2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Horrible news on Saulsberry....What a jungle down there.....Americans have a lot to be proud of in their country but the gun violence cancels a lot of that out..Last place in the world I would want to live

Or get shanked in Winnipeg. Is that any better?

On 2022-12-14 at 3:29 PM, Noeller said:

that's a really great point and is a big deal for me. We were dogshit for so long... as far as I'm concerned, every other team can eat a bag of dicks for a good long time, while we sit on the top of the mountain drinking the good water.

I can hear Dave the Bear saying that last line there like it was yesterday lol

17 hours ago, bryan35 said:

Or get shanked in Winnipeg. Is that any better?

comparing the Peg to that dung hole of gun madness is ludicrous....At least our kids can can still go to school without being murdered in their classroom....Certainly we have problems in this country but we haven't reached the level of slaughter in that country....no way no how

All you have to know about America is that there are States where you can wear a handgun strapped to your thigh, and buy a killing machine and they all use the 2nd amendment to justify it even though the people that wrote it would of never of imagined the destruction of today's handguns and assault rifles. Anyways we are getting way off topic, how about that Maas signing🙃

Edited by bustamente

Yes.....back to football.....I don't know how you square hiring an ex coach who was fired ...turned OC and then fired and then make him your headcoach ..Does Dancing Danny in Mont. know something the rest of the league doesn't.....It'll be interesting to see if Maas can keep his cool and has dropped the tantrum routine when things go bad....A leopard doesn't ever change his spots but can coaches, other than location

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Anyways we are getting way off topic, how about that Maas signing🙃

I for one, am looking forward to Maas' signature sideline meltdowns. 

There should be an MBB pool picking the first poor victim (inanimate or otherwise) destroyed by Maas' tantrums. 

My money says, a waterboy.

Question: Former Blue Bomber, Esks, Riders & Argos receiver Craig Ellis has been leading the charge on social media for awhile now that former QB Damon Allen should be hired as an OC in the CFL. At the very least a qb coach but according to Craig, he can't get a job in the CFL. Allen was the CFL's leading qb passing yardage wise until Anthony Calvillo passed him more than a decade ago. Allen is 59 while AC is in his early 50's. My question is, Is their failure to either be hired (in Allen's case) or to move up in AC's case two examples of ageism in the CFL? We constantly complain the same coaches get recycled yet two of the greatest players at their position seem to be frozen out. Is the CFL not giving them the opportunity they may deserve because they think both guys are too old? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Question: Former Blue Bomber, Esks, Riders & Argos receiver Craig Ellis has been leading the charge on social media for awhile now that former QB Damon Allen should be hired as an OC in the CFL. At the very least a qb coach but according to Craig, he can't get a job in the CFL. Allen was the CFL's leading qb passing yardage wise until Anthony Calvillo passed him more than a decade ago. Allen is 59 while AC is in his early 50's. My question is, Is their failure to either be hired (in Allen's case) or to move up in AC's case two examples of ageism in the CFL? We constantly complain the same coaches get recycled yet two of the greatest players at their position seem to be frozen out. Is the CFL not giving them the opportunity they may deserve because they think both guys are too old? 

Those that can do, those that can't teach. Being a good qb or player doesn't always mean you can be a good coach.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

There should be an MBB pool picking the first poor victim (inanimate or otherwise) destroyed by Maas' tantrums. 

The Maas of the Week.

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Those that can do, those that can't teach. Being a good qb or player doesn't always mean you can be a good coach.

You to do (to an extent) in order to teach. That is, if you're teaching effectively.

5 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

If he loses it on one of those horn-monkeys at Molson Stadium, they should erect a statue to him.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We need a Maas losing it pool for 2023.

This could be fun. Are you proposing a weekly, what minute of the game type thing or a how many times each game or season long? Could be like the lock of the week, pick the quarter, 5 strikes and you’re out?

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Assuming Damon Allen is using this guy as a vessel to get his message out it reminds me of Warren Moon. Warren wanted to go directly to GM of the Edmonton Football Team after years away from the league.  And with this guy pushing for him to be an OC again it seems like he probably wants to skip a few steps. 

15 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

This could be fun. Are you proposing a weekly, what minute of the game type thing or a how many times each game or season long? Could be like the lock of the week, pick the quarter, 5 strikes and you’re out?

Each week, maybe you have to pick the item or person and if he goes off? 5 strikes and youre out.