Grey Cup 2022 GDT

K-Shack

I thought Buck Pierce had a really rough game plan today. Way too much Prukop, thought he was trying real hard to pull off the fancy play. Maybe he was trying for a change of pace since Collaros was also brutal, but I'm surprised we couldn't generate more in the run game when needed.

You don't often see the Bombers fail at so many spots in one game. Offense (Collaros and Pierce especially) was just off all night. Defense didn't make the major play that we thought they would. Liegghio's short kick offs and missed kicks made the difference too. Plenty of blame to go around.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Loss isnt on Leggz...was on offence and poor game.plan...plain and simple

Legghio cost us, period. His leg isn't strong enough and neither is his psyche. But I agree about the offence, Buck's play calling was outright bizarre at times. Did he out-think himself? I'll still be back next year. Hopefully, Leggs isn't.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need to shore up our interior DL. We need a different kicker. 

I hope losing this game gives them some flexibility on making some changes.  Our D lost the big play quality this year.  We need some change across the DL.  Jeffcoat might be the best player in the league but if he can't stay healthy he's not a huge factor.  Jefferson I could take or leave at this point.  Nice situational rusher but disappears most of the time, basically a non-factor in this game.  The fact we had to blitz so much to create pressure put our D at constant risk downfield and is a huge departure from why the 19 and 21 teams were great.

Need a few ballhawks.  I like Parker as much as he made a big mistake on special teams tonight that was a big blow before the Argo TD drive.

Just now, Blue_Dragoon said:

This seems like an overreaction. Bad game but the team has been great and I hope they all come back (minus Legghio).

Yeah...that's an angry knee jerk...we layed an egg and the team that played better today won...**** happens 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The downfall was that Prukop trick play...   Brady ran for 11 yards time was grinding down with us having momentum.   Why not do another run to Brady or maybe even get Demski involved on a sweep.   Where was the short passes to Bailey?    That one bomb gave Argos the momentum and the win.   The Blue got cocky and it cost them the game.  

Also nobody on D made a big play when it was needed.  Kelly running for 20 on 2nd and 15 should not have happened. 

He badly juked Bighill there. And Willie had a great game but that offside on the previous play ended up proving costly. 

Just now, kschach said:

He badly juked Bighill there. And Willie had a great game but that offside on the previous play ended up proving costly. 

Great game?  Not sure he really did anything.  Tipped one ball that a QB under pressure (not from him) was throwing away and tipped another ball on Kelly.

Think we need a lot more pass rush at that paycheque.  We only got it when we went cover 0 rushing 6 which also exposed the secondary.

2 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I thought Buck Pierce had a really rough game plan today. Way too much Prukop, thought he was trying real hard to pull off the fancy play. Maybe he was trying for a change of pace since Collaros was also brutal, but I'm surprised we couldn't generate more in the run game when needed.

You don't often see the Bombers fail at so many spots in one game. Offense (Collaros and Pierce especially) was just off all night. Defense didn't make the major play that we thought they would. Liegghio's short kick offs and missed kicks made the difference too. Plenty of blame to go around.

I reluctantly agree with you. I want to blame one guy but this really was a team loss. 

oh btw who the hell is Chad Kelly? Lol.

Toronto doesn’t make the playoffs next year is my guess. They are not a good football team and I’m not just saying that for my extreme dislike of Toronto teams.

Their average beat our mediocre today.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Great game?  Not sure he really did anything.  Tipped one ball that a QB under pressure (not from him) was throwing away and tipped another ball on Kelly.

Think we need a lot more pass rush at that paycheque.  We only got it when we went cover 0 rushing 6 which also exposed the secondary.

The one on Kelly looked like it was going to get picked by Nichols, possibly for 6, if he didn't deflect it too. Not that he could have known that.

Just now, White Out said:

I think the argos D had a great game. it happens, any given sunday. Are they the better team? **** of course not.

I think the O was too predictable tho. I didn't see a single fancy run from Demski, a pitch out, jetsweep, nothing

Agree...100 percent...we just had an all around bad game...and I sure staff and players who are back learned from it..u cant win em all...and hey...we could be in the Riders situation....

I think the sequence going with Grant getting the TD, missing the XP, letting the Argos drive for a FG and then that terrible Prukop arm punt was the turning point. 

You have this amazing play that should tilt the field against the Argos but you let them chip back into the game.

If there is any silver lining, losing the game in such a manner might keep the team together more for next year. 3 straight and you might see some of the grizzled vets ride off into the sunset. Miserable end to the game might keep them wanting more!

Sheer stupidity lost us the game. How you have your backup quarterback, who has proven for years he doesn’t throw the ball with any skill or ability to read a defence whatsoever when you just took all the momentum with Grant's return is beyond me. That entire fourth quarter should have been Olivera and 5-7 yard passes. The deep opportunities weren't there all night and we kept trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. Moronic display of coaching and scheming all night.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Sheer stupidity lost us the game. How you have your backup quarterback, who has proven for years he doesn’t throw the ball with any skill or ability to read a defence whatsoever when you just took all the momentum with Grant's return is beyond me. That entire fourth quarter should have been Olivera and 5-7 yard passes. The deep opportunities weren't there all night and we kept trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. Moronic display of coaching and scheming all night.

That play was just a mess. There were two receivers in the same area too which is never good.