CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Hopefully we take full advantage of this lineup on Labour Day and at the Banjo Bowl. Since I am hoping, I hope that Dickenson gets a 4 year extension and that O'Day gets a similar deal.

I hope this injury to Harris is enough to make it seem an extension to Dickyboi is warranted haha...

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I dunno, Dan Clark at CB is quite the comeback story at his age and size. 

2022-23 off season

O’Day: what we do to get you to come back?  Name it and we’ll make it happen.

Dan Clark: I’ve always wanted to try playing DB

O’Day: Done. Hell we’ll even put you on the boundary corner.  Can you say CFL All Star!

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

2022-23 off season

O’Day: what we do to get you to come back?  Name it and we’ll make it happen.

Dan Clark: I’ve always wanted to try playing DB

O’Day: Done. Hell we’ll even put you on the boundary corner.  Can you say CFL All Star!

its not CFL all-star any more...It's CFL Dan Clarkeage

What could we trade to Edmonton for Jake Ceresna?

Rights to Buck Pierce potential future as a head coach?

Ceresna would be the perfect player to add to our DL, impactful in every spot.  Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Walker, Ceresna plus the Canadians would be stacked.

Like Casey Sayles but good.  Should be the kind of guy they are scanning their scouting lists for to get up here ASAP.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ceresna would be the perfect player to add to our DL, impactful in every spot.  Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Walker, Ceresna plus the Canadians would be stacked.

Like Casey Sayles but good.  Should be the kind of guy they are scanning their scouting lists for to get up here ASAP.

I'd like to pry that thug Moustafa Johnson out of Mtl...dudes a beast...and cheaper for now

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Maybe offer to pay half of jones’ cap hit too lol. Kola Bennett and walker. 

Apparently Bombers have shown an interest in Lemon....along with a few other clubs, according to Farhan.....Does he improve our D upfront ??? Kicking his tires at this stage in the season, says to me we aren't that thrilled with our rush or penetration ....Would we....should we be making a concentrated effort to bring him in??

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Apparently Bombers have shown an interest in Lemon....along with a few other clubs, according to Farhan.....Does he improve our D upfront ??? Kicking his tires at this stage in the season, says to me we aren't that thrilled with our rush or penetration ....Would we....should we be making a concentrated effort to bring him in??

We have three rotational DEs in Jefferson, Jeffcoat and Habba, Habba is hurt. We need Lemon or somebody else.

47 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We need a 3rd rotational end...plain and simple...and he also can move along line like WJ and Jackson does in not just an end capacity...if Haba down a bit it's a no brainer

Is wilcotts still with Cats? Or he hurt...I liked what he brought ...could play inside and outside

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

If it’s not Lemon, it’s gotta be somebody. We’ll see. I would imagine they’d prefer to make a trade for a guy like Bennett or Kongbo before bringing in Lemon, but it’s tough to say. 

Have to agree...gotta be someone we bring in..does Sterling get another shot? 

If we could pry away Kongbo I'd be game...not like they using him lots and would be the easiest guy to integrate here

On 2023-07-21 at 11:19 AM, Booch said:

what part of this would make even the half intelligent fan fee good?....good grief....our moaning and groaning is peanuts compared to this atrocity

Starting QB, entire starting receiver corp, and 3/5ths of their Oline is injured and not playing.     It’ll be interesting to see how they do if they can ever get healthy.    It’s a miracle they are 3-2, tonight will be tough. 

53 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Lemon is just there for free (in the sense you don’t have to give anything up to get him) so it is the quickest fix.

I wish we had Wilcots back.

Not only would he not cost us something extra, we'd keep the argo's from getting their mitts on him..... Apparently four other clubs are interested in Lemon's services.....including the argo's....I wouldn't like to see the Lemonater headed to a team like T.O. who have a fairly good D as it is..Next fri is the day of decision for Lemon according to tsn....He'll be headed somewhere????

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Bombers to Lemon: "Come play for us. We'll try to make it work financially for both of us ."

Lemon to Bombers: Show me the money or I'll go play for the worst team in the CFL. I don't care if I make the playoffs. I don't care if I win a Grey Cup. I just want to get paid!!!"

Bombers to Lemon: "See ya."

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bombers to Lemon: "Come play for us. We'll try to make it work financially for both of us ."

Lemon to Bombers: Show me the money or I'll go play for the worst team in the CFL. I don't care if I make the playoffs. I don't care if I win a Grey Cup. I just want to get paid!!!"

Bombers to Lemon: "See ya."

I hear ya......It would have to be a friendly deal....Playing for us gets you a shot at playoff dough....I don't think he'd say no to that...He seems like a CFL mercenary ....that might not sit well with fifo and might leave us out of the running....so who knows....Maybe we're that desperate???We've sure painted ourselves into a corner

28 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I hear ya......It would have to be a friendly deal....Playing for us gets you a shot at playoff dough....I don't think he'd say no to that...He seems like a CFL mercenary ....that might not sit well with fifo and might leave us out of the running....so who knows....Maybe we're that desperate???We've sure painted ourselves into a corner

Well he's already bailed on us once. Just walked out of camp so he's got a strike against him with the FEEEEEFOOOOOOOOO THAT I LOVE SO ******* MUCH!!!!!!!

But apparently they're desperate so...... Maybe?