Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

On 2022-10-14 at 7:33 PM, TBURGESS said:

I was a kinesiology student 20 years ago and I had reconstructed surgery due to arthritis so I'm an expert on Rourke's injury. LOL. Give me a break. You folks actually think either of those things make you an expert? What egos!

Shut up with your Rourke and BC Lion man crush already. This is a Bomber forum. Nauseating really. People are concerned that a player with a injury that generally takes 6-8 months to heal may be risking his career by coming back in 10 weeks. One does not have to have a medical degree to connect those dots.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not spinning anything, no matter how many times you accuse me of it. FTR: What do you think I'm spinning?

You obviously think BC's handling Rourke is wrong, which means you disagree with his doctors. It's like anti-vaxxers who think they know more than the Dr's who have spent their entire lives studying the problem. Hint: If you disagree with the experts, it's most likely that your opinion is the one that's wrong & no, being a trainer doesn't make you an expert.

I threw shade on you, not on everyone who played the game or coaches. It's better than calling you names. Maybe you're an ex CFL player, all star, who coaches at a professional level, but even that wouldn't make your opinion unassailable nor would it make you right about how BC is treating the Rourke injury. Why, because it's a medical issue. 

MOS tells the media that all his players, who still have their limbs attached to their bodies, are going to play. Do you think he's endangering his players? Of course not.

BTW: Why won't you answer the questions I asked about training injured players? That is your expertise, isn't it?

That's my first post on the matter. I didn't call you or ISO out personally. If you see yourself as an Internet Dr pretending to know what you're talking about then you are an Internet Dr. pretending to know what you're talking about. You could have just said to yourself... "That's not me" and moved on, but you chose to go on the offensive and repeat your "I used to be someone, now I train folks who may become someone" schtick.

what question...I barely read your rants as there no point in it....and I am not only person...media and others who think they rushing him...based on precedence of this particular injury in the history of it....and for your spinning....u spin so much people can't keep track

On 2022-10-15 at 11:55 AM, TBURGESS said:

My 'Narrative' is that the Doctors know more than all the internet keyboard warriors combined & that BC wouldn't take stupid chances on their franchise QB.

Lets try this another way... What percentage of elite players think they can beat the odds and come back sooner than average? Most? If you were training one who wanted to try to throw earlier than expected and that wouldn't hurt them, would you tell them no or let them throw? Would you as a trainer get the final say? I'd guess not, but it's your area of expertise so I'm asking. Even if throwing too early sets them back a couple of weeks, it doesn't matter as the season will be over anyway.

I know I've hit a nerve when you and others change from arguing the point and start calling me names. I take them as meaning I've won yet again.;)

simpletons would think that...

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Still waiting for those comments from doctors...

his spin....doctors?...lol

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

The Dr's let him practice, what more do you need?

no they didnt...was throwing on a side field...with no running or heavy weighted footwork....do u have a source for the doctor ok to fully [practice?

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Shut up with your Rourke and BC Lion man crush already. This is a Bomber forum. Nauseating really. People are concerned that a player with a injury that generally takes 6-8 months to heal may be risking his career by coming back in 10 weeks. One does not have to have a medical degree to connect those dots.

99% of time post surgery is 8 weeks....non bearing in a cast/boot, then you have at least 4 to 6 weeks of more non aggresive physio...healing...whatever u wanna call it...not straight to practicing and playing...but whatevs....will make no difference...they too flawed to advance with or without him

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

no they didnt...was throwing on a side field...with no running or heavy weighted footwork....do u have a source for the doctor ok to fully [practice?

99% of time post surgery is 8 weeks....non bearing in a cast/boot, then you have at least 4 to 6 weeks of more non aggresive physio...healing...whatever u wanna call it...not straight to practicing and playing...but whatevs....will make no difference...they too flawed to advance with or without him

Yes...We absolutely waxed them with Rourke fully healthy..on a bum foot it would be a blow out. I don't have to be a doctor to know there is zero chance Rourke can return at 100%.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Honestly fellas, he's doing this on purpose to troll ya's. If you just ignore, don't respond (best: use the ignore function to block his posts) it'll all just go away. Don't give it any daylight. 

TB is a closet Lion fan and commentary on anything Lions related should be ignored.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

TB is a closet Lion fan and commentary on anything Lions related should be ignored.

they are are generally trying to rush it no question...and is a slippery slope

Asked a colleague about it and he directed me to a study done for Shortening the Return-to-Play Times in Elite Athletes With Unstable Isolated Lisfranc Ligament Injuries....part of the study, and a reference to what Rourke had done to him states Lisfranc injuries in sport can be associated with prolonged return-to-play (RTP) time frames, which can be detrimental to an elite athlete’s career. A recent case series on the management of ligamentous Lisfranc injuries in elite athletes found that the mean RTP was 24.1 weeks for screw fixation. 15

So based on that....24 weeks has not occurred and he isn't fully healed, the study is trying to determine the efficiency of a new type of repair, to hopefully sped up recovery with different pieces of hardware in place which doesnt require additional surgery to have them renoved...further slowing down the process of RTP...

Just an FYI But I will go with and agree with a study done by the National Library of Medicine...moreso than blow hards and know it alls on a public forum....

32 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Nope, I expected the Lions to be last or 2nd last at the beginning of the season because of their QB situation. I think Rourke was the best QB in the league when healthy. I don't think that's called a man crush, but whatever.

@Booch So you got nothing on the spin front, cuz you don't read what I say, but you call it spin anyway. Sound about right coming from you.  You don't need the Dr's OK to throw at practice. As a trainer, you really believe that?

Is Rourke ahead of schedule ATM? Sure. Will he remain ahead of schedule? Neither you nor I know that answer, but I'm not pretending to know cuz I'm not a Dr and I don't play one on the internet. Last time I thought I knew more than the Dr's, I thought that Collaros wouldn't last past his first hit. I'm very happy to have been wrong about that, but it taught me a lesson. Don't pretend to know more than the experts. One day, maybe you too will learn that lesson, but likely not cuz you used to almost be someone in the football world.

Edited by TBURGESS

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont even think Rourke is a head of schedule. He wasn't doing anything crazy in that one video. He looked like he was be deliberate in his movements....as far as I'm concerned, this is a ploy to make defenses study up a bit more on a distraction just in case and an attempt to get some media attention/ticket sales.

Yeah. Makes sense. A sort of rope a dope.
Anyone arguing that he will be ready reminds me of 2014 when Durant was hurt. Some goof named Migs came on MBB stating Durant would play, because he knows. Goof Migs stated he “saw Durant throwing the ball by looking through the spaces in the fence at practise”. Goof Migs also said that the coach was quoted as saying”Durant has been practising throwing in the locker room”. And “why would the coaches lie?”. Was such a ridiculous whack of statements I had to signup to MBB and give that goof a blast of ****. “ bunch of other people gave the goof crap as well. 
im seeing similar views with rourke’s miraculous recover. Such stupidity. 

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Yeah. Makes sense. A sort of rope a dope.
Anyone arguing that he will be ready reminds me of 2014 when Durant was hurt. Some goof named Migs came on MBB stating Durant would play, because he knows. Goof Migs stated he “saw Durant throwing the ball by looking through the spaces in the fence at practise”. Goof Migs also said that the coach was quoted as saying”Durant has been practising throwing in the locker room”. And “why would the coaches lie?”. Was such a ridiculous whack of statements I had to signup to MBB and give that goof a blast of ****. “ bunch of other people gave the goof crap as well. 
im seeing similar views with rourke’s miraculous recover. Such stupidity. 

Goof Migs is over at Riderfans stating the Bombers haven't lost a single decent starter to injury this year. Maston and Couture don't count because apparently Maston hasn't played in a long time and Couture isn't a starter.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Goof Migs is over at Riderfans stating the Bombers haven't lost a single decent starter to injury this year. Maston and Couture don't count because apparently Maston hasn't played in a long time and Couture isn't a starter.

Ok then what about Alexander? Or Jeffcoat? Or Wilson? Just for starters.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think the biggest loss was Kyrie Wilson.  Dude is a silent all star and a huge part on the defense.

I also assume Ellingson and Wolly both are not "decent" ?  

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think the biggest loss was Kyrie Wilson.  Dude is a silent all star and a huge part on the defense.

We haven't lost a single man game to injury of a decent player this year apparently. Luckiest run in the history of pro football.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Don't count.

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Glad that **** wad doesn't come here any more. Poster boy for ******* rider fans. 

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

yeah...League All-star voted by piers....he's no Dan fatty Clark and Maston was the final piece to solidify the first cup

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yup....3 more all-stars....they obviously wouldn't hurt any team missing similar talent....other teams would be so lucky to have 3 like that

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

yup....solid as they get Canadian receiver, and another guy who is a clutch proven vet, and was tops in league for us when he went out...easily replaceable and no issue to lose players like that...especially with another...Demski missing 4 games too...no loss there

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It's also fair to say, our 2 OTs have battled more injuries this year, which has hampered their effectiveness

I realize OL always play hurt, but it has seemed like more than usual this year

yup...the 2 league all-star tackle not at 100%....that is a non issue for sure...and also lost in the fracas is that lousy Houston being out as well...thankfully he sucked and isnt a quality guy so he easily replaced.....just like we replaced the replacement for BA and Wilson....cause they weren't quality

it just makes you shake your head and laugh at other fan bases moaning about shoulda..woulda...coulda if not for the injuries, and how we are so lucky to escape injury issues...well when you have depth, and talent, and team players who step in and you don't miss a beat, I guess it tricks them into thinking they were the starters from day one...cause they look and play like it....so we have "no" injuries

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...League All-star voted by piers....he's no Dan fatty Clark and Maston was the final piece to solidify the first cup

yup....3 more all-stars....they obviously wouldn't hurt any team missing similar talent....other teams would be so lucky to have 3 like that

yup....solid as they get Canadian receiver, and another guy who is a clutch proven vet, and was tops in league for us when he went out...easily replaceable and no issue to lose players like that...especially with another...Demski missing 4 games too...no loss there

yup...the 2 league all-star tackle not at 100%....that is a non issue for sure...and also lost in the fracas is that lousy Houston being out as well...thankfully he sucked and isnt a quality guy so he easily replaced.....just like we replaced the replacement for BA and Wilson....cause they weren't quality

it just makes you shake your head and laugh at other fan bases moaning about shoulda..woulda...coulda if not for the injuries, and how we are so lucky to escape injury issues...well when you have depth, and talent, and team players who step in and you don't miss a beat, I guess it tricks them into thinking they were the starters from day one...cause they look and play like it....so we have "no" injuries

Migs says we did not face adversity with our injuries so they don't count.