Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

not during the closed practice...the OPEN one..... you want the media to see that. Have him take a bunch of reps today and give the thumbs up, then when the practice opens to the media, wheel him in on a stretcher with a huge fake cast on his right leg. Just to watch 3DN have a stroke about it...

If one of our players said they didn’t know who the backup was I’d be embarrassed 

Let alone a vet like Chris Edwards 

That **** team is here by default and doesn’t belong here.

Makes sense now that MOS really didn’t give any compliments to the Argos staff- the most he said is that Dumbass was a competitive player (not even good).

The Argos are in over their head.

Bums

Edited by Geebrr

I was there, the wind was a massive factor.  TV didn’t do it justice. 

The Argos don’t belong here, they don’t even like each other. 

We will **** them up.

I love them saying the obstacles from the season have them ready for anything on Sunday.

Like they overcame them? You just just went through it and came out worse, not like you learned anything or got better. 

#failingupwards

Edited by Geebrr

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't want to go back to the days when we can't just talk nonstop **** about other teams. We took so much crap from the chuckleheads in other fanbases it is very liberating being able to throw it all back at them and I don't really feel like getting off this high horse 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

sorry fellas, my bag of **** You's is still at least half full.... I have many many more to hand out. Life at the top of the mountain is very good...I have no interest in leaving the perch.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I dont think anyone has any b interest in vacating the top spot. I know I am not... 

Also, I prefer to sit atop the mountain look back at the climb to here and enjoy the view from here. I am not interested in flinging **** downwards. Lol

But yeah, 30 years of people laughing and pointing and "unfinished business part 11" and blah blah... yeah, I can see why lots of people have a bag of "**** yous" to hand out.

I fall in the same category as @Wanna-B-Fanboy . I don’t have the energy to insult other fanbases. But no need to apologize @Noeller or @17to85, there is no right or wrong way to be a fan, whatever feeds your spirit is right for you. Personally, not sure whether to envy your passion that I cannot muster up, or feel sorry for any of your lingering bitterness and the need to exact revenge. 

Only speaking for myself, never felt the need to be bothered by or feel inferior to other fans who I don’t know from a hole in the ground who want to trash talk, and never get the need to return fire to feel the karmic payback of superiority. Our time at the bottom will surely come again, sport is cyclical, and for my thinking if I dish it out now I’d better be able to take it without whining when it is someone else’s turn at the top. But again, no fault of those who do engage, nice to have those passionate fans to carry the torch for the team as well and take on the haters.  

Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but after the 2019 Cup win I felt less elated than I did relieved, and I realized what a mental toll the 29 years of losing took on my psyche. And it disappointed me a bit that I would allow it to eat away at my soul like that, and that finally winning fet less good than the pain of all those losses made me feel bad. Also reminded of the phrase “sports is not there to bring you happiness, it’s there to allow you feel miserable in a large group” and something finally made me decide that this was a lousy way to lead my life following sports.

It has brought me more peace and acceptance that if we lose, the sun will rise again and we can take a run at it next year, and that the more important things in my life are still there. And can appreciate what a run we are on now without any bitterness or comeuppance to other fans as part of it.

On the other hand, it is disappointing knowing that the truly unbridled, unhinged joy of winning is just not there for me anymore either, so losing that innocence about sport in a way is sad. I know a few other older fans who had the same reaction, wondering if anyone here felt that way?

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

There are high school fields in the US that hold 25,000 people

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Well saying it is better than high school stadiums in Winnipeg is a low bar.

Saying it has better turf than IGF’s 10 year old turf is also a low bar, the soccer fields next to IGF probably have better turf.

You said it rivals major high schools in the States…I strongly doubt it. 

Not going to Tburg this to death, I didn't intend to imply all US high schools but the description struck me very close to the field Collaros played his HS football on as described in the article shared here yesterday.

No matter where the teams practice **** the Riders and **** the Argos and their Toronto is the centre of the universe owners.

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I fall in the same category as @Wanna-B-Fanboy . I don’t have the energy to insult other fanbases. But no need to apologize @Noeller or @17to85, there is no right or wrong way to be a fan, whatever feeds your spirit is right for you. Personally, not sure whether to envy your passion that I cannot muster up, or feel sorry for any of your lingering bitterness and the need to exact revenge. 

Only speaking for myself, never felt the need to be bothered by or feel inferior to other fans who I don’t know from a hole in the ground who want to trash talk, and never get the need to return fire to feel the karmic payback of superiority. Our time at the bottom will surely come again, sport is cyclical, and for my thinking if I dish it out now I’d better be able to take it without whining when it is someone else’s turn at the top. But again, no fault of those who do engage, nice to have those passionate fans to carry the torch for the team as well and take on the haters.  

Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but after the 2019 Cup win I felt less elated than I did relieved, and I realized what a mental toll the 29 years of losing took on my psyche. And it disappointed me a bit that I would allow it to eat away at my soul like that, and that finally winning fet less good than the pain of all those losses made me feel bad. Also reminded of the phrase “sports is not there to bring you happiness, it’s there to allow you feel miserable in a large group” and something finally made me decide that this was a lousy way to lead my life following sports.

It has brought me more peace and acceptance that if we lose, the sun will rise again and we can take a run at it next year, and that the more important things in my life are still there. And can appreciate what a run we are on now without any bitterness or comeuppance to other fans as part of it.

On the other hand, it is disappointing knowing that the truly unbridled, unhinged joy of winning is just not there for me anymore either, so losing that innocence about sport in a way is sad. I know a few other older fans who had the same reaction, wondering if anyone here felt that way?

After many years of losing I can remember conversations with Noeller saying to him that some day they're going to win and all of this will be worth it. We're just enjoying the moment because as fans we earned it the hard way.

22 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I fall in the same category as @Wanna-B-Fanboy . I don’t have the energy to insult other fanbases.

I love this whole weird league of ours and TBH if Hamilton had managed to close out last year's Grey Cup I would have been happy because the game was real competitive & dramatic.  Certainly less happy than I was with the epic bomber win, but I wouldn't have been too bummed about a bomber Grey Cup loss in 2021.

The only team I really hate is the maple leafs. I grew up around a lot of super dumb Leaf fans and so I will continue to celebrate Leafs Elimination Day and if I need a pick-me up I go and read about their recent playoff collapses.

Edited by johnzo

11 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Not going to Tburg this to death, I didn't intend to imply all US high schools but the description struck me very close to the field Collaros played his HS football on as described in the article shared here yesterday.

No matter where the teams practice **** the Riders and **** the Argos and their Toronto is the centre of the universe owners.

Notes to self to avoid MBB backlash:

• Do not make a claim about anything
  • Do not even make a partial claim about anything
  • Do not even make a partial claim that is someone else's claim about anything
  • Hire a lawyer on retainer to deal with people picking your words apart
  • Pick up one 66 of Weiser's Blended at the liquor store
  • There's a deal on chips at Sobey's - better hop on that

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont think he will ever be a NFL starter or even a backup...

why not?

CFL fans sure are down on their league.  Streveler is on a roster.

There are cfl qb's who made the NFL, started in the NFL, had success there, and one is in their hall of fame.

wierd.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Hey, are you telling other posters to how be a better fan on this site???? Mr. Holier than Thou???????? (my lawyer is hovering over my shoulder telling me this is how I should interpret your words and start a fight, er, I mean “discussion”)

And I take no issue with your last 2 points. Carry on. 😁

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I'm learning... Not even going to make a comment about Wiser's...