job if it was offered.

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Milanovich goes to the Riders then yeah, I can see MBT signing there. Why would he want to go to that **** show in Ottawa?

Every qb wants an ol first and foremost. Especially older guys. 
 First thing the riders have to do if they get a good coach or not is get an ol that can pass pro. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

First thing the riders have to do if they get a good coach or not is get an ol that can pass pro. 

Free agents will sign with the Riders if Milanovich is there. But knowing the Riders, they'll cheap out & hire Mark Killam. 

12 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Argos re-signed Mace in Oct., but I guess that would not prevent him from taking a HC job if it was offered.

Assistants usually have an out. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I talk a lot of trash about guys like suitor, and deservedly so imo. But he does love the cfl, not just the riders. He’s a total homer but the few people with legit passion for the league do deserve that credit. 

Suitor does love the CFL as he's been involved as a player & analyst going on 40 years. I've no doubt about that. But the young 20/30 somethings who cover the league use it for career advancement instead of making it a career. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I in a way hope that happens...as MBT will not be cheap, so they will be saddled with a nice fat QB contact again...and who knows what he will look like away from the CFL for 2 yrs

46 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

which leads to my first point....good luck fixing that then as they need at least 2 free agent studs....which will hoop em for over 320k alone....so slap that with 500...550k for Looney Tunes and theres almost 1m of your cap on nothing thats guaranteed...especially a 36 yr old QB who has been away a whole season

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I in a way hope that happens...as MBT will not be cheap, so they will be saddled with a nice fat QB contact again...and who knows what he will look like away from the CFL for 2 yrs

which leads to my first point....good luck fixing that then as they need at least 2 free agent studs....which will hoop em for over 320k alone....so slap that with 500...550k for Looney Tunes and theres almost 1m of your cap on nothing thats guaranteed...especially a 36 yr old QB who has been away a whole season

Only way is if they save big time at qb. Then they’d be settling for the likes of heavy balls and what they have. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Between Irving and Tait it’s wild that the Bombers had the 2 best CFL media guys of my lifetime working for the club. 

Was listening to Bob guesting on OB yesterday. If anything, he sounds more energized than before retirement.

Clearly, he just needed a break, now -Get that man back on the mic!

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Was listening to Bob guesting on OB yesterday. If anything, he sounds more energized than before retirement.

Clearly, he just needed a break, now -Get that man back on the mic!

Could you imagine him on regular pregames instead of Tait? I love Ed, but he has a voice for writing. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

41 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Could you imagine him on regular pregames instead of Tait? I love Ed, but he has a voice for writing. 

This is a personal thing as everyone's ears are different, but for me personally, I love Ed on the CJOB pre-game. When it was Irving, Tait and Doug Brown, there was nothing on the planet I enjoyed listening to more. I would pay money to sit and listen to those 3 guys talk CFL football.  But again, that's just me... everyone has different things they enjoy hearing. 

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is a personal thing as everyone's ears are different, but for me personally, I love Ed on the CJOB pre-game. When it was Irving, Tait and Doug Brown, there was nothing on the planet I enjoyed listening to more. I would pay money to sit and listen to those 3 guys talk CFL football.  But again, that's just me... everyone has different things they enjoy hearing. 

For me his voice has always been kind of grating.
His knowledge of the game and stories from the past more than make up for it though. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

For me his voice has always been kind of grating.
His knowledge of the game and stories from the past more than make up for it though. 

That’s Bauming for me.

Also, I like listening to Hustler generally, but he does not know how to interview a person. He always asks the question, answers the question, and then waits for the person to respond but they’re always dumbfounded because he just answered his own question already. Annoys me so much.