3 stars plus hh bc sucks

wbbfan

I'm still thawing out as I type this. My first playoff game at IGF (couldn't go last year because of health stuff). I'm so grateful to witness this team -- from going to the 2019 Cup in Calgary to today.

1) Brady O. Accounted for 45% of our total yards from scrimmage. So glad we stuck with him and that Walters chose him as our RB1 in the off-season. Monster game.

2) Darby. A great pass breakup and we finally got to Rourke on his SAM blitz. Welcome back to the family, Alden.

3) Willie. Strip sack and a pass knockdown for two impact plays in the first half (if memory serves me correct).

Honourable mention to Lawrence for a great pass breakup. Our secondary looks so good.

HH to the crowd. That was the most electric atmosphere I've been a part of at IGF. The last game of this magnitude I've been a part of in person was the 2011 Eastern Final. Let's get a better result best week at IG West!

Edited by kschach
Rename Regina to IG West

33 minutes ago, kschach said:

I'm still thawing out as I type this. My first playoff game at IGF (couldn't go last year because of health stuff). I'm so grateful to witness this team -- from going to the 2019 Cup in Calgary to today.

2021 health stuff can go to hell.

Congrats on being well and enjoy your 1/30000 share of the crowd HH.  :)

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That last drive was unbelievable.  At a certain point around 1 min forget trying to get everyone the call and just go sandlot 

I don't think I've ever seen a team come apart like that on their final crunch-time chance, especially in the playoffs.  Even the worst teams in the CFL can get lined up when they get down to crunch time, it just seems like basic football competency.  and most of these players have played in front of bigger crowds than the IGF one. 

Bombers played down far enough to give the Lions a longshot 60-second drive to redemption and the Lions were just flat-out were not ready for the opportunity.

TSN talked about the numerous second-year starters on the team, implying that's a young team by CFL standards.  Some of them definitely got an opportunity to learn a lesson yesterday.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He stunts very very seldom blitzes. Generally 1 lber. He was jail break blitzing on the last drive. 

A couple times during the game I noticed that Bighill was blitzing while WJ was dropping into pass coverage ... looked like they were trying to bait throws to crossers running through Biggie's space...

Edited by johnzo

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

I don't think I've ever seen a team come apart like that on their final crunch-time chance, especially in the playoffs.  Even the worst teams in the CFL can get lined up when they get down to crunch time, it just seems like basic football competency.  and most of these players have played in front of bigger crowds than the IGF one. 

they were so concerned with the weather they forgot about the thirty thousand screaming lunatics in the stands. 

my crunch of the game: 

BC receiver is fighting hard thru multiple tackles for an oliveira-style first down. 

Looks like he might make it, he's really givin er out there.  Could be a great football play--

but then BA comes into the frame like a goddman thunderbolt and stops him COLD.

100% pure downhill safety play.  You love to see it.

my block of the game:

Bailey, multiple times.

Once he led B.Oli through the line like a damn fullback.  Another time, he came flying in to chip a BC guy and turned a zero-yard swing pass into a five-yard Oli rumble.

we crap on TSN but I really appreciate Suitor and company calling out those sweet blocks.  Featured in the replay both times.  Suitor does have a legit solid appreciation of hard nosed lunchpail players.

Edited by johnzo

Stanley Bryant - anchor of our legendary OL - the man is going to his fifth Grey Cup

Brady O - gutsy effort. First year starter carried the O on his shoulders

The Jeffs - smashing mouths and taking names - all night

HH: Coach O'Shea & Co. This team is ready to play. Game in, game out

HHH: the D was only responsible for 11 points

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Section 230 was rockin all afternoon/evening! We hardly sat in the 4th quarter. Cowbell, horns, you name it... It was deafening. 

I've never seen so much beer consumed in sub-zero temps as I saw in Section 104 yesterday.  Continual streams to the beer stand. And yeah, no one was sitting in the last 5 minutes. 

20 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If we are worried about what happened in 1950 we are at an incomprehensible level of trying to find things to worry about.

Time to get revenge for the Mud Bowl

Welcome to life on a daily basis... Ha ha ha. There's always SOMETHING to be worried about. Right now, it's that Zach's ankle is the size of a grapefruit... 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Welcome to life on a daily basis... Ha ha ha. There's always SOMETHING to be worried about. Right now, it's that Zach's ankle is the size of a grapefruit... 

Post game Collaros and O'Shea said he'll be good to go, no concerns. Worst case stick a needle in it. Streveler was a beast in 2019 playing with an injury much worse. Zach will be fine.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I've never seen so much beer consumed in sub-zero temps as I saw in Section 104 yesterday.  Continual streams to the beer stand. And yeah, no one was sitting in the last 5 minutes. 

Passed out, lying in their own vomit if that first sentence connects to the second? 🙂

What an atmosphere yesterday, responsible for multiple time clock violations, a few illegal procedures and disrupting the ability to run a hurry up offence. 

True home field advantage.