3 stars plus hh bc sucks

wbbfan

12 hours ago, bearpants said:

On that last drive when the crowd was going crazy and Rourke couldn't get it together... allowing the clock to run down from 33 to 13 seconds left... I don't know if I've ever experienced a bigger home field advantage in my life...  they should've been able to run three plays there... I pointed out the clock to my fellow yellers and said (yelled) "does he know the clock is running?" 

That was a helluva thing to watch. As Suitor said, it was a disaster for the Lions. Rourke just looked lost. Didn't have a clue what to do. I kept thinking of the days in multiple years during the mid 80's in the playoffs at BC Place when 54000 fans did the same thing to us. Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

On 2022-11-13 at 9:23 PM, johnzo said:

my crunch of the game: 

BC receiver is fighting hard thru multiple tackles for an oliveira-style first down. 

Looks like he might make it, he's really givin er out there.  Could be a great football play--

but then BA comes into the frame like a goddman thunderbolt and stops him COLD.

100% pure downhill safety play.  You love to see it.

my block of the game:

Bailey, multiple times.

Once he led B.Oli through the line like a damn fullback.  Another time, he came flying in to chip a BC guy and turned a zero-yard swing pass into a five-yard Oli rumble.

we crap on TSN but I really appreciate Suitor and company calling out those sweet blocks.  Featured in the replay both times.  Suitor does have a legit solid appreciation of hard nosed lunchpail players.

It's hard to appreciate when all the other stuff he says takes away from it. 

19 hours ago, bearpants said:

On that last drive when the crowd was going crazy and Rourke couldn't get it together... allowing the clock to run down from 33 to 13 seconds left... I don't know if I've ever experienced a bigger home field advantage in my life...  they should've been able to run three plays there... I pointed out the clock to my fellow yellers and said (yelled) "does he know the clock is running?" 

We were yelling and staring at the clock, just watching in disbelief at what was happening.  Truly one of the highlights of my many Bomber experiences. I will never forget it.

19 hours ago, bearpants said:

I did the same thing. Im standing there watching and waiting for them to break the huddle and theyre all just standing there. I was yelling "Holy s**t, look at the clock, what the F are they doing?!?!" Lol. I dont think ive ever seen anything like that in my life.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I did the same thing. Im standing there watching and waiting for them to break the huddle and theyre all just standing there. I was yelling "Holy s**t, look at the clock, what the F are they doing?!?!" Lol. I dont think ive ever seen anything like that in my life.

Wargames vibes.

giphy.gif

YUP...Experience...or lack thereof shined through there for sure...question is now....can he overcome that as he plays more...or is that something that will continually haunt him....falls into the category of cracking under pressure and in the big games...ala Evans in his cup trips....world beater in reg season and when beating up on lesser thans...but when the lights came on...and the pressure was there...he wilted...badly.

Also curious how his foot feels after that... bombers made him have to run a ton because the coverage was too tight for his usual first read and throw quick. Ritchie Hall really did do what he alluded to in his pregame interviews. Toyed with a young qb. Only things of note Rourke did were when they got to desperation time and he just heaved prayers hoping his receivers could push off and make the catch.

11 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I love Miller so very much 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

YUP...Experience...or lack thereof shined through there for sure...question is now....can he overcome that as he plays more...or is that something that will continually haunt him....falls into the category of cracking under pressure and in the big games...ala Evans in his cup trips....world beater in reg season and when beating up on lesser thans...but when the lights came on...and the pressure was there...he wilted...badly.

If you were there, experience or not that play wasn’t happening - you couldn’t even hear your own thoughts let alone the call through the helmet 

21 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m not sure about he could have played the last couple of series. As soon as he began to run out onto the field, he automatically came up somewhat lame, stopped and turned around shaking his head that he was not good to go. His mobility is obviously key to the type of game he plays so he would have been severely limited in what he could usually do if he had to go out there. I’m sure tho the trainers will perform their magic and he will be good to go come Sunday.

Collaros had his ankle taped up so it was immobile and could not flex it to run. The game was almost certainly in the bag at that point

Have to give a shout out to Miller. He made some great blocks for Brady O, he made a key "block"(more just got in the way of a defender without taking a penalty) on Grant's punt return TD, and he totally blew up that kick return guy (legally) Hansen style. Just such a force out there.

HH to Hardrick for keeping Demski's Bomber flag from touching the trophy at the presentation.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I love Miller so very much 

If you were there, experience or not that play wasn’t happening - you couldn’t even hear your own thoughts let alone the call through the helmet 

Working at home today and had the replay of the game on in the background. Watched that last drive again, truly unbelievable how it played out. BC had 95 seconds to move 96 yards, if you run an effective 3 minute drill you can move one yard per second as a rough guideline. Lions moved 40 yards up to the last play, used 32 seconds of play clock to move those 40 yards, and wasted 63 seconds of running clock time in the huddle on 5 plays. Just completely thrown off by the noise, twice burning off the full 20 second clock to get the play off. Utter confusion.

Also props to Ritchie Hall for rushing 4 all game, then dialling up the 7 man blitz to start the last drive and get the Darby sack. Total change of pace call that befuddled BC the rest of the way on that last drive.