CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know, I hate the Riders but to see the Elks lose this game makes me feel good. Seeing Jones' Elks team blow that game was a fun thing to see. It couldn't have happened to a better prick. 

I'm so torn with that one.  I can't stand Chris Jones so I'm always more than happy to see him lose, but I do feel bad for the Edmonton fans.  I also can't stand Sask, or their fans.  I'd slightly prefer Edmonton to have won, for their fans... but like you said, it couldn't have happened to a better prick.

37 minutes ago, Sard said:

I'm so torn with that one.  I can't stand Chris Jones so I'm always more than happy to see him lose, but I do feel bad for the Edmonton fans.  I also can't stand Sask, or their fans.  I'd slightly prefer Edmonton to have won, for their fans... but like you said, it couldn't have happened to a better prick.

In situations like these knowing that someone is going to "win" I always hope that they both look absolutely awful... so from that standpoint mission accomplished? 

8 hours ago, Sard said:

Yeah I feel bad for the Elks fan base, and the players on that team, as there are some quality ones, and no player deserves that....Riders fan base....are just clueless idiots (for the most part), and will take this "win" as another big sign of turning the corner....which is laughable.

Horrible coaching....still....the undisciplined play creeping back in....again....and hitching a wagon to 38 yr old Harris isn't a plan for sustained success there and building anything past this yr...his one scramble in that last drive I seriously thought he was gonna keel over and collapse...he barely could get to the sideline....typical Harris....300 Yards passing....11 points scored.....and they won from total ineptitude from a poor team that's being led by to be frank a total A-hole and idiot....and even then, the won....I guess you can call it won but they didn't really do anything to make themselves feel good about themselves, or where they are going

13 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Games like that, such ineptitude on both sides - I love this league but that's just embarrassing for the CFL.

Yea not pretty in all facets of the game. 

I've come to the point where I'm actually cheering for teams like the Elks, Riders etc to get better and more entertaining real fast for the health of our league.

It looked real amateurish last night that does not bode well for viewers wondering about this game.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Riders 3-1 with 2 games so far vs. The L'ks.... slow clap. 

and both in all actuality they should have lost....Dumb goal line plays in game one....dumb special teams play to gift them a point for the win in game 2...and really...that win vs CGY was also a stupid playcall and INT in endzone as well...they should be realistically 0-4 with our beat down mixed in...if that not a smoke and mirrors and most undeserving 3-1 record ever...I dont know what is...thats a bad...weak team...top to bottom...coaching through roster.....how anyone there can be positive of what they have seen is beyond me

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Riders 3-1 with 2 games so far vs. The L'ks.... slow clap. 

Considering how narrow each of their victories was against struggling teams I would not be impressed if I were a Rider fan.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

and both in all actuality they should have lost....Dumb goal line plays in game one....dumb special teams play to gift them a point for the win in game 2...and really...that win vs CGY was also a stupid playcall and INT in endzone as well...they should be realistically 0-4 with our beat down mixed in...if that not a smoke and mirrors and most undeserving 3-1 record ever...I dont know what is...thats a bad...weak team...top to bottom...coaching through roster.....how anyone there can be positive of what they have seen is beyond me

They aren't a very good club. Just a really fortunate schedule with the exception of playing us. They get an imploding Elks twice, a decimated by injury and out of synch Stamps team in the first month. 

51 minutes ago, Tracker said:

For all of the hyped changes, Riders did not look a lot better than last year. If it wasn't for the inept Elks and woeful Stamps, they would still be bottom feeders.

They would be winless...and I didn't think that online could be and look worse....I thought wrong. 

Apparently tho I read on RFans that they have the deepest receiving corp in league...so they got that going for them lol

Edited by Booch

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

They would be winless...and I didn't think that online could be and look worse....I thought wrong. 

Apparently tho I read on RFans that they have the deepest receiving corp in league...so they got that going for them lol

When all your receivers are ham and eggers the drop off to a ham and egger back up is barely noticeable. But hey, yardage between the 20's where most receivers can ALWAYS get soft coverages if you throw enough times is the yard stick they wanna use over in Rider land. Sorry, red zone receiver production, 2nd down conversions, YPC, and having a high % completion to target has always been my gold standards. Having 10 targets for 70 yards is not great receiver or QB play and that is the RIder offence in a nutshell. Spray balls around for a crap load of passing attempts, most in the 5-7 yard range and rack up completions and yardage by default then crow about how great your QB and receivers are in a game your team scored 11 points. SMH.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

When all your receivers are ham and eggers the drop off to a ham and egger back up is barely noticeable. But hey, yardage between the 20's where most receivers can ALWAYS get soft coverages if you throw enough times is the yard stick they wanna use over in Rider land. Sorry, red zone receiver production, 2nd down conversions, YPC, and having a high % completion to target has always been my gold standards. Having 10 targets for 70 yards is not great receiver or QB play and that is the RIder offence in a nutshell. Spray balls around for a crap load of passing attempts, most in the 5-7 yard range and rack up completions and yardage by default then crow about how great your QB and receivers are in a game your team scored 11 points. SMH.

that basically sums up the Rider offence....and Harris' career....no wonder they think its a beautiful fit

4 hours ago, Booch said:

"Deep" doesn't necessarily mean "best"- it means they have the most receivers, That's all.